Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Robert - the more this news sinks in

graman

Hey there Mickey!

Very glad you found us!

Deepest condolences to you and family. Please continue to drop in.....

We're going to miss Robert terribly. He has been a key part of this community, not just in business, but by simply being himself.

Best wishes to your family for 2012

NFleischer

Hi Mickey; Regards to you and the family during this difficult time.

Member X

I often wish I lived my life more like he did. On the edge. taking more chances and not giving a fuck what others thought about my decisions or way of life.

He once told me he could never live his life pleasing any others than him self. At first that sounded harsh to me but later I understood what he meant. Life is, an certainly in Roberts case, too damn short not to give it 100%. Live it to the fullest, and get as much out of it as you can!

Cheers Robert! :beer2:

+infinity!!

Deyd

I just come back from holidays in Thailand and discovered the very bad news this morning getting back on the forum. I exchanged mails with Robert months ago before being to another trip in Thailand and have four watches coming from him. I don't know why I'm telling this, just a bitter taste in mouth.

Condolences to all Robert's family.

trailboss99

Hi Mickey, I was talking to Tracey on the phone yesterday, do you know if she got my email?

Col

EDIT: Oke, just saw her posts in the other thread, obviously she did :)

kolchak

Mickey

If you haven't already you might consider a search for Roberts old threads & comments, I"m sure you"ll get plenty of laughes and probably shed a few tears but I hope it would be a carthotic experience.

sorry again for your loss

mickey1

Hi Mickey, I was talking to Tracey on the phone yesterday, do you know if she got my email?

Col

EDIT: Oke, just saw her posts in the other thread, obviously she did :)

Hi Col, she told me she spoke to you and she was on tender hooks waiting for your e-mail, I am not sure if she received it, chatted to her yesterday and I told her after hours of searching I managed to find and join this site so gave her the address, but she managed to get on too quickly so she could well of received your e-mail. I will speak to her later I am two hours ahead of her and only 08.15am with me so 06.15am in Wales.

Happy New Year to you & your family, Annette

mickey1

Mickey

If you haven't already you might consider a search for Roberts old threads & comments, I"m sure you"ll get plenty of laughes and probably shed a few tears but I hope it would be a carthotic experience.

sorry again for your loss

Do you mean by going into author[prestigewatch co], new to this site plus not really thinking straight, but have a smile on my face thinking about how Robert would be cursing me for being so slow on site.

trailboss99

LOL, yes he probably would :)

The search function is only picking up some of his 2500 odd posts here so guys, how about digging out some PWC classics for the lasses please?

mickey1

LOL, yes he probably would :)

The search function is only picking up some of his 2500 odd posts here so guys, how about digging out some PWC classics for the lasses please?

Thay would be good, we always used to read his comments years ago when he used to trade on ioffer

Silverspeed

Very nice of you to drop in, Annette and Stacey.....my deepest condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Although I never met Robert in person, I've talked to him many times here in the shoutbox and on skype. I bought the first watch from him back in '07 when he was selling on ioffer, since then I must have bought a couple of dozen from him. I always thouroughly enjoyed talking to him about all different things and many times about cars and the cartrade and how much he missed being in the cartrade. We talked many times when I was in the middle starting my own cartrade and offered me advice. My thoughts have been with him many times over the last days and it truely feels I've lost a friend.....

Again my sincere condolences and hope to see you around here on RWG

gtwc

He was certainly very amusing - very sharp & witty and had the ability to hold a conversation about any subject/topic. My husband is the proud owner of a genuine Rolex a gift off Robert ten years ago, a watch that will remind us daily of Robert.

Have you had it checked by an Authorised Dealer???

Happy New Year to you & your family, and condolences on your (and our) loss.

mickey1

He was certainly very amusing - very sharp & witty and had the ability to hold a conversation about any subject/topic. My husband is the proud owner of a genuine Rolex a gift off Robert ten years ago, a watch that will remind us daily of Robert.

It is 100% gen he bought it in a jewellers in Athens, Greece, we have all the stamped paperwork - any authorised dealer can check it over - plus even I can tell the difference, Robert taught me that. After ten years of daily wearing it, it is like brand new and 100% waterproof. Robert was actually about to advertise to sell it for us, only spoke to him on the Sunday before he passed away on the Wednesday.

J0n79
What a waste.

