Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai PAM 382

greg_r

Coming from sead:

PAM382

COMING SOON FROM KV, ACTUALLY ABOUT 10 DAYS SHOULD BE OUT

DONT HAVE PICS YET, BUT MADE FROM THE GEN AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE ABLE TO SHOOT SOME PICS NEXT TO GEN

IN ABOUT A WEEK OR SO

PRICE ITS NOT CONFIRMED YET

BUT I THINK WILL BE GREAT

BUT CONSIDERING HIS LATEST WATCHES I THINK THIS WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT ONE

Makes me wonder should I wait.

I do have a feeling that the ZF fac will be better but the KV one will be cheaper

Given KV's (i.e. Kuvarsit - a trusted dealer here) superb track record on PAMs, I suspect it will be the other way around. We shall see.

baxter

Hmmm ...... wonders if too hasty .............. i think they'll both be good though ..... ZF certainly has produced some nice pieces recently and we all know what KV is capable of ...... interesting times :)

BadPickle

gotta stop reading this thread!! :lol:

I was gonna wait..............

Help!!

:titanic:

baxter

gotta stop reading this thread!! :lol:

I was gonna wait..............

Help!!

:titanic:

The force is strong PB ..................... Join us :lol:

ATEspo

Damn it, I ordered and paid for my ZF 382 but I prefer Kuvarsit watches although the only ZF watch I had was a 389 and it was FANTASTIC! I never had the chance to compare both ZF and Kuvarsit in hand together.

I specifically PM'd Kuvarsit about it the other day, asking if they had a time frame when they would release their 382 and the response I received was "KW pam382 coming soon but really I don't know exactly date", that was at the end of last week. And then a day later Sead comes out and says KW will release a 382 within 10 days, and photos will come soon. :angry:

Now we cannot tell who is going to have the superior 382 until they are released and someone gets both to do a proper comparison, we cannot compare them with the supplied photos from the TD's. KW Always takes better photos of their products which make them look superior but like I said, until we get hands on we are not going to know for sure.

Edited by ATEspo

JohnPilot

Ordered a 382 from PT, no doubt it will be perfect, like 389 or AP FC.

But the waiting game will take some time yet :D

gB.

Wait, these ZF 382's are brass and not bronze?

nobody said they were brass.

GB said they would probably be brass, old cynic that he is :D .............. i'm going on what has been said by Angus that these are indeed bronze and judging by my latest acquisitions from ZF which have all been excellent on the whole .... i'm giving 'em the benefit of the doubt ... pays your money takes your choice !!

I think with the amount of hype this one has had and the price there will be uproar if they turn out to be brass when delivered ...... and you just know that someone will be checking

Indeed I am as I have been in the bronze watch game for a couple years now, owning several micro brands from Magrette/River brass to Olivier aluminum bronze to proper CuSn8 bronze (same type of alloy that the gen 382 is made from) from Helson/Armida/Steinhart. For <$500 I highly doubt the rep 382 is going to be true CuSn8 bronze alloy metal. Worse case is brass alloy like you see elsewhere coming from Asia like with River and Athaya offerings, best case the 382 is some cheap who-knows-what-bronze alloy. The only way to tell for sure is to have the metal alloy professionally tested. Angus doesn't know shit other than what the factory tells him, and in that case of course this is 1:1 gen true bronze metal alloy made with gen as sample. :rofl:

But like you stated, you pays your money and takes your choice. :B):

Conex

Great review Greg. Thank you.

c888

hmm so the KV and ZF versions could be using different mixture of bronze alloy resulting in different ways they patina?

baxter

GB said they would probably be brass, old cynic that he is :D .............. i'm going on what has been said by Angus that these are indeed bronze and judging by my latest acquisitions from ZF which have all been excellent on the whole .... i'm giving 'em the benefit of the doubt ... pays your money takes your choice !!

