Sign in to follow this  
Skrulnik

New to the forum...glad I found it

Skrulnik

Greetings everyone. Have been reading the newbie information and it is a little overwhelming, but the information is top notch. Trying to gather info and ready myself for that first purchase (see this being an expensive addition, is there a support group forum as well?).

Looking forward to continuing to read and boost my knowledge of the topic and work up to a purchase.

Located in Wisconsin.

Any beginner watch recommendations to "bust the cherry" so to speak?

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

Advising on a first rep is always difficult - it depends on what you like! Lots of folks start with a Rolex submariner, but that's kinda predictable :P

Spend some time on the board - take a look at the wrist-check threads and see what takes your fancy. Don't hesitate to ask questions :P

malpasoman

Welcome from a new member also. It is a great place to gather knowledge & share some friendly banter. Although be prepared to give that wallet a bashing :P

Skrulnik

Thanks for the welcome Greg. I have been researching a Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 36 stainless with a black face. Have been communicating with the preferred sellers list and have a few in mind. Mary promptly responded and send some pictures of one with Asian 7750 chronograph movement for $328. Still gathering info though.

Thanks again for the welcome, will have to look at the wrist check tread as well.