Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

First resale 386, courtesy of GHR

kolchak

Rich was kind enough to sell me his last rep & I'm loving it. The 386 has been reviewed so in addition to a few more pics I'll just add that on the wrist the case & dial color are a unique & a refreshing change from the standard black dial / SS & Ti pams (not that their's anything wrong with those). Lume is good but not H / Noob quality. Rep strap, while superior to most, is too stiff & a couple shades too light. I'm trying a few others but none seem fitting so only sheer will power will prevent getting the gen assmte or gen quality croc strap this watch deserves.

Maybe some good person can save me a few bucks by suggesting an oil or product that would darken & soften whatever material the rep is made from?

Some quick Pics....

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

Gazillionaire

On RG there is a thread of someone comparing a Asso gen strap to a 386 rep strap and he used regular olive oil on the rep strap to darken it, not sure if that will soften it also but would assume it would. Bellross posted it in the Panerai section on RG. I would put the link but not sure if that's allowed? Wasn't posted long ago though so should be easy to find, it's not in his first post in the thread but a further one down where he uses olive oil to darken the strap there's photos also. Hope this helps mate :)

Edit: ok Greg said it's fine to link RG so here's the link Kol - http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=157985

spboudart

Lucky you.

greg_r

On RG there is a thread of someone comparing a Asso gen strap to a 386 rep strap and he used regular olive oil on the rep strap to darken it, not sure if that will soften it also but would assume it would. Bellross posted it in the Panerai section on RG. I would put the link but not sure if that's allowed? Wasn't posted long ago though so should be easy to find, it's not in his first post in the thread but a further one down where he uses olive oil to darken the strap there's photos also. Hope this helps mate :)

No problems with linking to RG, mate.

Gazillionaire

Thanks Greg will edit link into my initial post :)

kolchak

Thanks for link Gazillonaire! olive oil really does the trick - hope he posts updated pics.

Gazillionaire
Thanks for link Gazillonaire! olive oil really does the trick - hope he posts updated pics.

Excellent Mate glad it helped :)

ScottDy

Good idea, I just used Kiwi Mink oil as the last reply in that post suggested and it works great! I just put some oil on my index finger and applied it evenly to the strap. Looks much closer to the gen strap now and the mink oil is a good conditioner and water protectant for the leather as well.

kolchak

Good idea, I just used Kiwi Mink oil as the last reply in that post suggested and it works great! I just put some oil on my index finger and applied it evenly to the strap. Looks much closer to the gen strap now and the mink oil is a good conditioner and water protectant for the leather as well.

i've been looking for mink oil all day. Post up some pics!

DeLaForce

Mink oil , weird might have to read up on this!

ScottDy

I'll post a couple of pics after I get through with my breakfast and remember how to post pics to this forum, I haven't done so in quite a while and I've forgotten the specifics! Stay tuned.

Oh, Deltaforce...Mink oil is for conditioning and waterproofing leather. You can find it at most places where you buy shoe polish.

ScottDy

Okay, here are the pictures...

386before.jpg

This is how the strap looked origionally

386after.jpg

This is after I trated it with Mink Oil

1292942176748_PAM38620dett2.jpg

this is an gen strap pic copied from Panerai's website

ScottDy

And this is mink oil

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

NFleischer

Wow, that looks better after the mink oil.

slay0r

klinda has a purpleish tint to it :\ Is it noticeable in person?

g.man

Yup, looks very purple.

regards

g.man

ScottDy

No, it's not purple. It's a dark chocolate brown but seems to look a little purpleish in pictures.

g.man

Purple!

:D

g.man

ScottDy

imagesCASUPNZ1.jpg

No, this is purple!

RichardMiami

Noooooooooo.. .this is purple:

Barney-tv-08.jpg

deja123

You are all colour-blind its Brown ;-)

gottahaverolex

Definitely brown guys. These pics that show it purple are using extreme flash photography that'll alter the color of most objects.

g.man

Nah, I'm not buying it. It's definitely purple.

;)

g.man

jeffw69

Purple

B)

RichardMiami

grrrrrr