Sign in to follow this  
BrendanBhoy

Submariner advice

BrendanBhoy

Hi guys, i've just joined the forum and I would like to ask, what is the best Submariner?

Only joking :facepalm: .

I have an ETA 2836-2 movement which i would like to install into a Submariner which I'm about to buy from Narikaa - i would like to know if it will fit ok.

I have been reading posts which show how to remove the ETA movement and i'm thinking it's just a question working backwards to install the movement. i have no practical experience working with watches but i'm confident enough to give it a go. Or would it be wiser to send the watch to someone more knowledgable? If so, can you recommend someone, preferrably in the UK? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Narikaa's Sub http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=17922

Edited by BrendanBhoy

schmooze

Unless you really know what you're doing, it's more economical and easier to buy one with either A2836 or ETA2836 already installed., Is your existing movement clean and sealed, if so, keep it in case you need to use it as a replacement.

Just had a look at the Narikaa sub. IMO would just leave it as a 21800. Wear it, bang it, dent it, use it, then buy a ETA2836 from one of the our other trusted watch pushers.

BrendanBhoy

Thanks for your reply Schmooze. The movement is currently in a very poor Sub (terrible crystal, stuck rotating ring/bezel, loose HEV, inconsistent case finish etc, it is plain awful). The only thing worth salvaging from the watch is the movement so i'd like to find a good quality Sub which i could drop it into. narikaa's Sub looks very nice but i don't know if it'll take the 2836-2.

sconehead

...if you buy a cheapy 21j watch and use the ETA, you'll have to find replacemant hands, maybe a dial and may have movement alignment issues...Just buy a better sub and keep the movement as a spare...:facepalm:

Member X

+1 to what Sconey says :dingleberry-nemesis: