Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Guangzhou watch market.

greg_r

lol - I'm a nobody.

I was a theatrical, session & jazz musician for a while up until about 25 years ago. Mostly, I made a living as an arranger and orchestrator for stage musicals/variety shows, but I also played piano or percussion when I could get the work. Worked with a few well-known names here and there, though.

Back when I side-stepped into audio electronics in the eighties, we sold some very expensive audio to some seriously famous people including royalty, a former British Prime Minister and quite a few major sports and music celebs. Since then, being a senior officer of a charity, I run into quite a few celebs still as there's quite a few who support and fund-raise for us. The area where I live is home to quite a few names you'd recognise - one in particular drinks in the same pub I do and we've gotten involved in a couple of local fundraisers together.

I don't believe in name dropping, and I don't like being flash, which is why I've not mentioned this before, but NO, I AM NOT GEORGE MICHAEL!!!! :rolleyes:

JohnG

So YOU are Kenny G!!!!! I knew he was here somewhere...

greg_r

No, I don't play the sax either.

Mind you, neither does Kenny G...... :rolleyes:

AllergyDoc

I saw Kenny G when he opened for George what's-his-face, the black jazz guitarist. Damn, I can't remember his name...

I wasn't allowed to eat breakfast until I practiced the piano… If that isn't child abuse, I don't know what is.

greg_r
I saw Kenny G when he opened for George what's-his-face, the black jazz guitarist. Damn, I can't remember his name...

Benson?

I wasn't allowed to eat breakfast until I practiced the piano… If that isn't child abuse, I don't know what is.

:rolleyes:

I actually enjoyed learning to play the piano (along with several other instruments - piano and percussion were the only ones I took far enough to play professionally, however). The ONLY instrument I hated trying to learn was the violin - they sound wonderful at a distance, but pressed right up against your ear it's painful. I just couldn't stand the noise... That's what I call child abuse :lol:

trailboss99
So YOU are Kenny G!!!!! I knew he was here somewhere...

:notworthy::wub:;) ;)

AllergyDoc

Benson?

Yes! At some outdoor amphitheater in Mountain View. Now George B would open for Kenny G.

iabounty
Also, don't forget that we tracked you down and brought you over to the Bin at RWG.cc If we didn't like you we wouldn't have done that. None of us are not perfect, my least of all. But we have to learn to take criticism and be able to laugh at ourselves. If you didn't get so tense and defensive when people poke fun at you, you would get along better. But regardless, you contribute a lot to the board - your watch market thread is among the most interesting ever posted about actual watches.

And remember also, that if everyone on this board liked each other, it would be a really fucking boring place. IABounty, and his butt-buddy Demsey would LOVE to see me kicked out, but they can't get rid of me and I love to flaunt that in their faces. It makes cold nights in my cave more interesting.

Hey now........ You mention my name I speak up pronto......... What gives you the idea I don't like you and why would you think Demsey and I are buddies..... I am not a pilot......... This place is great if you can use it in the manner it was intended to be used........... Fuck em if they can't take a joke.......... A "Speak Easy" so to speak...... I hate NO ONE ON THIS FORUM. I am here for relaxation and watch talk........... Luthier I appologise for my rube behavior, but man......... Enough with the bragging bro.........

alphakazi
Luthier I appologise for my rube behavior

well that's an original word in these parts - at 1st, I thought you misspelled *rude* - you learn something everyday

beer? beer2.jpg

alphakazi

so IA scared off Luth and John showed dems the door?

these are the wastelands people

trailboss99

At this rate they will be.

JohnG
Also, don't forget that we tracked you down and brought you over to the Bin at RWG.cc If we didn't like you we wouldn't have done that. None of us are not perfect, my least of all. But we have to learn to take criticism and be able to laugh at ourselves. If you didn't get so tense and defensive when people poke fun at you, you would get along better. But regardless, you contribute a lot to the board - your watch market thread is among the most interesting ever posted about actual watches.

And remember also, that if everyone on this board liked each other, it would be a really fucking boring place. IABounty, and his butt-buddy Demsey would LOVE to see me kicked out, but they can't get rid of me and I love to flaunt that in their faces. It makes cold nights in my cave more interesting.

Hey now........ You mention my name I speak up pronto......... What gives you the idea I don't like you and why would you think Demsey and I are buddies..... I am not a pilot......... This place is great if you can use it in the manner it was intended to be used........... Fuck em if they can't take a joke.......... A "Speak Easy" so to speak...... I hate NO ONE ON THIS FORUM. I am here for relaxation and watch talk........... Luthier I appologise for my rube behavior, but man......... Enough with the bragging bro.........

Just checking to see if you were paying attention!

:lol:

iabounty
so IA scared off Luth and John showed dems the door?

I hope they both come back and just give me hell if thats what they need to do...... This is the internet after all....... :lol:

JohnG

Maybe if Onze offers to have shoutbox sex with them...

onzenuub
Maybe if Onze offers to have shoutbox sex with them...

I offer nooooooooothing

JohnG
thumb_AdultGif0002195.gif

iabounty

Your post failed John........ I see no pic. on my 1973 1/2 IBM Think Pad...........

JohnG

Your post failed John........ I see no pic. on my 1973 1/2 IBM Think Pad...........

too bad - it is of a cute little kitty cat.

iabounty

too bad - it is of a cute little kitty cat.

:wacko::popcorn::huh: :o :o :o Now I CAN see the pic.......... No pussy cat......You lied to me........... :(

Balad1

New Members!

Thanks to member #9 you can see where your reps come from.

Thanks,

Luthier

PS: This is an older thread but very interesting.

Fastrack

Interesting. Thx for bringing this one back to life :)

vexorg

wow, over 3 years dead, but thank you! i'm curious how my reps get to me...

Balad1

The thanks go to Luthier who has traveled there and been in the market more than once.

YoungGPS

Were they affected with the latest crackdown that China recently inforced against replicas?

Balad1

Luthier would know, he's got sources in the heartland...