I think with the amount of hype this one has had and the price there will be uproar if they turn out to be brass when delivered ...... and you just know that someone will be checking

Indeed I am as I have been in the bronze watch game for a couple years now, owning several micro brands from Magrette/River brass to Olivier aluminum bronze to proper CuSn8 bronze (same type of alloy that the gen 382 is made from) from Helson/Armida/Steinhart. For <$500 I highly doubt the rep 382 is going to be true CuSn8 bronze alloy metal. Worse case is brass alloy like you see elsewhere coming from Asia like with River and Athaya offerings, best case the 382 is some cheap who-knows-what-bronze alloy. The only way to tell for sure is to have the metal alloy professionally tested. Angus doesn't know shit other than what the factory tells him, and in that case of course this is 1:1 gen true bronze metal alloy made with gen as sample. :rofl:

yeah this is the only area of my life where i seem to be an early adopter ..... and i'm probably still a bit green behind the ears in the rep game

.............................. but damn it GB i want to believe !! :lol:

black263

yeah this is the only area of my life where i seem to be an early adopter ..... and i'm probably still a bit green behind the ears in the rep game

.............................. but damn it GB i want to believe !! :lol:

Been wearing copper ear rings?

baxter

not since the 80's when i did actually sick a compass and a shirt pin through my ear ... neither ended well and my mother and father speculated that i might be someone elses :lol:

baxter

video up on puretimes' site ..................................... looks sweet :)

LeandroBR

video up on puretimes' site ..................................... looks sweet :)

Holy crap ! Even the strap looks spot on !

mysterio

Holy crap ! Even the strap looks spot on !

And if you were able to check the first video where the lever wasn't touching the crown (the stem was broken so it was removed, you can see from the video that they don't touch the crown), this updated video shows the rollerball touching the crown and the time and date adjust using the crown is demonstrated.

baxter

they've arrived with Angus :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :nana: :nana: :nana: :woo: :woo: :woo: pics up on the 382 thread in the PT section ................... they look very nice .... excited !!!

gB.

they've arrived with Angus :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :nana: :nana: :nana: :woo: :woo: :woo: pics up on the 382 thread in the PT section ................... they look very nice .... excited !!!

I already got my QC pics. :D

baxter

they've arrived with Angus :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy::nana: :nana: :nana::woo: :woo: :woo: pics up on the 382 thread in the PT section ................... they look very nice .... excited !!!

just ok'd mine :D

gB.

they've arrived with Angus :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy::nana: :nana: :nana::woo: :woo: :woo: pics up on the 382 thread in the PT section ................... they look very nice .... excited !!!

just ok'd mine :D

I already got shipping confirmation and tracking info. :D

JohnPilot

Bah, got QC pics today.

The watch does not look like the one on PTs webpage.

It looks full of scratches and artificial aging. I prefer age myself.

How are your QC pics?

baxter

Bah, got QC pics today.

How are your QC pics?

Mine also looks like the patina is already well under way JP ...... seems like they are all a bit different as some peoples' QC pics seem pretty clean and more even.

I'm happy with mine though, i think this a watch which is ALL about the finish and you are going to have to hold in your hands to know what you really think of it :)

382_zpsc40d5c81.jpg

ATEspo

Got my QC and I approved. Now is the hardest part, WAITING for delivery!

IMG_0065_zpsa278fe32.jpg

Edited by ATEspo

JohnPilot

Bah, got QC pics today.

How are your QC pics?

Mine also looks like the patina is already well under way JP ...... seems like they are all a bit different as some peoples' QC pics seem pretty clean and more even.

I'm happy with mine though, i think this a watch which is ALL about the finish and you are going to have to hold in your hands to know what you really think of it :)

382_zpsc40d5c81.jpg

Thanks Jezz, could you please post or PM me a pic from left side of case :D

baxter

Bah, got QC pics today.

How are your QC pics?

382_zpsc40d5c81.jpg

Thanks Jezz, could you please post or PM me a pic from left side of case :D

Here you go JP :)

3821_zps74e91508.jpg

c888

Looking good. I really want the 382, I live by the bay and I know this thing would patina quickly and have that cool look.

Didn't know if to order the ZF or wait for the KW. But the ZF is looking really nice. I guess will have to wait now and see who's version is more accurate in build and material used.

The CG shape of the ZF one looks different then gen, are there different versions of the gen?

the corners on the CG look like they are shaped a bit more rounded on the ZF vs gen which has a flat taper in. on the KW test pics, the CG looked like to have the flat taper.

PAM2014032101-05_enl.JPG

Gen:

panerai-pam382-crown-guard.jpg

Panerai+Bronzo+PAM382+patina+six+months.jpg

KW:

1588614334_zps966080ed.jpg