Sign in to follow this  
Ari01

Best AP rep on the available on the market is?

Ari01

crossbones

Search function = Your Friend

In the mean time, V2 AP Diver FTW

Member X

Hello to you too...

andygt

Fine thanks! How are you?

sconehead

...the so called 1:1 'noobfactory' AP Royal Oak diver imo...search Dels topics...;)

Del

Not much for intros, are ya?

See my sig pic. ;)

sconehead

...while we're at it Del, what are thew flaws on this version mate?

Del

...while we're at it Del, what are thew flaws on this version mate?

Tbh, I'm not totally up to speed on all the flaws but once Uwe has completed all his mods (lume, crystal, bezel screws, waterproofing) on a Noob factory Diver there are very few "tells" left. One possible flaw I've read about is that the font is not quite right on the "300m/1000ft Automatic" text and perhaps the rubber gaskets are a bit more noticeable than on the gen but apart from that I think you're pretty much gen-like! Super-rep for sure imo. ;)

jeffw69

Del, you will send me your AP Diver.

1e142910256e88e3ad3cf59e6ab1e14f.gif

crossbones

1e142910256e88e3ad3cf59e6ab1e14f.gif

LOL! Nice one Jeff :)

coatandthai

Greetings and salutations. Thread-related question: all the mods that Del suggests sound like they will take some time and cost. Is that because this is not the best Rep? Or is it something that one should expect to do with any Rep because they all fall short in one respect or another, and thus mods are always required? The reason I ask is because I am debating between this AP and the new DLC PAM 386M and I'd like to know what to expect as far as additional costs, if any. Thanks in advance, great forum.

myaz

PAMs have simpler designs, easier to duplicate. IMO, PAMs need no mods nowadays, unless you like the esthetic or esoteric appeal of doing artificial aging on the case and dial.You can also go wild on straps.

Again, IMO, mods such as what Del suggests reflect a passion and enjoyment of the hobby. Bottom line, you would get closer with a PAM, and might decide to forego mods on the AP once you hold it in your hand. Good luck.

Del

OK. IT IS IN THE POST. :wacko:

Ayr, right! :D

@ coatandthai - the AP Diver is a great rep and is very good without the mods I mentioned. The mods cost a fair amount of cash and my Diver is by far the most expensive rep I've ever bought (I bought the watch already modded directly from Uwe). I just really liked the Diver and wanted the best version available - and I believe I have it ;). If I only wore one watch, this would be it. (Sorry to all my Breits and PAMs! :D)

Caliper

If you can live with the slightly off dial number font that all AP reps have you're set.

Hello to you too.

It's a common thing to mod or upgrade the reps to improve/make better or have them more to the owner liking.

Chinese QC is very poor.

Del, my favorite thing about your diver is the strap

Edited by Caliper

coatandthai

PAMs have simpler designs

Thanks, that makes sense. I now see that Uwe sells a few modded pieces now and again, but some fellow named "Del" seems to snap them up promptly. ;-)

Frankt8242

I don't know which is "best" but I'm pretty sure I own the "WORST":

IMG_6436-1.jpg

(Sorry Reg!!)

Luthier

Ufanta??????????

:rofl:

Anyway... you can spend tons of money, modding A

P, and at the end, nobody will ever notice all these modifications.

So, just buy a damn thing, wear and enjoy.

:)

Aren

Hi Ari and welcome to RWG

:)

Oh...and the best one is whichever one Baldrick is wearing.

Ari01

Sorry for the lack of intro guys. I just got excited and want one now!! lol

I appreciate the responses.

Del I saw that you were selling some watches. I can't find that page anymore. Was the AP you were selling modded?

If you really don't EVER want to be spotted having a rep does it make sense to buy the 100-200 dollar versions from say Prestige or would it make more sense to spend 400-600 on the watches that say 1:1?

The models you guys get modded.. are they the 400-600 dollar models or the 100-200 dollar models?

Member X

Generally spending more will get you better quality, but the Noob and H-Factory PAMs at around $200-250 are amazing for the money.

Tempus

+ 1 I've seen them and Just ordered a Pam 111 ultimate hi-beat from Robert having seen one (and a gen) in the flesh they're gobsmackingly good (hope mine from Robert is just as good!)

Del

Del I saw that you were selling some watches. I can't find that page anymore. Was the AP you were selling modded?

I'm not selling anything at the moment so you must have been looking at old threads.

I've only sold one AP - a fantasy white-faced 21j Diver that I bought from Robert (unmodded).

My current AP Diver is not for sale. :noway::D

powderfreak

If you really don't EVER want to be spotted having a rep does it make sense to buy the 100-200 dollar versions from say Prestige or would it make more sense to spend 400-600 on the watches that say 1:1?

The models you guys get modded.. are they the 400-600 dollar models or the 100-200 dollar models?

Just buy and wear them, nobody will ever know. Only very few experts can distinguish good reps from the gens, and even they would need to take your watch from your arm. Not being "called out" has more to do with how you wear the watch. There are many people with gen Subs and they are constantly under suspicion of wearing reps... guess why :D

Now ask yourself: Can you pull of a 10.000€ watch and wear it in a way others realize it WITHOUT making others think "Hey, that must be a rep"?

jeffw69

I'm not selling anything at the moment so you must have been looking at old threads.

I've only sold one AP - a fantasy white-faced 21j Diver that I bought from Robert (unmodded).

My current AP Diver is not for sale. :noway::D

C'mon Del, sell me that Diver!!!