Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Parnis 47mm Fantasy Radiomir Chrono

greg_r

This just arrived, picked up on impulse via eBay as I just fancied the look of it (although to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I'm keeping this one for long).

Anyhow, it's a Parnis 47mm fantasy Radiomir quartz chrono in 'pvd'. The chrono hand is controlled by two flush pushers (which kinda defeats the object, but what the hell :nana:), the subdial at nine counts minutes in chrono mode and the subdial at 3 acts as a 24-hour hand. The 'pvd' finish doesn't feel like pvd at all - more like some kind of plastic coating, but it seems pretty durable and looks quite nice. The sandwich dial is particularly attractive imho, but the lume is pretty much non-existent.

Not the greatest watch in the world, but not bad given that I sniped it for £20.

parnis_rad_chrono.jpg

Dr.Manhatten

not so bad. realy like the gold and black dial

sconehead

Not my pint of warm beer Greg being quartz but good for the money. You tempted by the RWI raffle?

greg_r
Not my pint of warm beer Greg being quartz but good for the money. You tempted by the RWI raffle?

Not sure it's mine either, to tell the truth - was just an impulse buy. Might end up being a giveaway, actually...

RWI raffle - hell no, much as I'd like a gen PAM. I have serious reservations about these high-priced raffles - I feel they undermine what the whole board is about. $120 for a 1-in-50 chance is a sucker bet anyhow...

sconehead

Not sure it's mine either, to tell the truth - was just an impulse buy. Might end up being a giveaway, actually...

RWI raffle - hell no, much as I'd like a gen PAM. I have serious reservations about these high-priced raffles - I feel they undermine what the whole board is about. $120 for a 1-in-50 chance is a sucker bet anyhow...

I know where you're coming from...still, everytime the Euromillions get's to silly money, I always do a lucky dip...I'm torn with this watch... :nana:

greg_r

Well, betting £1.50 is one thing. $120 is quite another.

sconehead

Exactly, if it was $50 or so I'd jump at it. The watch is worth about $4500-4800 isn't it?

AustinTech
dryheaves.gif

houndoggie

Nice watch! Wear it well!!

.....*snicker*

greg_r
Exactly, if it was $50 or so I'd jump at it. The watch is worth about $4500-4800 isn't it?

Summat like that.

LMAO@AT's post :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My only comment being that 'My Parnis is bigger than yours...' :thumbsup2:

and ...err thanks, HD. :nana:

sconehead

Greg...I cracked and bought a spot on the raffle...punish me, I'm weak...

greg_r

Now is the time to think about the rep you could have bought with that $120... :Whistle:

Hope you win, though B)

sconehead

To be honest, I got to thinking about HK's post. There are two more gens that I currently consider 'grails' to go with my Sub, a Pam of any description with a crown guard (except a submersible HD :Whistle: ) and a plain old SMP.

The SMP I can pick up used for around £650-750 used if I look hard enough, not to unatainable if I quell my spending on reps for a month or two. The Pam, well we all know how overpriced they are really, I would have to seriously save up or go into hock for, so maybe this is an easier, if somewhat riskier method of attempting to get one.

That's my thought process on the matter...yes, I'm still trying to convince myself... B)

Luthier
This just arrived, picked up on impulse via eBay as I just fancied the look of it (although to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I'm keeping this one for long).

Anyhow, it's a Parnis 47mm fantasy Radiomir quartz chrono in 'pvd'. The chrono hand is controlled by two flush pushers (which kinda defeats the object, but what the hell ;)), the subdial at nine counts minutes in chrono mode and the subdial at 3 acts as a 24-hour hand. The 'pvd' finish doesn't feel like pvd at all - more like some kind of plastic coating, but it seems pretty durable and looks quite nice. The sandwich dial is particularly attractive imho, but the lume is pretty much non-existent.

Not the greatest watch in the world, but not bad given that I sniped it for £20.

Parnis...? Fantasy...? Quaaartzzz....?????????????? Shity plastic PVD...??? Bad lume...? And flush pushers...???

Greg, next time you'll want to throw $30 in trash can - ask for my paypal.

B) :P :Whistle:

P_Diddy

it would look better without the chrono long seconds hand, still not bad for a 'beater' :irish_dance:

How many beaters have you got now? :P

Edited by P_Diddy

alphakazi

nothing wrong with buying a cheapy. Thanks to greg, now we know what this homage is all about - kudos :P

greg_r

Luthier: you forget, I've seen some of the junk you guys have bought too... :irish_dance:

It looked better in the photos. Honest. :P

Luthier
Luthier: you forget, I've seen some of the junk you guys have bought too... :rofl:

It looked better in the photos. Honest. :irish_dance:

We don't call it "junk", we proudly call it "cheapies".

:P

greg_r
Luthier: you forget, I've seen some of the junk you guys have bought too... :rofl:

It looked better in the photos. Honest. :rofl:

We don't call it "junk", we proudly call it "cheapies".

:irish_dance:

LMAO!

Touché, my friend, touché :P

sconehead

Sell it on RG... :P

greg_r
Sell it on RG... :P

tempting... :irish_dance:

I wonder how much I'd get - prolly at least a couple hundred :rofl: