Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Arktos from Asian7750.com

trailboss99

Well I could just not ignore the chance at a 7750 powered GMT for 99 bucks could I?

Service was good with no issues, QC pics were supplied without having to ask and mail was promptly answered.

This is a nice watch for under 100 bucks and is well worth the normal asking price of 280 or so. It's 44mm but having a thick bezel it doesn't wear as big as a large dial watch certainly not out of place on my 6.5" wrist. It's a heavy bugger tho so if you don't like a hefty watch it may not be for you.

It has a white print on black date wheel so unless your eyes sight is 20/20 the date may not be all that useful as the mag is only about 1.5 or so on these. An AR job on the crystal would make it easier to read I'm sure.

Only arrived today and I haven't had the back off as yet so it hasn't been on the timer and accuracy is still unknown. I have no reason to think it won't be good as it hasn't lost an appreciable amount of time in the 6 hours or so I've been wearing it. this came on a deployant equipped rubber strap and since I intend to get a new leather strap for it I immediately removed the rubber and put it aside so it stays new. I have fitted one of Robert's 55 (IIRC) dollar gen croc straps while I wait for the custom one from Snpr9696to be made.This watch needs a thick heavy strap as befitting an "expedition" style watch so we will see what the lad comes up with.

Setting the time is a bit fiddly but nothing to bad. The CG lever has the usual rep slop but nothing OTT by any means. I will probably buy it a better CG at some point. The canon pinion looks to be rather tall but I'm yet to look at the gen so I'm not sure if it's correct or not. The rotating bezel is firm with no side play and well defined clicks. Lume is typical rep lume, rather weak and could do with a trip to goin which would cure that nicely.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Lume shot is a side by side with my lume "control watch" a Seiko Monster, possibly the best lume of any mass produced timepiece. It was taken aprox 1 minute after a 40sec exposure under a UV fluro. Camera exposure was less than a quarter second I'd guess since both sec hands are crisp and neither watch was hacked.

IMG_0450.jpg

As you can see, meah, rep lume.

To sum up, a great watch from a great dealer at an unbeatable price. These are quite a nice piece at the full price let alone 99 bucks and

Tony made the whole deal a painless experience.

greg_r

amazingly good value for sure!

KeNnY

ONLY 100USD ?? Amazing ! Hope the shipping fee was not expensive ! :)

But definitely amazing price for this Pam ! Congratz for great buy !

Del

Excellent Col! :thumbsup2:

(Mine is on route! :clap: )

gB.

What about the MB pen that comes with it...?

:popcorn:

Gazillionaire

Yay,nice, mine is enroute also, paid $129 in total with shipping to the UK, and I have a nice black Kain heritage strap bought off GottahaveaRolex waiting for this baby. :)

Gazillionaire

And thanks for the review :)

Pob

Very nice one! I wanted to buy this one but than the storm killed my whole TV set ( TV, satellite receiver ) and i needed to buy that in stead :(

Hope i can find some money still to buy this great watch before the offer is over!

Congratulations ;)

mrichbell

hi did you receive the mont blanc pen also?

NFleischer

Looks nice- waiting for mine. He sold a ton of these I bet.

Gazillionaire

Gulp! Just checked my tracking on the Arktos, it's been handed over to customs, should I be worried?

vonGluberschmidt

no.

perfectly normal.

DeLaForce

Unbeatable!

Gazillionaire

Gulp! Just checked my tracking on the Arktos, it's been handed over to customs, should I be worried?

Yay Released from Customs :Whew: ..may get it 2moro, they must have thought it was gen, hope they didn't keep the Pen!! :omfg:

Caliper

only 100 bucks??! *goes to asian7750.com immediately*

trailboss99

hi did you receive the mont blanc pen also?

Shure did, a bit light but nice enough. Looks to take a gen refill. the one that came with it is interesting, very fine and writes with an almost scratchy feel very reminiscent of a nib.