Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Guangzhou watch market.

Balad1

I buy tickets from my agent, usually it's $850-$1000 for round trip. Depend on the time of the year. Hotels there are quite cheap, you can find very nice hotel for $50-$60 a night. Food is cheap. So, 3 days usually cost $1500, plus cost of the watches...

:D

I am NOT sharing a $50 hotel room with Ted.

FuckYeah-1.jpg

Could be worse, my name could be Jeff, lol

I'm just hoping you have a different outfit, and maybe less artillery. Don't make me bring Tits along for protection. (that doesn't sound right does it?)

No worries, I'm civilized now...

Balad1

PS; I've got dibs on sharing a room with RORO...

learn2beabum

Luthier - Thanks for posting this interesting read for us noobs even though it is from 2008. Super informative!

Thanks again for all the details.

Luthier

You're very welcome, bro.

I go to China every 3-4 months, have business there, so, I'm quite often at Watch Market. Nice place!!!

sam77

I buy tickets from my agent, usually it's $850-$1000 for round trip. Depend on the time of the year. Hotels there are quite cheap, you can find very nice hotel for $50-$60 a night. Food is cheap. So, 3 days usually cost $1500, plus cost of the watches...

I am NOT sharing a $50 hotel room with Ted.

FuckYeah-1.jpg

Could be worse, my name could be Jeff, lol

I'm just hoping you have a different outfit, and maybe less artillery. Don't make me bring Tits along for protection. (that doesn't sound right does it?)

No worries, I'm civilized now...

:lmao:

You're very welcome, bro.

I go to China every 3-4 months, have business there, so, I'm quite often at Watch Market. Nice place!!!

wow........... am jealous Luth

Luthier

Sam, I also lived in Shanghai for 2 years, so, sometimes I envy myself.

Krispee

cool thread, nice to see where everything comes from, if you know what i mean.....

Kris

HeavyKrush

Argh... Now another fucking thing to lust after... A watch trip to china... Thanks Luth.

If you guys are serious about pulling this off, I could likely swing it after October.

How do you get back through customers carrying so many watches?

Luthier

It never was a problem, HK. I, usually, bring 5-8 watches from almost every trip, nobody ever checked my baggage. Once I brought 12, and they opened my suitcase, looked on watches, and didn't say a word.

wolfwood

Is this in Shanghai? I'll be in Beijin and Shanghai around Oct. Is this easy to find? Thanks.

Oops, just re-read the first page and it's no where near there.

Edited by wolfwood

Luthier

No, Watch Market is in Guangzhou.

dalboy

George,

I know that you are friendly with Mary, and that your familliar with a lot of the factories out there, how did you manage to get in to photograph.............personal friend or what..

Very intrigued

Dal..

Luthier

No restriction on photography there.

ioulove2

Very interesting read. When you go back each time to the watch market, I would be interested in knowing what changes you see. An example would be what new brands are being listed, prices changes and quality of the watches.

Luthier

You'll not find top class reps there, I mean with ETA, A7750 or clones. Most of the replicas there - 21j, 23j, modified with complications, or quartz.

Place for tourists. But quality is very good.