Sign in to follow this  
Del

PAM 292M - a pictorial review!

Del

I'm off work today so it gave me the opportunity to take a few pics of my PAM 292M! :P

Quick recap - bought it from Perfect Clones, A6497 handwind, ceramic case, superlumed sandwich dial, 26/26mm "worn look" strap with PVD buckle. Everything seems to be good so far - no problem with the strap/lug bars or screws, and the movement is working normally. :)

It doesn't feel particularly big on the wrist, and the strap is very soft and comfortable. Overall "feel" is of high quality.

And so to the pics - hope you enjoy! :)

pb247738v2.jpg

pb247722v2.jpg

pb247725v2.jpg

pb247729v2.jpg

pb247730v2.jpg

pb247731v2.jpg

pb247732v2.jpg

pb247733v2.jpg

pb247719v2.jpg

pb237707v3.jpg

opus9

I fucking love that watch...del........you SOB...i want it......its fooking lovely..I have been waiting since sept for Robert to get hold of them...still waiting..

Mate enjoy it..it's loooorvely.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :) :) :P

Del

Thanks opus - I thought you'd like the pics! :)

Mystery Shopper

Very nice Del- nice ammo strap as well. It looks very much like the 339 with different labelling!

meteoraniac

very nice watch, I have received one from Josh two days ago,albeit its a 292k... what is the difference though?

opus9

M series always go faster

greg_r

Nice, Del - not sure about that strap, though, I must confess. I think that'd look better on a decent modern-style calf strap :)

tissotman

I'm with Greg_r on the strap think a black one would look much better brown and black just don't go . Great watch though

g.man

It's a stunner Del!

+1

g.man

gtwc

Del,

yet again you have me drooling like a retard !!

I have an earlier (non-ceramic and shitty lume) 292 and am going to upgrade in the New Year.

honestly, just how do you rate the ceramic case?

E-Dub

True ceramic? How about the crown? PVD? Looks like there's some wear with metal showing through on the crown or is that just reflection. I thought I had all the PAMs I needed with a black seal, a RG Rad, a 312, and a 29, bu I may need to branch out into these other case materials, colors...

Overall, very nice, and I think the strap is perfect, but if you change it, go bumblebee with bright yellow calf.

E

Del

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

I'll try to cover all the questions/comments in one go without multi-quoting! ;)

The strap was not my first choice for the 292 - I really like the plain black calf as per greg's suggestion but it wasn't an option on this watch (when I ordered it anyway). However, I've been very pleasantly surprised with it, and the colour combo works too imho. Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a black strap as an option to "dress-up" the watch from time to time so I've already spotted one on the WatchBandCentre that I rather like. If you're interested, this is it here.

On the colour combo tissotman - I think brown and black do actually go and it's a pretty common combo to see on the wrist check threads. ;)

As for the ceramic case, as far as I can see it's superb! Not sure what else to say about it other than it feels high quality. Not too much of a fingerprint magnet either!

The crown is PVD and I think there is a very slight "chip" off it - I had to get the loupe out to check though, it is very, very small.

As an aside, the lume is outrageous! I've just been outside for a minute and came back in and it is glowing like a torch! (And it's dull and overcast outside too.)

Difference to "K" series? Apart from the issue with the lug bars falling out I haven't got a clue! ;)

Hope I got most of the questions answered. :thumbsup2:

Member X

Cool, I think I will definitely have to get one of these if Santa is generous lol

Del
Cool, I think I will definitely have to get one of these if Santa is generous lol

I hope you've been good. :)

Balad1

Another rep for my long list, thanks Del, lol.

Carl77

That's a really beautiful watch!

I'm not a Panerai fan, but this one could be the first...

Del
Another rep for my long list, thanks Del, lol.

:) Cheers mate! ;)

@ Carl77 - glad I'm converting you to Panerai! ;)

Gazillionaire

Great looking watch Del, I'm seriously tempted by one of these goddamit!! I also think it would look good on a black strap, it would go well with your Batman outfit when you and Rodney go out on the town!! :)

Dr Yan

I personally dont like radiomir style pams, but that is one beautiful watch mate.

wear it well buddy

Gazillionaire

I wish they would do some black ceramic cases on the other styles, as although I do like the Radiomir's look in general my only gripe is the thin strap bars,I'm not sold on them as yet.

Edited by Gazillionaire

Del

:) @ Gazillionaire! Cheers! ;)

And thanks dryan! The Rads wear smaller than regular PAMs and are nice for a change. ;)

fragzzone

Awesome combo and photos, been wanting one for a while :)

Del

Thanks frag! :cowboy:

dano

Looks fuckin awesome love the contrast of the strap/pvd

Del
Looks fuckin awesome love the contrast of the strap/pvd

So you like it then? :sillywalk: Cheers! :)