Sign in to follow this  
Buds

New member looking for recommendations

Buds

Hi all

I've just joined the boards today after having been researching reps for a little while now (great site btw). I was certainly interested to read that the 'Swiss made AAA reps' are a load of tosh.

Basically I've browsed the trusted seller sites and I'm in a bit of a whirl and hoping for a guiding hand. I would like a 'super rep' if possible of an Omega PO or Breitling Navitimer. Would anyone like to provide a recommendation or an alternative rep to the UK.

Anyways, thanks for reading and any help you may be able to offer.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. Be sure to read the newbie link in my signature :picard:

tyrantblade
Hi all

I've just joined the boards today after having been researching reps for a little while now (great site btw). I was certainly interested to read that the 'Swiss made AAA reps' are a load of tosh.

Basically I've browsed the trusted seller sites and I'm in a bit of a whirl and hoping for a guiding hand. I would like a 'super rep' if possible of an Omega PO or Breitling Navitimer. Would anyone like to provide a recommendation or an alternative rep to the UK.

Anyways, thanks for reading and any help you may be able to offer.

as far as a planet ocean goes, i got a 45.5mm from mary (watch-international). only things that could have been better were the seconds tip looked like the color had faded a bit, pearl could be been positioned better, and the lume was quite weak. but you could have those little things fixed if they really bugged you.

Dartsbrawl

From one newbie to another; welcome,the natives are mostly benign,though I wouldn't recommend this place to those overly sensitive and easily startled! :rofl:

I just did the same thing,scouring the trusted dealers listige,and reading reviews and feedback until my eyes were bleeding.. Looks to be quite a few decent PO's on the market,but I'm sure somebody better educated will come along,and point you in the right direction.

Good luck,and happy hunting!

Dartsbrawl

And,yeah.. What dingleberry said.Don't skip the newbie link,this is stuff you need to know,and it will bring you a lot closer to securing that (nearly!) perfect PO.

Del

Hello and welcome! :rofl:

You won't get an Omega PO or Breitling Navitimer "super rep" as such but there are some very nice models out there nonetheless. :bugeyes:

Best to keep browsing and reading and then you will start to understand what is available, and what each of our Trusted Dealers can offer.

Once you narrow things down a bit then start a new thread and ask for opinions.

Happy hunting!

Buds

Thanks all for the welcome and the 'new member' reading. I had actually browsed a few already :)

The reason I thought a 'super rep' PO was available was i had stumbled upon the 'super rep' thread. Interesting reading!

What I do know is I would like Swiss ETA (or Asian ETA copy) and as tidy a rep as I can get with the option of putting it in for a few mods for to make it more gen if required. What factories are currently hot? I keep seeing different ones throughout threads.

Well if anyone pops back in for further advice, my advance thanks. Other than that I'll just be browsing / learning :)

robznet

No advice to give you apart from what's already been said, but welcome to the forum, good to have you here! :)

myaz
What I do know is I would like Swiss ETA (or Asian ETA copy) and as tidy a rep as I can get with the option of putting it in for a few mods for to make it more gen if required. What factories are currently hot? I keep seeing different ones throughout threads.

For the most part, factories sell to dealers who all have equal access. So don't rate it by factory. Rather, find a dealer you are comfortable with and then if the model you want has more than 1 movement available, you get to pick.

Member X

If you have cash to burn, you can 'franken' a PO rep with gen dial, hands, bezel and even movement, but that will cost $$$$ and you might as well buy a gen if you're spending that much! lol