Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Camel Trophy watch and boxset.

trailboss99

Just picked this beauty up on da bay for AUD31. It's complete, watch, papers, warrenty, proof of purchase card, the Camel sticker (which is usualy gone in these sets) andthe instruction booklet. Looks in good condition too!

I think this one may be a keeper. Alltho it's worth a great deal more than I paid I'm a Camel Trophy fan so . . .

BYcbCoQB2kKGrHgoOKicEjlLmYvG8BKhlfp.jpg

All it needs is some "genuine" Sth American mud :)

I'm quite looking foward to this one actualy.

Col.

oscarmadfish

i like it :)

P_Diddy

nice watch, reminds me of a simple Breitling

:)

trailboss99

Does a bit PD. Only 40mm or so tho.

Looks to have a nice patina about it. Not a watch that looks it's best if too new.

Col.

KinCaidk

it looks really nice..

Especially the bezel, it has the right adventures look :)

P_Diddy

can we see a lume shot :)

Does a bit PD. Only 40mm or so tho.

Looks to have a nice patina about it. Not a watch that looks it's best if too new.

Col.

alphakazi

for about $25US, can't go wrong there Col - nice pick up

Land Rover + mud = bliss :nana:

trailboss99
can we see a lume shot :nana:

When it turns up you can see a lume shot. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Col.

trailboss99

Well, it made it! Just as nice IRL as in the pics. Not a mark on the tin or watch, all books and proof of purchase card from Embassy Jewel AG, Luzern.

I just finished puting a new battery (SR920SW) in her and it's a very well made piece. Lovely screw back, screw down crown, water proof to 10ATM!

The ETA MVT is one hell of a nice quartz MVT, all steel, gold plated too. When I get a camera good enough I'll take a shot with the back off.

Not bad for 25USD!

Col.

houndoggie
Well, it made it! Just as nice IRL as in the pics. Not a mark on the tin or watch, all books and proof of purchase card from Embassy Jewel AG, Luzern.

I just finished puting a new battery (SR920SW) in her and it's a very well made piece. Lovely screw back, screw down crown, water proof to 10ATM!

The ETA MVT is one hell of a nice quartz MVT, all steel, gold plated too. When I get a camera good enough I'll take a shot with the back off.

Not bad for 25USD!

Col.

good deal Col.

KBH

I thought we were gonna see "Camel toes"? Damn.

Nice find, by the way.

trailboss99
I thought we were gonna see "Camel toes"? Damn.

Nice find, by the way.

Yep, I'm wraped. A truly great quartz watch built, as I found out today under licence by Panerai no less. Who would have thought a quartz from the Pam factory? That, at least, explains the quality of the case structure and strap. With the solid extension on the band where the Camel logo is it only just fits my skinny wrists but I can just pull it off.

After wearing it last night post battery replacment I wore it to bed. Aiiieeee! My eyes! I kid you not, the glow reflected off the wall beside the bed. C3 I suspect.

I realy did not expect this kind of quality from a "Event brand" watch but when you think about it the competitors wear these during the challenge so they must be good. I'd be happy to wear this 'un in any daytime gathering, yacht club, country club, where ever it would stand it's own. Happy? Hell yes!

Damn it's good to have a win! :D

Col.

Member X

Ebay is great when you get a bargain :D

Nice choice, will look forward to seeing the lume shot too!

landwomble

any interest in this? Found it in my loft: I last wore it in around 1990 I think. Wondering if it was worth getting a new battery put in it, but open to offers as I want to top up the paypal account to pay for a Jackson Tsei PAM rep without my other half noticing!

Full documentation/warranty/etc.

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx103/landwomble/

trailboss99

Yeah, bit short ATM tho so I can't do anything till I get back from holidays in a week and a half. Def interested tho.

Col.

oscarmadfish

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

landwomble
Yeah, bit short ATM tho so I can't do anything till I get back from holidays in a week and a half. Def interested tho.

Col.

Ok, I'll try a new battery and assuming it's ok I'll let you know.

Ric

landwomble

Col.

Ric

Hmm, not looking good. Crown has detached! Going to try a battery and see if it's fixable but suspect this might be one for the spares or repairs pile...

trailboss99

Col.

Ric

Hmm, not looking good. Crown has detached! Going to try a battery and see if it's fixable but suspect this might be one for the spares or repairs pile...

Still interested, you just devalued it is all :D

Col.

landwomble

Col.

Ric

Still interested, you just devalued it is all :D

haha, fair enough. I've not opened it up yet - if you want to make me an offer feel free! I'll sit on it till then.

Cheers!

Ric

Col.

trailboss99

Yeah mate. I'll see what's left in the coffers when I get back. I'll have to see if a MVT is available for the jigger.

Col.

landwomble
Yeah mate. I'll see what's left in the coffers when I get back. I'll have to see if a MVT is available for the jigger.

Col.

I'll keep it sat in it's box for you, just in case.

landwomble

Col.

I'll keep it sat in it's box for you, just in case.

bump!

trailboss99

PM sent.