• Breitling Avenger Seawolf (dark dial)
    • AP ROO Diver
    • Panerai 351
    • Rolex Submariner (ONLY black)
    • Omega SMP 300 (blue/black)
    • Cartier Santos XL
    • Rolex DSSD
  3. 3. Chronos I like

• Breitling Super Avenger Chrono (dark dial)
    • Rolex Vintage Daytona 6263
    • TAG Heuer Formula1 quartz
  4. 4. Any other suggestions?

• No, you have great taste ;)
    • Hell yeah, your taste is awful!
    • Well, maybe this fits your collection...

powderfreak

Hey folks,

recently I sold and gave away some of my watches and I feel that my box should be filled up with a new rep soon. My collection contains (besides some other gen cheapies): The RLX GMT IIc, Omega PO relumed, Omega SMP Chrono black, Omega SM vintage, Breitling SOH Chrono brown/chopper (plus a Hublot BB RG that is somewhere in Thailand/lost/at Robert?)

As you can see, Omega is probably my favourite brand, I wouldn't mind to get something else. Other than that I am not too anal, accuracy is not as important as the overall quality of the watch. I will happily accept flaws, if the watch feels good.

Now I really don't know what I should go for - I really like every watch that I have listed in the poll, but I cannot afford to buy more than one this year. What do I think about the watches?

- The Seawolf is my favourite but hard to come by (at least the really good ones are out of production afaik).

- The AP diver seems to be of very good quality but I have never seen one in the flesh...

- The Pam 351, well, dunno what to say about it really - never had a Pam and never liked them in person, but that one looks so good on pictures...

- The vintage 'tona is a damn sexy piece, but I suppose it's too small - that's why I would probably prefere a Breitling as Chrono.

- All others are either good-looking or seem to be of decent quality.

If you have anything to tell me about one of them (or have others that I should consider), please tell me :D Here is your chance to have a real influence on what I am buying ;)

jeffw69

That Pam 351 is pretty sexy.

I have an AP Diver, not my favorite at the moment.

I also have DSSD, I like it very much, it's my daily watch.

I agree that the Daytona is a bit small.

powderfreak

Thanks for the reply! Why don't you like the diver so much? Many people praise it to the skies...

I have heard that the DSSD is not very comfy because of the narrow bracelet. Then again it is the first alternative to the Sub, which could be too small.

Need to think about that 351... hmmm.

greg_r

Buy the Santos XL non-chrono. Feels like gen and possibly the best watch I own - VERY few other reps of that kinda quality currently available.

powderfreak
Buy the Santos XL non-chrono. Feels like gen and possibly the best watch I own - VERY few other reps of that kinda quality currently available.

I thought long and hard about it - certainly wasn't love sight at first sight but everyone who owns it praises it's build quality. Moreover it would be good to have something other than the "regluar" dark-faced, round watch... and it's quite big.

A downside would be the price, it's more expensive than most of the others, isn't it?

As far as chronos go, have you considered a Daylight from PAM? http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=6794

Yeah, I got a 250 for my dad and first loved it - now I am very sure that the chrono-Pams don't do it for me. In fact the 351 is only on the list because the colour is so damn sexy - the shape/case/design (esp. the small seconds hand) alone did never convince me.

trailboss99

Yeah, the Santos fo shizzle.

Normally I'd say the SMP as well but the current ones are shit.

powderfreak
Yeah, the Santos fo shizzle.

Normally I'd say the SMP as well but the current ones are shit.

That's why I got the chrono ;) I had a cheapy first that I gave a way to my bro, but no dencent SMP around :D

But hey, the chrono is really nice as well (and pretty close to the gen)!!!

greg_r

I thought long and hard about it - certainly wasn't love sight at first sight but everyone who owns it praises it's build quality. Moreover it would be good to have something other than the "regluar" dark-faced, round watch... and it's quite big.

A downside would be the price, it's more expensive than most of the others, isn't it?

Yes, it's a tad more than some. I paid about $360 for mine - but given that it's a Sellita movement, I didn't think that was too bad really. Superb watch though - even the strap is good. I've tried the gen and it's really only the deployant clasp that gives the game away (and even that isn't bad, it's just not quite as smooth in operation as the gen).

It wears big for a 38mm watch (simply because of being square), but not enormous. Makes a damned good dress watch, but works with casual wear too. If it wasn't for my Panerai addiction I could probably wear it every day :D

powderfreak
It wears big for a 38mm watch (simply because of being square), but not enormous. Makes a damned good dress watch, but works with casual wear too. If it wasn't for my Panerai addiction I could probably wear it every day :D

That tells us a lot, mate ;)

I won't decide it today, but the Santos is going up on the list...

gtwc

I have the AP ROO diver (with the premium Selitta SW200 engine) and it is a current 'daily beater' along with Robert's Porsche Diver P-6780. Super quality watch.

Go for a Pam.

The basic, most basic Pam176 (A-6497) a la Del (check out his review on the Pam section)

or the Pam177N (as above but with secs @9).

Both gorgeous and will lead to a wallet emptying Pam obsession.....

Good luck.

Luthier

PAM288. The most elegant PAM.

powderfreak

Thanks for the suggestions, but please stay on topic :facepalm: The only Pam I would consider is the 351, nothing else with the name Panerai on it :D

Gazillionaire

Buy a Dssd Powder. Not only is it a fantastic Rep of the Gen but you can also take solace in knowing that someone who you respect, admire and come on let's be truthful here hero worship also wears one. Job Done B)

Rav747

Breitling Super Avenger Chrono (dark dial)- are you referring to the battons version?

Doc's watch

4511925601_41c4227d7e_o.jpg

if so, HELL YA!!

mianos

Santos 100. I have a few reps and there is nothing like it. Amazing quality. So heavy and such a presence.

gmchris

A bit off the list, but a Tag Monza maybe? Got a nice chrono look about it- especially with black/white face, or can look quite 'classy' in cream/ brown strap, and i like the way its square-yet-round, a bit of everything but a bit different to your usual chrono/diver stuff eh? Seen some reps of this out there.

Tag-Heuer-Monza-2011_630_1.jpg

powderfreak

Thanks, some (really) good suggestions! I think that thread didn't make it easier, but my wishlist is longer now :D

Well, a DSSD - truth to be told, the silver ring with "blabla valve" still keeps me from ordering it right away. If it were only a bigger Sub, I'd already have one.

Breitling: I like both the battons and the numbers version, maybe the battons one is closer because it has less lume and you don't see the lack of glowing power right away... but the numbers version is sexy, too!

Tag Monza? Hm, not so much of a TAG fan, I would maybe consider a regular Carrera Date with black dial and bezel.

Thanks again for the suggestions and votes, keep em coming :)

Dendo

For me either Avenger or the DSSD.

RS9

Fucking hell, that link to the timing thread is actually your sig. I kept thinking "why's he being an asshole and posting that thread everywhere" :rofl:

Edited by RS9

powderfreak

Fucking hell, that link to the timing thread is actually your sig. I kept thinking "why's he being an asshole and posting that thread everywhere" :rofl:

:lol:

BTW: Update - still no final decision, but that's cause I lack the money atm... damn christmas presents!

The Pam 351 is leading now, Cartier is second.... :)

DeLaForce

Avenger v3 One of the best plus it's relatively inexpensive

jeffw69

351, if you don't like it, then u can sell to me :wink:

powderfreak

Sounds good to me, I will add 100$ for reshipping through German customs ;)

Edit: Seriously, I think that I could sell it without a huge loss, so that's why I feel okay with my first Pam order (as soon as I have the funds ready :Whistle:)

jeffw69

Sounds good to me, I will add 100$ for reshipping through German customs ;)

B) :rofl: