Sign in to follow this  
deja123

Got a Letter from rolex Today ;-(

Aren

You are not responsible for what someone sends you in the mail if you do not admit to ordering it.

As PF suggested, just tell them you know nothing about it and they can do as they wish. You have no connection to it.

If you tell them what to do with the watch, it could be construed as you directing the disposition of your property and therefore an admission that you, in fact, knew of it.

If you tell them anything, tell them you know nothing about it.

All the best. Sorry this happened.

Sounds like you need a reshipper.

Luthier

I'd say - I have no any idea, what my friend sent me, as a gift, but, if you reported to any other party (in this case - Rolex), it's illegal, and I'll sue you.

Then talk to the lawyer and start the lawsuit. Fuck them.

DeLaForce

I wouldn't take any Chances, rolex do give a fuck. And you might be the example .

gtwc
I wouldn't take any Chances, rolex do give a fuck. And you might be the example .

unfortunately I agree +1

Rolex do 'Give a Fuck'.

Arsebiscuits.

ron76

F***ed up that customs have your watch mate, hope things work out and this will be a one time thing.

Hope it does'nt happen to me, or anyone else for that mater

Nisv

IS it illegal for Customs to inform, in this case, Rolex?

I don't know what the law says, but wouldn't it be a case of all and any evidence regarding this rep being seized in transit is forfit,

if it's illegal for Customs to forward this information to, for example, Rolex?

:)

gtwc

NO, NISV.

Many EU countries have a no rep policy.

In France & Italy (thanks to Silvio) you can be arrested or fined if you are spotted

on the street with a rep. handbag or suchlike.

Lucky here in the UK the only bags we can afford due to our increasingly poor cost

of living are brown paper ones, so the above does not apply.

Where's my winter fuel payment? (which has gone down by 20% / £50 - even tho'

fuel costs have increased!!!)

Fuckin' government.

Nisv

OK, thanks.

alexell

I am sorry a lot it :D

acharria
TS sayed my own Problem

Is TS sending you another watch?? or you are going to lose your money??

Tempus

Any illegal use of a trademark, copyright infringement or illegally copied goods can be reported to the copyright, trademark, product owner whether it's a member of the public or a legal/government entity without reference.

If it were me I would distance myself and not be drawn into any response, mitigating or not. However, if you plan on replying, tell them it was for a play, film, theatre production and was going to be used as a prop., or something just as innocuous and innocent as that. Fucking bad luck though.

Balad1

Like others have said, ignore it and get a mod to look into the response from TS.

Ollifl
Like others have said, ignore it and get a mod to look into the response from TS.

Whatever you do, do not say you knew there was a watch in a package. throw the letter in the basket with others and let some poor customs guy wear a nice watch for Christmas dinner.

GreenTrees

Surely Ts aren't to blame for this, they were asked to send a fake Rolex watch to Germany which they have clearly done.

IMO Customs & particularly Rolex have been pretty fair too.

All part of the game and a useful lesson for some :thepianohasbeendrinking:

Balad1
Surely Ts aren't to blame for this, they were asked to send a fake Rolex watch to Germany which they have clearly done.

All part of the game and a useful lesson for some :thepianohasbeendrinking:

Most trusted dealers will make things right on a customs seizure or loss. This is from the TS website:

---------------------------------------------------

Shipping Protocol - Where will you ship? How will you handle some problems in customs, returns, flawed watches and confiscated watches? Are the watches lost or destroyed?

- Our watches are shipped to nearly everywhere around the world, mainly for Europe US State, Oceania, Asian customers. Occasionally, we also have African customers. Generally speaking, in case when our watches are detained by the customs of major countries in the world or missing, we will re-delivery the same ones to our customers, and ensure that our customer will receive them as soon as possible.

http://timeshops.net/content/4-about-us

jeffw69

I saw this on the TS site:

Please note that we will not guarantee clearly the country customs as below:

Germany

ITALY

Switzerland

Sweden

Belgium

Finland

Danish

JAPAN

KOREA

#We will not re-send, exchange or refund if your package is checked by above country customs.

andygt

In future drop me a pm and get it reshipped via uk

10:10 Watch Repair

All part of the game and a useful lesson for some :lol:

I agree.

Great story though.

wolfwood

I actually would like to see what the Rolex letter looks like.

watch.aholic

Me too!

myaz

Me too!

Me 3!

schmooze
TS sayed my own Problem

If that's Timesshop..then I rate them as a bunch of scum bags anyway...everything good with them until you get a problem..then on in, they don't give a fuck.

Yes that's my experience, before all you martyrs jump on my back and say you have had wonderful,butterfly,rainbow experiences with them...

I'm not jumping on the rainbow wagon, but customs is out of TS control, unless the package is marked "Fake Chinese Rolex" on the description field., however timeshops could warn buyers as to potential problems in some EU countries.

Del
TS sayed my own Problem

If that's Timesshop..then I rate them as a bunch of scum bags anyway...everything good with them until you get a problem..then on in, they don't give a fuck.

Yes that's my experience, before all you martyrs jump on my back and say you have had wonderful,butterfly,rainbow experiences with them...

I'm not jumping on the rainbow wagon, but customs is out of TS control, unless the package is marked "Fake Chinese Rolex" on the description field., however timeshops could warn buyers as to potential problems in some EU countries.

Eh, I think they do - read post #41 above.

Btw, I'm not a huge fan of TS, I'm just pointing out that they state in their website the problem countries. :)

JohnG
Germany, One Letter from customs One from rolex they say i can choose destroy or Law Problems

I'd just ignore it and let the dealer know what's happened.

+1

The is the standard procedure in these cases. Just ignore it. Just because it has your address on it is not proof that you ignored it. It is an intimidation tactic.

They send out thousands upon thousands of these, some people will get scared and that is what they want.

If you think you are on a "list" that will prevent you from getting watches, forget it. Customs cannot inspect more than a couple percent (if that) of packages, they don't have the manpower. And they don't have the time or resources to check every name on every package against a database. The names/addresses are HAND WRITTEN - so they would have to enter each name manually.

Don't sweat it.

JohnG

Just to be clear, IGNORE THE LETTER. DO NOT REPLY.