Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

whats the verdict on BK's offerings vs other rolex reps from our other TD's?

bklm1234

@MikeMcNair's Watch Repair: was on vacation but did reply after my vacation didn't I?

pollux1

I'd put my neck on the line and vouch for BK, NEVER once has he not done what he was meant to. Let me put it this way, BK dot's the I's and crosses the T's.

RS9
I'd put my neck on the line and vouch for BK, NEVER once has he not done what he was meant to. Let me put it this way, BK dot's the I's and crosses the T's.

Agreed. I think it comes down to what each individual wants out of their rep. It's unfair to say it's not worth it (yes, I've said it and I retract that statement) but it's a matter of personal preference.

I'm happy wearing a Noob Sub but Bk does do good work which to some, adds value.

10:10 Watch Repair

I have some datewheels that worked pretty well.

BigBuys

Well, if I can move some of the watch burden of recent purchases, I will participate in BK's fasination with perfection.

myaz

My first rep was a blue smurfer from BK. It started with a couple of swirls of the wrist and has run flawlessly. He was very patient with a couple of very stupid noob questions I had :) . That is more than I can say for several other reps I have gotten elsewhere. No issues with any TD here and I love it here but I've had to deal with a DOA and a couple that act as if there's molasses in the movement. As a matter of fact, Mike McNair is fixing those for me as we speak. That wouldn't happen with BK. Is that worth the extra money? you decide.

Bibicu

After readining on this forum about 2 months, i decided to go for a DSSD from BK...it was the best decision i've made for my first rep watch. Probably if i went with a TD and got a watch with flaws...i would not buy anymore reps now....witch would be good for my pocket :)

BK is a great guy and i had very good comunication with him...but most of all he inspires trust.

I highly recomend him for the quality of the products and ppl skils!

Bibi

chinabee
The negatives are so unfair. For example I mod and sell the same noobfactory sub-c with ETA for $380 shipped (within the US) while Trusty sells it for ~$325 shipped. The difference of only $55, you get my custom DWO, my custom crystal gasket, crystal reinstalled with the cyclop lined up to the date window while I replaced the crystal gasket. I also make sure the crystal is pressed in as much as I can while making sure the crystal doesn't get below the insert. I also line up the 12 o'clock dial marker to the engraved coronet on the rehaut and make sure every pearl is shiny which can be dull and scratched straight from the factory, etc., etc.

I do all these for aesthetics and functional reasons. You guys don't know how many crystals will pop with just a slight push from behind by fingers. I haven't put in my offering, I also pop every insert and re-attach it because most inserts come overly recessed in the bezel bay. It's either the bezel bay is cut too deep or the insert gets too thin. It's just an awful, improper look. I have to use 2 layers of double-sided tape to raise the insert to a proper recess in the bezel bay. But with raising the insert, the crystal top surface can get below the insert. That's one of the reasons I custom made my crystal gaskets. I made 3 kinds, UPE, HYTREL, and ZYTEL. They are much better and easier to work with. They don't hair out when squeezed like the stock gasket. Most importantly, I don't have to press the crystal as deep into the rehaut to get water resistance which allows me get the crystal top surface to be above the insert.

I don't just source a watch and turn around to sell it. I put a lot of work into each watch. Is it not fair for me to charge extra which is not that much given what I do? I always package a lot of value into my watches. I don't need everybody to buy from me. Some people just don't need or care about my value adds. But I really fix up each watch and push it up to another level while not charging too much extra.

bk

I am going to buy a sub from you just because you wrote this, BK. :-)

rld14

BK's stuff is what got me over here.

Someone showed me a Submariner recently and I thought it was a nice clean Submariner, you know, I see them pretty frequently like anyone does so I didn't think too much of it. Then he told me to look closely...

Now, I own 3 real Rolexes, and have owned well over a dozen.. 2 Day Dates, 2 Submariners, a few Datejusts, 3 real Daytonas that I basically flipped, etc. And I haven't ever been fooled by a replica, until now. There's always something "off"; they feel light, the date is wrong, the date magnification, the engraving next to the dial doesn't look right or doesn't line up right, little things, but even the "good" replicaas that guys try to sell in the dealership where I work always look fake.

Until I saw this thing. I couldn't believe when he told me it was a fake Rolex, I thought he was pulling my leg.. I wore a Submariner for a year straight and damn if this thing wasn't just spot on. Now, will a hard core watch geek be able to tell? Possibly, but I work with another Rolex nut and he was just blown away.

So I ordered one of his $660 ultimate reps the other day, I'll wait till it ships and I get it in my grubby little mitts, but the truth is, if it's 80% the watch that I saw, I'll be amazed.

pollux1

Sometimes, just sometimes we get a bargain, but as with most things in life you get what you pay for, BK is a wee bit more expensive but if you value the added work done it can work out a LOT cheaper than buying then modding yourself through others.

dfer
Sometimes, just sometimes we get a bargain, but as with most things in life you get what you pay for, BK is a wee bit more expensive but if you value the added work done it can work out a LOT cheaper than buying then modding yourself through others.

I agree , for my 2 cents worth I just reckon you get what you pay for in this world . I looked at the full range of subs and, after some good advice from Member X and others, found BK.

There seem to be a lot of good reps out there and many are happy with them but, if you want to go that extra mile to get a "better" rep, then BK's the man as far as I can see. I have put my money where my mouth is and ordered a TW best 16610 from him and now have to sit back and wait for delivery.

Only you can decide if the extra bucks are worth it to you but , from all my research, you are buying the best sub available. It's the same question with the original, is it worth another $5k ?

Dfer

Patron Saint of Heartache

Seriously guys, BK is nothing but a gentleman and a stand-up guy. If u buy from him, u can sleep easy and rest assured that he provides a warranty for his watches!

Tempus

My 2 cents worth is simply this...If we don't appreciate what BK does and buy cheaper elsewhere, (and lets face it we want a piece as close to a gen as poss!) how would we feel if BK wasn't around to offer this brilliant service? I've read the posts where ultimate this 'n that are offered (so there is a market) we want the best...closest to gen...products Therefore we all have an obligation to consider spending $55 bucks extra and purchasing from BK......................