Sign in to follow this  
Del

AP Diver (Fine DD version) - a short review.

sconehead

...egg and face springs to mind...:lmao2:

Wiz
For the record, there is no such thing as "Grade A Superluminova", juste like there is no such thing as "Grade A" replica. There is Tritec Super-LumiNova®, and there is the rest of the world. :)

Yes it is. Grade A Superluminova costs 30% more but it glows 30% brighter and longer :lmao2:

sam57731600x1200.jpg

sam57741600x1200.jpg

And if you order it in "extra fine" (costs also more) you can make the little fine DOTS like on DEL´s Superocean with a dosimeter till 0,1mm.

Only a question of equipment and price... :)

Whooops, my bad! :D

Thanks for correcting Uwe! ;)

ronin007

As many of you know, I recently bought an AP Diver directly from Uwe (Fine DD) complete with all of his mods as follows:-

- gen SW 220-1 movement

- relumed with Superluminova Grade A on dial, hands and inner bezel

- double AR on crystal and cyclop

- AP ROO crystal, raised to 0,3mm over bezel

- sunken bezel screws

- waterproofed till 6.7 bars

- regulated movement

It came on the standard rubber strap (which is of great quality btw) but I wanted it on a hornback so was lucky to snap this Donerix one up from Midasmook who only lives 10 mins from my house - it was a lot quicker than ordering new! This is exactly the look I was wanting - the strap is really nice and comfortable to wear too. (Note: changing these straps is a right pain in the arse/ass! wink.png)

The watch itself is incredible. The movement is as smooth as butter, really quiet and keeps excellent time (as you would expect).

Obviously, Uwe has taken a good rep and made it super. End of. Between the AR and fully-lumed dial it just oozes quality, but even the little details like sunken bezel screws all contribute to the "gen" feeling you get from it. It's even waterproofed, despite the extra screw-in crown and renown ill-fitting caseback. (Uwe has his own gasket that he fits to give a watertight seal on the caseback.)

All in all, this is an incredible rep and, in my opinion, well worth the money. thumbsup2.gif

I've taken a few more pics - hope you enjoy them.

pa307517v2.jpg

pa307518v2.jpg

pa307521v2.jpg

pa307523v2.jpg

pa307524v2.jpg

pa307525v2.jpg

pa307527v2.jpg

pa307543v2.jpg

Going to have to try this strap-watch combo,great one del!!!!

taukappaepsilon

That looks great. I need to send mine to someone for a relume. The relumed inner bezel looks exactly like gen.

zoiks

nice AP diver.. is this the V3.5? where is DD based?

Del

This thread is from 2011.........and I don't have this watch now. :thud:

yawn

nice AP diver.. is this the V3.5? where is DD based?

i think this is v2, judging from the date of posting and the inner bezel numbers.