Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

The beginning of the end...

Luthier

What will happen with Cartel when most of the people from Forums switch to Robert and Mary?

oscarmadfish

they will do what all cartels do

try to eliminate the oppostion

Luthier
they will do what all cartels do

try to eliminate the oppostion

Literally???

oscarmadfish

god i hope not

greg_r

Well, Josh is still pretty big at RG - and that seems to be the only forum he's interested in these days.

The forums are only a small part of his business, though (in the same way that they're only a small part of Robert's business). Life will continue... :irish_dance:

sconehead

Greg, can you confirm Josh/Andrew are wholesale dealers as well?

greg_r

Josh certainly is, yes. Don't know about Andrew (Robert's the guy with the inside info - I just pick things up from various folks I talk to on the boards). There's a few of the forum dealers that also wholesale, though - there's nothing unusual about it.

sconehead

Josh certainly is, yes. Don't know about Andrew (Robert's the guy with the inside info - I just pick things up from various folks I talk to on the boards). There's a few of the forum dealers that also wholesale, though - there's nothing unusual about it.

Thought as much. HK came up with a comment about the dealers/forums being a small part of their business on RWI recently,

''well, the numbers on the forums are big enough they are here and having to put up with buyers that are 1000 times more savvy/b***h... than the rest. if we weren't an important part of their business they wouldn't be here. they would pass right by us and sell to their millions of other customers that don't know come here from sickum now wouldn't they. :irish_dance:''

...a very asute observation IMO.

Can't remember the figures off-hand but someone worked out the total deposits taken, on all the fora, for WM9's upcoming Rolex models and I was shocked by the amount...

greg_r

Thought as much. HK came up with a comment about the dealers/forums being a small part of their business on RWI recently,

''well, the numbers on the forums are big enough they are here and having to put up with buyers that are 1000 times more savvy/b***h... than the rest. if we weren't an important part of their business they wouldn't be here. they would pass right by us and sell to their millions of other customers that don't know come here from sickum now wouldn't they. :irish_dance:''

...a very asute observation IMO.

Can't remember the figures off-hand but someone worked out the total deposits taken, on all the fora, for WM9's upcoming Rolex models and I was shocked by the amount...

Yup - that's about the size of it from what I can make out. Josh is probably big enough that he's less bothered about the forums these days, but I suspect he's in the minority. The rest of the cartel (King, Angus etc) are going to be far more dependent on forum business. Of course, a lot of the forum dealers are small operators, so they're another deal entirely...

... and yeah, the deposits taken by WM9 are large enough to make me nervous, to be honest....

Luthier

I think big guys, like Josh, do pay attention to forums, becaise if today they'll lose on forums - tomorrow, probably, they'll lose on wholesales.

RolexAddict

imho,

I think that it is necessary not to be navel-gazing, or sink in a glass of water -sorry for the Frenglish translate... people, like Josh /Perfect Clones do not live only with forums, this is a big worldwide business with companies ordering more than on watch at one time and dealing with anals complaining because there is a misaligned letter on the dial...

they have lot of other kind of valuable customers when you read "with CC payment, split your order if the amount is more than $1200. Forums are good food for feeding small vendors or companies, lot of new dealers are now in the rep business, they are glued on forums, no forums, they die. They are not well organised, payment mode, shipping... all this mess looks very amateur. They just live with crumbs from factories and from long time and strong established dealers

In France movies and theater productions companies uses rep watches, guns etc. And this is legal to order rep stuff from Asia for this purpose

just imho, just a report, what I feel when comparing dealers

greg_r
imho,

I think that it is necessary not to be navel-gazing, or sink in a glass of water -sorry for the Frenglish translate... people, like Josh /Perfect Clones do not live only with forums, this is a big worldwide business with companies ordering more than on watch at one time and dealing with anals complaining because there is a misaligned letter on the dial...

they have lot of other kind of valuable customers when you read "with CC payment, split your order if the amount is more than $1200. Forums are good food for feeding small vendors or companies, lot of new dealers are now in the rep business, they are glued on forums, no forums, they die. They are not well organised, payment mode, shipping... all this mess looks very amateur. They just live with crumbs from factories and from long time and strong established dealers

In France movies and theater productions companies uses rep watches, guns etc. And this is legal to order rep stuff from Asia for this purpose

just imho, just a report, what I feel when comparing dealers

Yup - I think you summed it up very well, RA. That's pretty much the picture I have of the situation too. Maybe Robert will come and straighten us all out - ultimately, we're only guessing :)

JohnG
Josh /Perfect Clones do not live only with forums, this is a big worldwide business with companies ordering more than on watch at one time and dealing with anals complaining because there is a misaligned letter on the dial...

NO! THERE IS NOTHING OUTSIDE THE FORUMS! THIS IS THE REAL WORLD, EVERYTHING ELSE IS MAKE-BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

greg_r
Josh /Perfect Clones do not live only with forums, this is a big worldwide business with companies ordering more than on watch at one time and dealing with anals complaining because there is a misaligned letter on the dial...

NO! THERE IS NOTHING OUTSIDE THE FORUMS! THIS IS THE REAL WORLD, EVERYTHING ELSE IS MAKE-BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

AND YOU"RE ALL A FIGMENT OF MY DERANGED IMAGINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Jumpy: