Sign in to follow this  
Del

PAM 292M - a pictorial review!

wiggindude

Love the watch. Is this 45mm? I'd like to get one but my wrist is pretty small, 6.5

avenger007

Del, try the coconut strap from Bob. Best $30 strap I've ever seen. Looks great on the 292 especially as it starts to darken with wear.

d226ddd0.jpg

Del

Love the watch. Is this 45mm? I'd like to get one but my wrist is pretty small, 6.5

Yes, 45mm but it wears smaller - you'll be fine with it. My wrist is 6.75". ;)

Del, try the coconut strap from Bob. Best $30 strap I've ever seen. Looks great on the 292 especially as it starts to darken with wear.

Thanks mate, that does look good! I've been looking about and I've ordered a 26/22mm black calf (that was always my first choice) and a 22mm buckle (the current strap/buckle is 26mm). Maybe I'll order the Bob strap as another option! :)

Gazillionaire

Yes 45mm. I have 6.75 wrists and I'm going to get one when one of RWG TD's get them in, you should be fine.

gtwc
Another rep for my long list, thanks Del, lol.

:lol: Cheers mate! ;)

@ Carl77 - glad I'm converting you to Panerai! ;)

Whatever happened to Mrs Breitling & her five daughters?

Del, you are one unfaithful SOB.

Love the watch BTW.

Del

Whatever happened to Mrs Breitling & her five daughters?

Del, you are one unfaithful SOB.

Love the watch BTW.

:lol: I still have 5 Breits and now have 5 PAMs too - love them all! :D

(Not to mention the dssd and the amazing Diver.......;) )

Gazillionaire

Yes, 45mm but it wears smaller - you'll be fine with it. My wrist is 6.75". ;)

Thanks mate, that does look good! I've been looking about and I've ordered a 26/22mm black calf (that was always my first choice) and a 22mm buckle (the current strap/buckle is 26mm). Maybe I'll order the Bob strap as another option! :)

Thought these Rads were 27mm straps,Will it not fit that like the gen?

acharria

Very good pictures!!

tks

tommylad

Looking good Del. The great thing about the 292 is that everyone's wears differently, depending on which strap they go for.

I think yours is a good combo.

Del

Thought these Rads were 27mm straps,Will it not fit that like the gen?

I think the gens are 27/22mm but that size is hard to come by so most "Rad" straps are 26mm afaik. And there isn't that good a choice of 26/22mm aftermarket straps either from what I've seen.

Very good pictures!!

tks

Thanks mate! :thumbsup2:

Looking good Del. The great thing about the 292 is that everyone's wears differently, depending on which strap they go for.

I think yours is a good combo.

Thanks tommy - I think the colour combo is good but I'd have preferred black stitching and 26/22mm size. Can't have everything I guess! :D

Gazillionaire

Ah right, thanks Del so it will fit 27mm it's just finding them. I'm going to probably get a black croc nubuck off this guy when I get mine, he does 27/24 and they are custom made and he states he does other sizes so will ask him if he can do a 27/22 http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=5939423&rid=0 if not will get a 27/24.

Baldrick

Really nice watch, are the remnants of someone's sofa hanging off it optional or was it a special order B)

Ari01

I noticed that on perfect clones this watch is listed as being 44mm when the gen is 45. Is that a typo or is there a difference in size?

Del

I noticed that on perfect clones this watch is listed as being 44mm when the gen is 45. Is that a typo or is there a difference in size?

Probably a typo. I haven't measured it and my eyes are unlikely to detect a 1mm size difference but it seemed like a normal Rad size to me.

Ari01

Oh ok. I just ordered one!

Now I'd really love to get the new OEM rubber strap for it. The bulky one with just the logo on it. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Gazillionaire

I've ordered one from Mreplica a couple of days ago just waiting on the QC pics, $248 same as what Josh is selling for.

Ari01

I just got my PAM 292M from Perfect Clones and I was wondering if the AR is about right or not. I can see my reflection every time I look at it. Plus they sent me the wrong color strap andddd it looks like one of the strap/lug bars is loose and will break off at some point.

Gazillionaire
I just got my PAM 292M from Perfect Clones and I was wondering if the AR is about right or not. I can see my reflection every time I look at it. Plus they sent me the wrong color strap andddd it looks like one of the strap/lug bars is loose and will break off at some point.

Have you emailed Perfect Clones? If your not happy then get it sorted :)

Mines at Uk customs at the moment so hopefully I'll have it soon and I'll post pics etc when I do, I got mine from Marvellous Replica.

By the way check the screws on the lugbars arent loose, the M has apparently sorted the lug strap bar issue the K had so it'll be a loose screw or it's got damaged I would have thought. Good luck :)

Gazillionaire

My 292m arrived today from Marvellous Replica OMFG Awesome watch!! The rep strap though is as stiff as concrete but thats coming off anyway as my Black Croc Nubuck is swimming its way to me as I speak :) But Jesus this is a nice watch, I'll post some photos etc soon, have put my back out today so can't do anything!! lmao........But anybody thinking of taking the plunge on this watch you wont be disappointed, just beautiful. :)

aboccia

very nice watch! on the TOP of my list for my first rep!

how is the movement on this watch? this may be a noob question, but does the watch come or can you get the newer high beat movement in rad's like some of the newer 111's? what about some clasp options for straps instead of the pre-v buckle?

Del

Thanks. :)

Movement is fine. Not sure if it's available in high beat. Clasp?! :wacko:

Frazzle

What's the best e-mail address for perfect clones?

Del
What's the best e-mail address for perfect clones?

Try their website mate - details in the Trusted Dealer section. ;)

MadeOfCheese

How is the scratch-resistance of this finish?

Is it actually a ceramic case, or is it plated, and if so, is it robust?

I tend to be pretty heavy-handed with my watches, as I like them to be able to stand up to daily punishment rather than treat them with kid gloves, so my impulse is to stay away from rep black finishes, but I *really* love the look of this watch...

Del

How is the scratch-resistance of this finish?

Is it actually a ceramic case, or is it plated, and if so, is it robust?

I tend to be pretty heavy-handed with my watches, as I like them to be able to stand up to daily punishment rather than treat them with kid gloves, so my impulse is to stay away from rep black finishes, but I *really* love the look of this watch...

It is real ceramic so shouldn't scratch easily. I'm very careful with my watches to am probably not the best person to ask about this! :lol: