Sign in to follow this  
rober100

Who can build a custom dial?

rober100

Is there any dealer or modder that can produce a custom dial? I'd like to modify a DSSD :D

powderfreak

I think if you tell others exactly what you want it's easier to help :)

rober100

Well, I'd like to make a no date version of the DSSD. So the mod basically would consist in covering the date window, adding a lumed hour marker there and changing some of the small inscriptions; from "oyster perpetual date" to "oyster perpetual" :)

Wiz

Hum, good luck with that. Plus you'll probably be looking at a quite high price tag.

But if you find someone don't hesitate to share. :)

10:10 Watch Repair

could be done with a gen dial and a legit redailer (maybe.)

rober100

Yeah, I guess as long as you can scan a dial and you have a machine for re-printing a dial, it can be done.

You don't need to scan a SD, they all have plates for it. It's a matter of getting the date window closed without damaging the text so they can see they're printing the same thing. They are very sensitive to reprints which change the type / value of the watch.

Arism

So it's not possible? How about just changing some text on the dial? After seeing LHOOQ's gorgeous Space-Dweller, I'm wondering whether it's possible to change the "Explorer" text on a vintage style Explore to "Space-Dweller"?

Any idea who can do this mod? I quite sure it will be alot cheaper than buying a gen Space-Dweller dial(if you can find one first!)

Apologies for the noob questions and hijacking this thread! :blush:

rober100

It's a matter of getting the date window closed without damaging the text so they can see they're printing the same thing. They are very sensitive to reprints which change the type / value of the watch.

Maybe it would be easier to start the whole dial fresh :) It's quite odd that nobody is exploiting the custom dial business on the rep segment. On the high-end gen market there are several re-printers like Bamford and Sons, Project X, Pro Hunter and others.

It's a matter of getting the date window closed without damaging the text so they can see they're printing the same thing. They are very sensitive to reprints which change the type / value of the watch.

Maybe it would be easier to start the whole dial fresh :) It's quite odd that nobody is exploiting the custom dial business on the rep segment. On the high-end gen market there are several re-printers like Bamford and Sons, Project X, Pro Hunter and others.

The problem is finding someone to print it. A gen redailer might print on a modified gen dial if the printing is still intact. They will not print on a blank, you can imagine the reasons.

rolexj

hi everyone,

still interested in getting a custom dial, i want to add custom words/logos onto the existing dial.

anyone have any leads to where it can be done?

Thanks!

chats

hi, i tried to do the same thing as you. but i am using a no logo dial from a rolex gmt model. the best way is to get it printed. you can take it to any printing places really, but that will cost a fortune if you are just going to print 1 dial, because the set up pf the machines alone can cost to at least 120 dollar. you can buy a starter diy kit online for around 200 dollar.

however, what i did is i made my own decal, you know the one that you print yourself, cut it out and soak it in water transfer it to the dial and coat it. works perfect for me. not as good as printing but it is wayyy cheaper.

goodluck :D

rolexj

Hi Chats,

Interesting interesting! Thank you for your response, but the dial seems to delicate for me to handle.. I want it perfect if that's possible ha.

chats

Hi Chats,

Interesting interesting! Thank you for your response, but the dial seems to delicate for me to handle.. I want it perfect if that's possible ha.

i guess printing is a good choice if you are willing to spend the money. i heard that watch makers that can do dial refinishing and dial repairs can do dial customization as well for a crazy price

Edited by chats

psantos1091

http://www.angularmomentum.com

This guy does custom work... Not sure about your idea.. The worst he can do is say no.

psantos1091

His dial paintings are beautiful works of art and it might change your mind on that idea anyways

rolexj

Paantos1091,

His work look amazing, looks like a work for a gen!! Maybe not the rep hehe.

Thank you for forwarding this website