Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

My Glashutte arrived!

trailboss99

Yay! They turned up today. One week from TX to OZ. The Glashutte is a stunner! All gold and unblemished. I put it on a cheap strap for the pics and a tryout but it will be geting a nince gen croc in very dark brown eventualy. It runs oke but the pawl holding the barrel wound is buggered. Some fool has "repaired" it by using a bit of wire that rubs on the barrel gear and holds about 5hrs of tension on the spring! I am gunna have to drop it at Mikhall's (my 'smith) and run 'cause he's gunna have a fit when he sees that :)

Hopefully it can be fixed otherwise it's ETA into Glashutte time which would be a pity IMO.

I'll try to get a pic of the "repair" before it goes in for a propper one.

P9110010.jpg

The Felca runns and keeps good time but the day/date change is stuffed. Lord knows what damage has been done in there but the guy is a genious so there is hope yet that the gen MVT may live. The dial on this is beautyfull! Best described as a olive green tiger's eye dial.

Never seen one quite like it. The case is SS with gold bezel both in very good nick for the age. It will run again even if I need to put an ETA in there. Here's hopeing if that is necessery the day/date wheels line up :D

Crappy shot, sorry.

P9110012.jpg

The pair:

P9110014.jpg

A couple of weeks and their fate will be knowen.

Oh, and yesterday a pair of these arrived:

BZRZwqwWkKGrHgoOKi0EjlLmV1mnBKl192j.jpg

For the princly sum of AUD7.50 each! Pity the tritium is dead. Just missed the MKIII you can see in this pic. It went for AUD9 and I forgot to up my snipe ;)

Col.

greg_r

Nice pickups - that Glashutte is gorgeous. Hope you can get it sorted without turning it into a franken!

Member X

As above, they're both really nice.

I'm jealous of the glasshute!!

And are they seriously gen omega dials for that price?? Amazing.

Edited by Member X

greg_r
I'm jealous of the glasshute!!

Me too - if you only knew how many I'd bid on only to lose out (at a higher price than you paid for all that stuff!!!)

graman

mate...check watchco australia on ebay...good stuff....I got a couple of heuer bottom timer dials a couple of years back...now just need to find cases, movement etc...

Full lume dial...

Always good breitling and omega dials etc going...