Sign in to follow this  
deja123

Got a Letter from rolex Today ;-(

deja123

I have searched the Internet of that Procedere in Germany, it seems that this "could" Be very expansive for me :-( i will ask a Client of our Company what i should do He is a lawyer... Damn :-(

Silverspeed

Listen to John....ignore the letter

In the case they contact you directly, deny that you ordered anything from China

JohnG

In the case they contact you directly, deny that you ordered anything from China

Yes, IGNORE THE LETTER.

As Aren has said above, the fact that it was addressed to you is NOT PROOF that you ordered it. Furthermore, the letter is not a legal document, it cannot compel you to do anything. Only a court can do that.

Rolex sends these out in countries all over the world. And they misrepresent the law and try to intimidate people into paying a "fine" and signing something that they will never purchase a counterfeit Rolex again. But they can't force you to do so, and if you ignore them they will give up. But they know that SOME people will get scared and pay up and that is what they want - to DETER the rep trade.

Seriously, I have been around a while and have never seen ONE person, in ANY country, end up in court over one of these letters. NOT ONE. And these threads come along quite often.

But the choice is yours of course.

Tempus

Yes, IGNORE THE LETTER.

As Aren has said above, the fact that it was addressed to you is NOT PROOF that you ordered it. Furthermore, the letter is not a legal document, it cannot compel you to do anything. Only a court can do that.

Rolex sends these out in countries all over the world. And they misrepresent the law and try to intimidate people into paying a "fine" and signing something that they will never purchase a counterfeit Rolex again. But they can't force you to do so, and if you ignore them they will give up. But they know that SOME people will get scared and pay up and that is what they want - to DETER the rep trade.

Seriously, I have been around a while and have never seen ONE person, in ANY country, end up in court over one of these letters. NOT ONE. And these threads come along quite often.

But the choice is yours of course.

+1 Makes V Good sense..... If you haven't replied .....DON'T

trailboss99
i will ask a Client of our Company what i should do He is a lawyer...

So is John mate. Not that you should consider his to be legal advice but he knows of what he speaks.

He is also right, you know nothing about any watch. We have been thru this many times before with other members.

deja123

My Lawyer talked with Rolex, the Watch will only be destroyed and no other Problems or Payment to Rolex....Now i only have to see if Porsche will send a Letter to me....it seems that i have luck and only the watches are destroyed ;-(

deja

i dont understand - why would you reply?! just IGNORE IT

andygt
:lol:

deja123

Because in Germany the Law is a bit different if you just ignore it it could be that you get a "steuerstrafverfahren" and if that happend i loose my job so i have contacted a lawyer to clear this problem, and he gets a second letter from rolex that there will be no other law things after destroying the wath...so no more problem for me...thats all. The idea with ignoring the letter was a bit dangerous for me and my good sleep at night!

trailboss99

:lol: We tried . . .

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Del

Glad you got it sorted out ok mate. It's obviously a shame that you had to destroy the watch but better that than having more serious consequences.

deja123

That´s the same what i thought!

solkryssare
That´s the same what i thought!

I did the same mate. Don't care what people might say. Letting them destroy it helped me sleep at night and it was definitely worth that to me :)

jeffw69

Who does Rolex think they are anyway???Forcing you to destroy the watch?

Fuck them! Bastards!

solkryssare
Who does Rolex think they are anyway???Forcing you to destroy the watch?

Fuck them! Bastards!

Cant say I blame them. We have to remember that these, how fun and interesting they might be, are illegal products.

jeffw69

I know Sol, but I thought that it was just illegal to manufacture and sell them, not to buy them( at least in US I believe)

Rolex should realize that supposedly a good amount of people who buy reps of Rolex, eventually go on to purchase a Gen- which puts money in their pockets.

andygt

I got a letter from the Rolex, the other day

I opened and read it, it said they were suckers

They wanted to destroy my rep or whatever

Picture me giving a damn, I said never

solkryssare
I know Sol, but I thought that it was just illegal to manufacture and sell them, not to buy them( at least in US I believe)

Rolex should realize that supposedly a good amount of people who buy reps of Rolex, eventually go on to purchase a Gen- which puts money in their pockets.

Yes its the same here. But I think, and I might be wrong here, that even if buying and owning reps isn't illegal, the product it self still is. And therefore Rolex has the right to ask German customs to dispose of a replica watch.

I got a letter from the Rolex,the other day

Oh oh! Tricky!?

Nisv
I got a letter from the Rolex, the other day

:facepalm:

The Rolex Blues :):D

ebzen02

guess you have to buy more Panerai's!!!

ROFL @ Andy!! That is classic!!

trout

I've been wondering: couldn't the recipient of one of these letters claim they purchased a replica as a prop for a movie or something like that? Or would that not amount to anything for Rolex & customs?

prestigewatchco
I've been wondering: couldn't the recipient of one of these letters claim they purchased a replica as a prop for a movie or something like that? Or would that not amount to anything for Rolex & customs?

No would get you in more trouble admitting knowingly buying an illegal copy

Best defense is I didn't know I was getting a parcel.

Thats why it' better not to pay with Credit card or online if they decide to make an issue of it they have a paper trail to follow

10:10 Watch Repair

Yeah, that's a good idea.

BTW, I just imported a kilo of coke as a prop too.

prestigewatchco

Yes CLS I don't know what it is but people seem unable to grasp that buying a rep watch is not legal anywhere on earth.

Fact in most places they turn a blind eye is not to be mistaken for it being legal.

I will never understand why people would want to put themselves in the frame by trying to adapt normal buying criteria to buying an illegal item.

A sensible person would want to be as far removed as possible from the transaction.

Credit cards and paypal accounts in your name used for payments are an easy paper trail back to you if the authorities ever decided to follow up you would be hung out to dry with all the details so easily available to them

MikeMcNair
Damn i ordered the Explorer II from TS customs seized it and i got post from rolex to destroy the Watch :-( now i am on the List! Fuck

Order watches through me dude, I get then cleared (aside from this paypal bullshit)

It comes to me, I ship to you, NEVER had an issue!!!!