Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Getat Lume

JohnG

Thanks to the comments of members of RWG1.1 and RG in threads on lume and rep lume in general (the links to which I sent to Getat Watch), they have been experimenting with lume and are now about to offer GlowInc v10 lume on some of their sandwich dials.

I got an email from Tat yesterday with some pics, they are looking REALLY good. I always wondered why the rep dealers didn't get on the factories' asses to improve the lume, especially given the LOW cost of using good lume powder. The only answer is they just don't give a shit. Here, finally, is a seller who DOES care and boy are we getting real value now - a GREAT watch at a GREAT price from a GREAT dealer. Too bad there are no rep dealers like this, though frankly I don't care anymore, it's HOMAGES BABY! Nothing else matters!

Hello JohnG,

Did you try the glowpowder V10?

We have tried and it is quite bright but only last for about 5 hours.

And how about the colour of the powder when dried? We foundit is quite pale -yellow not pure white.

Please see the photos attached.

Regards,

Tat

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

get-attachmentaspx1.jpg

KinCaidk

Holy shit!!!

That is fucking awesome!! Only problem is that I need to get a PAM homage with Glowinc, the Oris homage and the HBB homage from them now.!

houndoggie

Praise the Lord!!! A dealer that listens!!!!

Thanks, John for setting it up.

Looks great TAT... I will be buying one for sure now...

Next, you need to get the factory to do 44mm Ti PAM case with stainless steel bezel.

greg_r

WOW!

Tat - build your watches with this lume and I will certainly be buying several more from you :)

AustinTech

AWESOME TAT!

You build them, we will buy them!

The_Monkey

Damnit, I just ordered a bunch of glowy stuff yesterday to give reluming a go... If I'd known about this I would have held off and just ordered new dial and hand sets... may still have to do that.

Dr.Manhatten

was there any indication of when these dials will be available?

JohnG

Don't know when they will be available, will let you guys know as soon as I find out!

I know he is also experimenting with "stealth lume" - I sent him some threads (the graphite technique) and another one by Pyrolume from TZ or WUS, can't remember which.... anyway, he would like to have a stealth sandwich dial that glows at night....

Getat

Hi All!~!! LONG TIME NO SEE !~!!!

:)

Thanks so much.

So busy last week and will upload some information about how to order (because can pay card directly now) some prducts ....etc this weekend.

Actually, we are trying to compare the lume from V10, LumTEC & RC Tritec ....hahaha...we can get RC Tritec <----- not easy to get

But our goal of course using a great lume but no prices change. Hope decide it soon and can sell the new lume asap.

( Some advistment IF SOMEONE NEED BUY WATCH WITH RELUME, WE CAN DO IT NOW FOR YOU ) <------will be banned or not

More Surprise will be coming.

If anyone want to give us opinions, please send email or PM us. such as ETA movement 6497, 2824, 2836 <-----so expensive, chrono movement, style ...anythings.....

And houndoggie, how about stainless steel brushed case with polished bezel? Producing a new titanium case really need a hugh prices.

greg_r

Fantastic, Tat! :)

alphakazi

This is awesome! thanks for the push on this John and thank you Tat for considering what people want :)

Dr.Manhatten
This is awesome! thanks for the push on this John and thank you Tat for considering what people want :)

agreed!

trailboss99

Great news! Realy good to have a dealer that listens to what the buyers want. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Tat. I will be keeping a eye on your section.

Col.

houndoggie

:rofl:

...And houndoggie, how about stainless steel brushed case with polished bezel? Producing a new titanium case really need a hugh prices.

Tat, I'd think Ti case with polished Ti bezel would be better. I was hoping that the bezels from the 2 cases wear interchangeable. I think Jackson Tse's cases are.. I don't know if you use the same source as he does.

Another thing I'd like to see is a black datewheel on your 44mm GMT watches (maybe with a nice thick datefont :))

keep up the good work!!

JohnG

:rofl:

...And houndoggie, how about stainless steel brushed case with polished bezel? Producing a new titanium case really need a hugh prices.

Tat, I'd think Ti case with polished Ti bezel would be better. I was hoping that the bezels from the 2 cases wear interchangeable. I think Jackson Tse's cases are.. I don't know if you use the same source as he does.

Another thing I'd like to see is a black datewheel on your 44mm GMT watches (maybe with a nice thick datefont :))

keep up the good work!!

Yeah, if they are interchangeable, perhaps they could be ordered from the factory with the SS bezel and the Ti case.

Jackson's are interchangeable, but he won't sell them as a combo, you have to buy two cases - so you would end up with one Ti/SS bezel and one SS/Ti bezel.... I think about $85 for the two cases....

houndoggie

:thumbsup:

Another thing I'd like to see is a black datewheel on your 44mm GMT watches (maybe with a nice thick datefont ;))

keep up the good work!!

Yeah, if they are interchangeable, perhaps they could be ordered from the factory with the SS bezel and the Ti case.

Jackson's are interchangeable, but he won't sell them as a combo, you have to buy two cases - so you would end up with one Ti/SS bezel and one SS/Ti bezel.... I think about $85 for the two cases....

Yep.. and the work of swapping the bezels, which can be a little trying. If Tat could find out if the bezels from the 2 cases work together and convince the factory to smash some ss bezels on some Ti cases, I think there would be a nice market for them. I would buy a couple (cases and whole watches)

JohnG

:thumbsup:

Another thing I'd like to see is a black datewheel on your 44mm GMT watches (maybe with a nice thick datefont ;))

keep up the good work!!

Yep.. and the work of swapping the bezels, which can be a little trying. If Tat could find out if the bezels from the 2 cases work together and convince the factory to smash some ss bezels on some Ti cases, I think there would be a nice market for them. I would buy a couple (cases and whole watches)

Me too - at least a couple of cases....

Getat

Hello,

Oh...I know that. But the main problem is it is not the same factory to produce Ti and SS cases. ti factory produce Ti products, Ss facory produce SS products only.

If we produce it sepaeratly, they may not guarantee the WR. If 3 ATM I think it is not a big problem, but how about 10 ATM. It need more and more precision on all size.

Let's me think about it.

houndoggie
Hello,

Oh...I know that. But the main problem is it is not the same factory to produce Ti and SS cases. ti factory produce Ti products, Ss facory produce SS products only.

If we produce it sepaeratly, they may not guarantee the WR. If 3 ATM I think it is not a big problem, but how about 10 ATM. It need more and more precision on all size.

Let's me think about it.

Tat, that makes sense.. maybe you can try one and see how it fits and how the WR is.

The_Monkey
Hello,

Let's me think about it.

During your consideration keep in mind most of the people here are used to reps and have a "test don't trust" view for WR so even a guarantee of 3 ATM is more than we're used to on much more expensive watches.

As long as it'll survive being worn in a decent rain and the price is reasonable we'll be happy.

I know I would be seriously tempted by a Ti case with the polished SS bezel with a saphire crystal.

trailboss99

10 ATM? Mate, if you can do that I will be amazed. My tester won't even go that high. Neither will the Bergeon that most pro watchmakers use. In my experiance (and that of others I have talked to) if a watch is good to 4 or 5 ATM ist's good for eight or ten. Your atttention to quality and detail is a breth of fresh air to us. Bravo! :)

Col.

Member X

Well, I don't log on over the weekend and look what happens! :(

This is all great news and it's amazing to have a dealer that's actually interested in finding out what people want B)

If decent lume becomes available, I'm not sure I will be able to resist... :D

Edited by Member X

Dr.Manhatten
Well, I don't log on over the weekend and look what happens! :(

This is all great news and it's amazing to have a dealer that's actually interested in finding out what people want B)

If decent lume becomes available, I'm not sure I will be able to resist... :D

i know i wont be able too. prolly gonna end up ording a ton of parts and dials when this happens.