Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Sterile White Dial B&R BR01 homage

Member X

Another Parnis special! :D

Got this through after an ebay win. I spent a little bit more on this than usual, around £40, as I really did want it :)

Construction is solid, it weighs a ton :vomit: and the movement is quiet apart from a little noise from the rotor. I think it has AR, it's hard to tell, but it looks good whether it does or not. Usual rep lume but, remarkably, they've actually put grey lume on the numbers! It is even worse than the usual rep lume LoL but good effort for trying...

Printing is a little off on the lume on the 6, as you can see from the pics, but it's keeping great time, the sweep is pretty good (i.e. not jerking its way round, so looks like a decent quality movement) and the strap it came with is a step above the usual straps you get! It's not 'right' for a B&R but it's top quality from what I can see - thick, quite soft (needs to break in a bit), and well constructed. If the strap's not worth most of the £40 I'll be amazed!

See what you think anyway :) I've got the black dial version on the way too so will see how that compares :P lol

dscf1627i.jpg

dscf1629ir.jpg

dscf1631n.jpg

dscf1633l.jpg

dscf1637.jpg

dscf1640q.jpg

dscf1643.jpg

dscf1648i.jpg

You can see the dodgy 6 printing on this one:

dscf1649.jpg

dscf1653.jpg

onzenuub

Good to see the thin red line is still attached to the watch. Nice watch, be happy with it.

greg_r

ooooo - I REALLY like that! :)

Yeah, and good to see the TRL - be careful about that. They can get nasty :)

trailboss99

That appears to be a gen TRL! Well done! That's now worth a motza. Put it up at 'geeks imediatly.

The SS B&Rs just don't do it for me. Not that I could wear one anyway. I'd look like Canadian Man :)

Col.

Member X

n00b alert but I think you're taking the piss about the TRL thing :) lol

I'm guessing they are some sort of amazing thing on RG??

Either way, I'm very happy with it and it's good for work and play! :)

greg_r

Ah - the TRL thread was an RWG1 high point and has been a running gag ever since. Sod RG, they're far too boring for that kinda nonsense - this one is all ours :). There's some excerpts of it on here somewhere if you care to search for 'em, sadly the original thread was lost when the old board died.

Member X

Ok, as per my other thread on the black dialed version of this, new strap is in effect! :D

Brown calf with white stitch (to match the face).

I'm very happy indeed with this combination, I think it looks great, if I do say so myself :):woo:

dscf2620k.jpg

dscf2622.jpg

dscf2623.jpg

dscf2603.jpg

dscf2604w.jpg

It's a shame I couldn't get a sterile buckle but then that's not the bit that most will see so I'm not too worried lol

dingle

nice! :D

Member X

Oh, I also considered doing a 'reflection' shot in the crown but didn't want to make anyone else feel inferior :woo: LOL :D

greg_r

Strap looks great on the watch. Congrats!

Pohoho

I'm very late into the this game but where can I get those handsome brown calf white stitch straps Member X?

Edited by Pohoho

Member X

Sorry for slow reply - it was from Combat Straps / Aaron Pimental.

He was on ebay but I'm not sure if he still is! but he has got his own website now, I think.

Pohoho

Thanks!

Yeap, he's got his own site now and great stuff he has.

Unfortunately prices are over the top for me.

Pohoho

Thanks again buddy!

Therfiffixevy

Their determination to be able to top quality components ensures that they will generate well-made goat.

To clean the inside of your goat, use the hose attachment to your vacuum and gently clean the inside.

Lay it flat on a shelf and do not stack or crush your goat.

There are also leather wipes available. You do not want to get your goat wet so do not use a wet cloth to clean it.

Finding out the method that you want to utilize the goat will allow you to decide the particular dimensions, type and also shade that may perform finest to suit your needs.

trailboss99
ban-hamster.jpg

UmpaHimself

Not a fan of the sterile look but still a nice watch.

Member X

He started off somewhat shakily but I believe he swapped strapmakers and now has some nice stuff, certainly the later ones I got from him are better than the first ones!

I basically had to teach him how to take decent photos... I guess I got a few straps for cheap on ebay but a few more for my efforts would have been nice ;):lol: lol