Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

Chanel J12 Diamond Bezel and Bracelet

Distinct

Just received this watch from Mary at WatchInternational. Great price for an even more excellent watch. This is the second Chanel J12 that I have purchased and it is better than the first example in terms of build quality and manufacturing of certain parts.

This particular watch is a replica of the Chanel J12 Diamonds, model H1420. Instead of the standard all ceramic bracelet and the glass/crystal bezel with the 12, 3, 6 and 9 numbers, it is replaced with lots of tiny diamonds (of course not real in the replica).

Here are the specs from Chanel's website: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/Watches/j12-jewelry#j12_diamonds-H1420

White high-tech ceramic (highly scratch-resistant material).

432 diamonds (~ 3.1 carats).

High precision quartz movement.

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date.

Screw-down crown, water-resistance: 200 meters.

Steel triple-folding buckle.

Diameter: 33 mm.

REF : H1420

Pictures of the actual watch I received:

img4210c.jpg

img4211q.jpg

img4212a.jpg

img42131.jpg

The crown action is very precise and adjustments are smooth. It is a quartz like the genuine of this particular model. I've noticed that on another Chanel J12, even with the crown comepletely screwed down, I can move the crown slightly and it will move the dial face inside the casing. That does not happen on this particular example and the whole watch and movement is rock solid. Another issue I had with a different J12 was the adjustment of the bracelet size because the pins were not made as precise as the ones on this example. The pins are two pieces the way they should on the genuine. One pin fits into a collar or ring on the other side of the ceramic link (which of course will not be made to have something threaded into it. It was actually very easy to change the pins and I didn't need to take it to store to have it done. I've compared the engraving on the caseback and it is much better than the other Chanel J12 that I have. Another difference between the two J12 watches I have is the actual clasp design:

img4216i.jpg

The blurred lettering on the non-diamond example says CHANEL SWISS MADE ACIER. Also, on the backside of the diamond version's clasp, it has additional engraving with serial number and SWISS MADE, etc. I can't tell you if the diamond clasp is accurate or not for that model. Most pictures I have seen of the genuine look like the one in the bottom of the picture.

You can see here that the lettering is thicker and darker on the diamond version but this could just be a manufacturing variation. I don't see anything wrong with either.

img4217v.jpg

The jewel placement is very well done, there are no jewels missing, everything sparkles and is well positioned on the bracelet and the bezel. The date window is perfectly centred and the date change ticks over perfectly. I can't comment on the water resistance of this watch but I know for sure that the other non-diamond version would not have passed anything given the fact that I could move the crown around and see the loose movement.

As you can hopefully see from the pictures, this is potentially the finest watch that any member here can buy for their Woman (Aren can get some of her fans here to buy it for her). Highly recommended that you get this watch and specifically from Mary at WatchInternational. It came perfectly packed inside a small styrofoam shell box. It was flawless right out of the box.

sconehead

Great review mate...Re-Aren, I think Kink may also be interested in this watch too...:D

Gazillionaire
Great review mate...Re-Aren, I think Kink may also be interested in this watch too...

Naah, not enough diamonds :)

Aren

I think this watch is lovely, but for me, I prefer the 38mm sans the bling.

It also looks great in black in the photos I saw.

Great review and very nice photos.

:huh: hmm...

Aren can get some of her fans here to buy it for her

Haha...I have no fans, just some fine friends, but desire nothing from them but their company here.

Great people here, and indeed I have been the recipient of incredible generosity of the members, adm and mods here.

These amazing people put up with me...and give me a home here at RWG.

I came here for the watches, but remained for the members.

Additionally...

I learn the news...and get to listen to new/different music and share incredible personal and world events, exercise my rusty wits a bit sometimes, and have great chats and millions of laughs. These things mean more to me than any watch could.

I can get my own watches if I truly want them...but the other and more valuable contributions to my life which are received by me here at RWG are not worn on my wrist.

No Onze...don't ask. :rofl:

SirDomino

Curious as to how much this watch cost you. :)

Thanks for the review!

Luthier

Bastard. You always get better watches than me.

:P

By the way, this thread should be in Mary's Feedback section.

powderfreak

Nice comparison, thanks for sharing!

Regarding the location of the review: It's more of a watch- than a dealer review, so it's in the right section imo.