Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Parnis automatic - white dial, centre seconds

Member X

Following my purchase of the grey dial model and my subsequent failure to secure the white dial portuguese homage verson for a non-silly price (grrrr...) I decided that I might as well take a punt on this one.

Usual high quality finish with a nice 43mm size that doesn't dominate the wrist but does stand out from the crowd. Blue hands and indices are great, looking anywhere from dark blue to light blue depending on the light, and the dial is not stark white but not too off-white either. Apart from the noisy as hell rotor (which seems to be a feature of these movements) and the rep strap (soon to be remedied with a new dark blue leather one that's on the way from ebay), I'm very happy with it. It's the perfect watch for a white shirt/blue tie day! lol

See what you reckon anyway. These are just some quick and dirty pics this morning while the missus was in the shower (so she couldn't moan at me LoL) so I may do some better ones if I can be arsed... :clap:

dscf1619z.jpg

dscf1620a.jpg

dscf1623.jpg

dscf1625r.jpg

greg_r

Not really my kinda thing, but not bad for a cheapie - dial looks darned good... :clap:

KinCaidk

Look very good! I really like the white dial with blue features.

Member X

Whoever does the QC at Parnis (assuming it's just one factory) is spot on. All my Parnis seem to run to time, have flawless finish, and are spotlessly clean inside the case!

I wasn't sure if I liked this one when I got it out the packet but this morning I wanted to put it on again, so it must be a good sign :clap:

AustinTech

Looks good!

Yes, the PARNIS QC is good - I especally agree with the part about the movement - mine keeps excellent time.

houndoggie

Nice Parnis!! Someday, these early Parnis pieces will be fetching handsome prices at auction, much like a vintage Patek or PAM..

.. you just wait.

P_Diddy

are you kidding? :P

Nice Parnis!! Someday, these early Parnis pieces will be fetching handsome prices at auction, much like a vintage Patek or PAM..

.. you just wait.

trailboss99

Note to self: The world still cries out for a sarcasem icon.

Na, not my style either mate. Bit plain for a big watch. The case bach needs a smaller window so as not to expose the edges of the MVT. But, that's just me. As long as you like it, it's a great watch!

Col.

Member X

Plain? I prefer 'understated' :P LOL

It is only really a fill in till I can get that elusive white faced Portuguese homage version they do, but the only places doing them now are asking the best part of 50 quid... <_<

P_Diddy

Does it say IWC Schaeffersen on the inside side of your leather strap? :P

Member X

I don't know actually! It may well do, a lot of these rep straps appear to come from one place, hence it looks like the brown one on my IWC lol

Luthier

When my missus in shower, I'm usually right behind her... hehehe...

Nice watch, elegant and beautiful.

Member X

lol I am too :D (my missus that is, not your missus LoL) but didn't have time this morning! :P

Luthier
lol I am too :D (my missus that is, not your missus LoL) but didn't have time this morning! :P

You have to change your nick on "Member XXX" then.

LOL

Member X

LoL Good plan :drunksing::Whistle: