Sign in to follow this  
p-lund

can this be something?

p-lund

hi ! when i first thought i should start my journey into the rep-world, i saw the daytona and loved it. then i started reading some valuable forum-info about all the problems with the seconds at six movement arrangement. now i had spotted this on a site called my perfectwatches.net. i haven´t seen this site on any scamlist, so i thought someone out there might know if it´s good/bad. the reason why i got interested in this watch Details:

The chronographs are what stay with you when you look at Rolex Daytona watches. They are embedded in the sleek black dial, nestled into the steel framework.

Size: 40mm diameter by 11mm thickness

Movement: ETA2836-3 automatic movement

Glass: Sapphire

Material: One piece forged case construction, solid 316 Stainless Steel, silver thickly plated

Strap: 316 Stainless Steel

Crown: One piece Screw down crown with o ring

Functions: Hour, Minute, Second, Date

Subdial at 9: Running seconds

Subdial at 3: Minute counter

Subdial at 6: Hour counter

Water Resistant

Pricing:

Retail Price: $ 159.00

Second Watch Price: $ 139.00

Two watches purchase -> read more

Wholesale Price: $ 109.00 (Minimum 5 Watches

it´s the seconds at nine that got to my attention. can this be a better alternative if we´re talking reliability of the movement ? i´m gonna choose between this and a UPO. thanks.

Luthier

Gen. Tona has seconds @6, so, chinese modded A7750 with 3 extra gears to move seconds hand from 9 (where it is on 7750) to 6, and it didn't go well, some Tonas works perfectly, some dead in a few hours. I personally would buy only with seconds @9, it's reliable, and I don't care that it's not a correct location of the seconds subdial.

A few dealers on our TDL sell Tonas with seconds @9. Shop around.

AllergyDoc

The ETA 2836-3 movement is not a chronograph, which means they're lying. Scammers: beware.

Also, a gen ETA movement would cost more than the "wholesale" price they list.

greg_r

Site is bogus. That description is complete nonsense - the movement they describe is not going to work in a 'tona.

It's impossible to list every scam site on a scammers' list - there are just too many of them and more pop up every day. It's far easier to list the dealers you CAN trust, which is why this forum exists.

Seriously, stick to the trusted dealers - PrestigeWatchCo, House Of Souvenirs and WatchInternational between then will be able to obtain pretty much ANY rep available - if they don't have it, it doesn't exist...

trailboss99

Probely quartz!

Early 'tonas were sec@9 BTW. Well, pre daytonas actualy. So if one of the early Rolex chronos appeals to you that's the way to go. Any sec@6 'tona is gunna be a pontential pain unless you pay to have it serviced and graphite treated. If having the sec@9 on a later model doesn't bother you, go for it as the sec@9 A7750 is a great MVT.

Otherwise consider a quartz model. The sec hand is so small most folk won't even notice.

Col.

RolexAddict
Lawrence has a nice looking seconds-at-nine Daytona:

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/rolex/role...naswiss_009.htm

Good price. He also has ETA Daytonas for $650.

thanks for the info Doc, this is what I am looking for,

imho

[Anal/Masturb_mode] = On

I would swap the movement/dial assembly in another case with the old style bezel and no this rolexrolexrolex on the rehaut to get the accurate copy of the Daytona with the El Primero movement

[Anal/Masturb_mode] = Off

AllergyDoc
[Anal/Masturb_mode] = On

I would swap the movement/dial assembly in another case with the old style bezel and no this rolexrolexrolex on the rehaut to get the accurate copy of the Daytona with the El Primero movement

[Anal/Masturb_mode] = Off

;)

Luthier
The ETA 2836-3 movement is not a chronograph, which means they're lying. Scammers: beware.

Doc, you just have no clue.

...where "3" stands for 3 subdials!!!

It's new ETA mov't!!!

;) ;) :blink:

greg_r
;)

AllergyDoc

Doc, you just have no clue.

...where "3" stands for 3 subdials!!!

It's new ETA mov't!!!

;);) :ninja:

See, now a noob is going to read your post, misunderstand the smileys, and buy the watch thinking the subdials will work. Then, when he gets his 21J cheapo with non-functioning subdials, he's going to send you a nasty PM. :blink:

Luthier

Then I'll recommend him to google the address of nearest psyhiatric hospital in his area.

greg_r
Then I'll recommend him to google the address of nearest psyhiatric hospital in his area.

Given a couple of months here, most newbies end up doing that anyhow.... :clap: