Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Guangzhou watch market.

Miracle

Thats some kool shit luth

Balad1

Actually Luthier has an even better thread with more photos but I can't find it.

He's the man, been there, done that and has the t-shirt...

Miracle

WOWZERS

Leigh
:crybaby: I wanna go!!!!!

lapinobel

The worst thing about reading this is that I was in China myself about 3 months ago, didn't know about good reps at the time, and I've been where this shop is about 3 times without even going inside. Aarg :)

Luthier

:picard:

2008... Gosh, guys...

But, at least, you know, how Mary came to the Forum.

:D :P

Balad1

Luthier, your more current 2010 thread is missing most of the pics because of those fucks at PhotoBucket.

Or else I'd have posted that thread.

Luthier

Fucking Photobucket...

James.

interesting read. The original topic and the tangent

Luthier

OK, 2010 Watch Market thread restored.

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

Yes great pics,

It would be interesting to make a group, and organize a trip there, If we are at least 20 people, we could get good prices for a fly+hotels package

I'd love to go... Count me in!

Luthier

I'm all for it. Fun guaranteed!!!

Seriously... we now have so many new members, who buy watches non-stop, mean they are ABLE to pull out the trip to Guangzhou.

Maybe, we really have to think about it? I bet here's at least 10-20 people, who can go, but shy, because they never been in China before.

Discuss?

J0n79

Interesting...:)

10:10 Watch Repair

I'm going if Baldrick and Luthier are going.

Balad1

I'm all for it. Fun guaranteed!!!

Seriously... we now have so many new members, who buy watches non-stop, mean they are ABLE to pull out the trip to Guangzhou.

Maybe, we really have to think about it? I bet here's at least 10-20 people, who can go, but shy, because they never been in China before.

Discuss?

I wonder what the cost would be from CA, for the trip as a whole? Looking at time and budget.

about $1200 for airfare. Already checked...

Luthier

I buy tickets from my agent, usually it's $850-$1000 for round trip. Depend on the time of the year. Hotels there are quite cheap, you can find very nice hotel for $50-$60 a night. Food is cheap. So, 3 days usually cost $1500, plus cost of the watches...

:D

Balad1

I buy tickets from my agent, usually it's $850-$1000 for round trip. Depend on the time of the year. Hotels there are quite cheap, you can find very nice hotel for $50-$60 a night. Food is cheap. So, 3 days usually cost $1500, plus cost of the watches...

That sounds reasonable if I can work it in my schedule, I'm interested.

For me it would have to be after September, when my son gets married on the East coast.

I am NOT sharing a $50 hotel room with Ted.

FuckYeah-1.jpg

Balad1

FuckYeah-1.jpg

Could be worse, my name could be Jeff, lol

James.

so.... total trip will cost about $4k then? ;)

Brilliant idea for the gtg, albeit a bit retro (2008) I'll be in that area of asia next week (philippines) and again in september and November. If the dates line up, I might have to make a detour. If it were to be during November, I'd make it a mission to be there.

FuckYeah-1.jpg

Could be worse, my name could be Jeff, lol

I'm just hoping you have a different outfit, and maybe less artillery. Don't make me bring Tits along for protection. (that doesn't sound right does it?)

UmpaHimself

Oh man what a cool story Luth. So you and Mary go way back. I would seriously love to meet up with you guys in China. They wouldn't know what hit em. I'm sure after a few days our group would be notorious amongst the dealers there. If I had the money to blow I would definitely go.

Balad1

so.... total trip will cost about $4k then? ;)

Brilliant idea for the gtg, albeit a bit retro (2008) I'll be in that area of asia next week (philippines) and again in september and November. If the dates line up, I might have to make a detour. If it were to be during November, I'd make it a mission to be there.

November would probably work for me too.