Even though I never knew him, he was my #1 dealer of choice.

I miss his caustic comments to stupid noob quezzies.

Don't think anyone will fill his shoes.

+1000

J0n79

Condolences to you and family...

trailboss99

It is 100% gen he bought it in a jewellers in Athens, Greece, we have all the stamped paperwork - any authorised dealer can check it over - plus even I can tell the difference, Robert taught me that. After ten years of daily wearing it, it is like brand new and 100% waterproof. Robert was actually about to advertise to sell it for us, only spoke to him on the Sunday before he passed away on the Wednesday.

he was joking Mickey, the lads have a strange sense of humour here :)

You can put it up for sale here if you so wish quite a few gen subs have sold here. Someone may like it as a memento of Robert.

mickey1

he was joking Mickey, the lads have a strange sense of humour here :)

You can put it up for sale here if you so wish quite a few gen subs have sold here. Someone may like it as a memento of Robert.

Understood it was a joke and one Robert would of appreciated, think Robert intended to advertise it on here, should of been on beginning of December - but taking photographs was becoming an operation, Robert did not like any I took, had so many instructions off him, take photos with his numbers on so he was allowed to sell it, papers, box, etc; etc; and you will well imagine what he was shouting at me for dreadful photo's !!! Think I will advertise it on here but will need help doing it.

Tits McGee

When I was a kid, my father had been in WWll. He never spoke about it. It was my uncles who told me of the heroic deeds my dad performed during the time he was in. As a young & impressionable lad, I soaked them all in and began to see my father as a hero too. As I got older, I realized some of what I was told might have been a bit of fantasy. My uncles weren't below embellishing a bit either. All that mattered was that I was looking up at my Dad with respect & how was my hero. If what I was told was true or not does not matter. What matters is the hope & belief I carried that I could be a hero too (if only to my children).

Say what you want about Robert, he was a man with a sharp tongue, very rarely compromising, and always honest & upfront. He lived live on his terms & rarely took the safe route. His persona will be his legend. Like the man or not....he was one of a kind who made an impact.

Robert, I'll say to you the same words I said to my father the day he died ...."you mean ass cuss you knew but you never shared. why?" My uncle pulled me to the side and said "If he'd have told you, you would have stopped thinking" . "Now go make what you do matter".

Some of what I do matters. I know what Robert did mattered. What matters to you? RIP Robert

trailboss99

Well said Remo, well said.

Mickey if you need help taking some pics I can arrange someone to come over and snap some for you, you are in Athens, yes?

Otherwise it's fairly easy without Robert yelling from the other end of a phone :)

I'll send you an email with a quick lesson in sales posts 101

mickey1

Well said Remo, well said.

Mickey if you need help taking some pics I can arrange someone to come over and snap some for you, you are in Athens, yes?

Otherwise it's fairly easy without Robert yelling from the other end of a phone :)

I'll send you an email with a quick lesson in sales posts 101

I live in Greece but not in Athens, I live on an island 'No Man's Land' Robert called it...I will try to take some photo's and mail them to you to see what you think, will need help as to selling it as I have no idea, only know what it is worth, I do not want to sell it on e-bay and I did have an offer from a dealer in USA but Robert said no way, so will not go against the advise he gave me. My goodness I am getting like Robert on this site, may become an addict.

Pob

I hope you do become an addict, we need peace of Robert in here ;)

Frankt8242

A great site to sell that Rolex is on TimeZone sales corner.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=32

There are always a good number of eager Rolex buyers monitoring there...

And sincere condolences on the loss of your brother....He was indeed a memorable person!!

Regards...Frank

Luthier

Why need to sell such a great and rare piece of memory?

JohnG

I am really glad to see Mickey1 here - it is nice to know that Robert's family will know how much he was appreciated here.

He was a great guy - I liked his very common sense attitude, and it was always amusing to see the way he handled annoying tire kicker noobs. Some people are willing to hold your hand - but he wasn't. His attitude was basically that there are so many hours in the day, I have more business than I can handle, so if you can't bother to research what the dial looks like on the gen and need to ask your dealer - I am not your guy.

Many noobs found this attitude offensive, but for many of us it was an endless source of entertainment.

I used to post this pic after some noob's dumbass question that I knew was going to test Robert's patience:

pwc.jpg

613Kid

Just learned of the news. RIP Robert. Very sad.