Sign in to follow this  
phaedo

Where is this bit supposed to go?

phaedo

Okay guys, was out in the garden today, and when I came in my watch was rattling. Quite surprised it has not happened earlier to be honest, but am lucky there I guess. A7750 movement, and when i pulled it open, turns out the rotor has undone itself. I have the rotor, the screw for the rotor, and a third piece that I have no idea where it goes. Now, I would assume it is to do with the rotor also, it seems to be the same size. But before I put it back together, where exactly does it go, so I don't make a mistake?

rotor.jpg

trailboss99

Nope, that looks very much like a movement retaining tab. There should be two or three of these distributed evenly around the MVT holding it in. Have a looky and see if there's any spare threaded holes around the outer perimiter of the MVT that look like that belongs in it.

Oh, and give the watch a shake 'cause I would have thought there should be a washer with the rotor asembly. May be best to hack the MVT when you do to prevent it lodging in a moving gear train.

Col.

phaedo

Thanks Col, got a reply slightly quicker over at RWG jnr, and it was the movement holder tab. No sign of a washer for the rotor though, which is what I was assuming this was. Found the other screw for the movement holder too, it had fallen out with the other bits and missed it the first time; naturally I hacked the movement, I may not know enough to do my own repairs etc but I know enough not to get bits into the 'spinny really fast' bit. All better now, but not an easy thing to fix without the right tools. And a bracelet that refused to come off too.

trailboss99

It's a lot easier to split a braclet at the clasp by removing the springbar from the ajustment side of the clasp than to remove one from the case. Less chance of scratching anything too. Any pointy object that fits the hole will do the job.

Col.

phaedo

Actually tried to take the bracelet off at one of the links, but I think it must have been on too long untouched - refused to budge.

KBH

There's another screw loose in your movement. There should be a screw for the movement tab and another for the rotor. And no washer for the rotor.

AustinTech

Damn, you got an auto movement in your cell phone? You foreigners got shit we ain't got in the States!