Sign in to follow this  
wat44

Robert - the more this news sinks in

mickey1

Why need to sell such a great and rare piece of memory?

Shall I reply as Robert would of !!! [just a joke]...

opus9

He was certainly very amusing - very sharp & witty and had the ability to hold a conversation about any subject/topic. My husband is the proud owner of a genuine Rolex a gift off Robert ten years ago, a watch that will remind us daily of Robert.

Have you had it checked by an Authorised Dealer???

Happy New Year to you & your family, and condolences on your (and our) loss.

It is 100% gen he bought it in a jewellers in Athens, Greece, we have all the stamped paperwork - any authorised dealer can check it over - plus even I can tell the difference, Robert taught me that. After ten years of daily wearing it, it is like brand new and 100% waterproof. Robert was actually about to advertise to sell it for us, only spoke to him on the Sunday before he passed away on the Wednesday.

he was joking Mickey, the lads have a strange sense of humour here :)

You can put it up for sale here if you so wish quite a few gen subs have sold here. Someone may like it as a memento of Robert.

Understood it was a joke and one Robert would of appreciated, think Robert intended to advertise it on here, should of been on beginning of December - but taking photographs was becoming an operation, Robert did not like any I took, had so many instructions off him, take photos with his numbers on so he was allowed to sell it, papers, box, etc; etc; and you will well imagine what he was shouting at me for dreadful photo's !!! Think I will advertise it on here but will need help doing it.

Hi there,

I recently sold my Gen Rolex on this forum,I have posted the thread link as to give you an idea of what I posted and also the questions and answers I took. The thread contains more pictures of the inside movement later on in the thread.

I hope this helps you and my sincere condolences for your sad loss. Robert was my dealer and we had many great conversations regarding Greece and life here in Cyprus and a myriad of other topics.

http://www.replica-w...l=&fromsearch=1

dhfc

Hey mickey not sure about your id name maybe it's because of this ?

I knew Rob a bit (from other forums)and sorry for your lost maybe you could test the water in here and also RWI and RG to maybe auction hubbys watch in memory of Rob

nunu78

Hi Mickey,

first I would like to offer my condolence to the family,believe me I'm also mourning for my personal loss as he was not only a good friend but to me a Mentor .What a guy he was knows almost everything you can think of.I'm originally from Karachi,Pakistan and Robert knows all about it.He was my only dealer on this site sometimes he even sent the watches even before I've managed to pay him.I was crying this morning when I opened my watch box frankly speaking I don't want to buy watches any more.Robert I'll miss you buddy. :nunu:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

mickey1

He was certainly very amusing - very sharp & witty and had the ability to hold a conversation about any subject/topic. My husband is the proud owner of a genuine Rolex a gift off Robert ten years ago, a watch that will remind us daily of Robert.

Have you had it checked by an Authorised Dealer???

Happy New Year to you & your family, and condolences on your (and our) loss.

It is 100% gen he bought it in a jewellers in Athens, Greece, we have all the stamped paperwork - any authorised dealer can check it over - plus even I can tell the difference, Robert taught me that. After ten years of daily wearing it, it is like brand new and 100% waterproof. Robert was actually about to advertise to sell it for us, only spoke to him on the Sunday before he passed away on the Wednesday.

he was joking Mickey, the lads have a strange sense of humour here :)

You can put it up for sale here if you so wish quite a few gen subs have sold here. Someone may like it as a memento of Robert.

Understood it was a joke and one Robert would of appreciated, think Robert intended to advertise it on here, should of been on beginning of December - but taking photographs was becoming an operation, Robert did not like any I took, had so many instructions off him, take photos with his numbers on so he was allowed to sell it, papers, box, etc; etc; and you will well imagine what he was shouting at me for dreadful photo's !!! Think I will advertise it on here but will need help doing it.

Hi there,

I recently sold my Gen Rolex on this forum,I have posted the thread link as to give you an idea of what I posted and also the questions and answers I took. The thread contains more pictures of the inside movement later on in the thread.

I hope this helps you and my sincere condolences for your sad loss. Robert was my dealer and we had many great conversations regarding Greece and life here in Cyprus and a myriad of other topics.

http://www.replica-w...l=&fromsearch=1

Efxaristo Poli, Annette

jdoe

Robert gone?

Great loss to all of us here.

Condolences to the family.

mickey1

Hey mickey not sure about your id name maybe it's because of this ? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SvQex1RQ5G4

I knew Rob a bit (from other forums)and sorry for your lost maybe you could test the water in here and also RWI and RG to maybe auction hubbys watch in memory of Rob

Thank you, my ID name is Mickey - I am not sure how I come to reply via the you tube link, guess I can be excused as all this is new to me. Here is a question - one Robert would of answered in his usual manner - have no idea what RWI and RG are unless it is the gen Rolex site - which I joined over a month ago but what a performance to advertise on there, I agree with rules but honestly quite unbelievable and right at the moment I cannot handle hassle, a straight forward transaction would be better, so hopefully I will advertise it on here first and see from there. First step, need photographs and then advertise.

Regards, Annette

trailboss99

I will.

None of your business Luth.

Did you think before typing that?

Oke, Robert would have been less polite :)

opus9

Γειά σου ( Yassou ) Annette,

The Gen Rolex forum I found to be as helpful as a second rectum.Which is why I ended up selling it on here. Many of the members here belong to the other forums,so word will travel very very fast. I hope the thread helps and if you need any further help,do not hesitate to message me and I will gladly assist in what ever way I can.

opus.

mickey1

Also, you can only imagine the memories we all have of Robert not only the one's in our hearts, which remain forever, but so many other items and can you believe it only this morning we received a watch each off Robert [posted six weeks ago], which are watches we only ever dreamed about owning, as family we only have gen ones off Robert, and it now explains why Robert suggested a while ago we sell the sub, because he had bought us each a watch to replace the sub, it is the new watches that will never leave our wrists as the last generous gifts he sent. Maybe very few people really knew the kind, generous side of Robert.

mickey1

I will.

None of your business Luth.

Did you think before typing that?

Oke, Robert would have been less polite :)

For sure he would not of been so polite, however we all sometimes say/type things before thinking and no offence taken, infact I think by reading my last reply everyone will understand why the sub is going up for sale, it probably never would of had it not been Robert's suggestion.

mickey1

Γειά σου ( Yassou ) Annette,

The Gen Rolex forum I found to be as helpful as a second rectum.Which is why I ended up selling it on here. Many of the members here belong to the other forums,so word will travel very very fast. I hope the thread helps and if you need any further help,do not hesitate to message me and I will gladly assist in what ever way I can.

opus.

Yassou, Opus

Sent a PM to you, thanking you.

Regards, Annette

Dendo

Also, you can only imagine the memories we all have of Robert not only the one's in our hearts, which remain forever, but so many other items and can you believe it only this morning we received a watch each off Robert [posted six weeks ago], which are watches we only ever dreamed about owning, as family we only have gen ones off Robert, and it now explains why Robert suggested a while ago we sell the sub, because he had bought us each a watch to replace the sub, it is the new watches that will never leave our wrists as the last generous gifts he sent. Maybe very few people really knew the kind, generous side of Robert.

I always saw the decent and generous side of him.

He ran his business well, honestly and for all of our benefit including I hope his own.

Good luck with the sale ((GLWS) - you will see this often after you post the watch for sale on here).

mickey1

Hi Mickey,

first I would like to offer my condolence to the family,believe me I'm also mourning for my personal loss ah he was not only a good friend but to me a Mentor .What a guy he was knows almost everything you can think of.I'm originally from Karachi,Pakistan and Robert knows all about it.He was my only dealer on this site sometimes he even sent the watches even before I've managed to pay him.I was crying this morning when I opened my watch box frankly speaking I don't want to but watches any more.Robert I'll miss you buddy. :nunu:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Thank you so much, what a truly beautiful message. We have been overwhelmed not only by the volume of messages but by the quality.

mickey1

I always saw the decent and generous side of him.

He ran his business well, honestly and for all of our benefit including I hope his own.

Good luck with the sale ((GLWS) - you will see this often after you post the watch for sale on here).

Do you think I hold the record for a delivery by courier - it took 6 weeks - can you imagine what grief Robert would of given the courier company over taking six weeks...!!!

opus9

It's ironic actually, as Robert's postman was the quickest of any dealer..he holds records for the speedy Gonzales of the rep world. Fate is strange and it is incredible that his last personal shipment was the longest..yet probably brought smiles, tears and a start of a healing process..wear them well and enjoy the 'time' you had with him.

regards

opus

Member X

It's not good, I can't resist saying it...

:ttiwwop:

(of the watches!)

:lol:

kolchak

Mickey, would it be possible to post a picture of Robert? Having never seen him, it would be great to put a face with all the memories.

Also, from the article it seems cigs were a big part of life (and possibly death). I'm curious what brand he favored?

Hopefully spending time here is helping your grieving process as much as your helping ours. You're certainly around hundreds/thousands of people who are grieving too.

opus9

strange,I don't know if I want to see a picture you know. I know loads do and I respect that, however I have a picture in my head and to me Roberto was a mix of David Carradine meets Jack Nicolson...jury's out on this one...

Dendo

strange,I don't know if I want to see a picture you know. I know loads do and I respect that, however I have a picture in my head and to me Roberto was a mix of David Carradine meets Jack Nicolson...jury's out on this one...

+1

PS wonder what Annette thinks of our weird Avatar picture/movie/animations? :lol:

mickey1

Mickey, would it be possible to post a picture of Robert? Having never seen him, it would be great to put a face with all the memories.

Also, from the article it seems cigs were a big part of life (and possibly death). I'm curious what brand he favored?

Hopefully spending time here is helping your grieving process as much as your helping ours. You're certainly around hundreds/thousands of people who are grieving too.

Can you believe it, we are trying to find a good true photo of Robert, he was never one for having photo's taken so apart from childhood ones photo's are few & far between, the last photo we have of Robert is horrid [or I think so],,it is a photo in a frame that was put on display at his funeral in Thailand, I do not dislike the photo for that reason I just think my brother looks ill on it, his face looks so blown up, some think it is because he is sun burnt so swollen up, I agree his face is red but as Robert hated the sun I have to wonder how he got sun burnt, he must of fallen asleep in it only explanation. Hopefully we will come up with one very soon, ideally a typical photo of him...

Yes, Robert smoked and far too much.....I will put you all to the test and see if you can guess which brand he smoked, let's just see how many of you guess correctly.

Spending time on here has been wonderful for me, I am quite obsessed, possibly because I know Robert enjoyed it so much, but reading such wonderful messages has been a blessing, I even enjoyed the very few not so nice ones as they made me smile as Robert could not of cared less who disliked him, we all know in this life not everyone can like everyone.

mickey1

+1

PS wonder what Annette thinks of our weird Avatar picture/movie/animations? :lol:

Annette has not taken any notice of them, everyone to their own.

Nisv

It's really good to see that you can find some comfort here, I hope it helps you in your grieving process.

My uneducated guess is that he smoked Camel.

jeffw69

I'm going to say Marlboro.

mickey1

I'm going to say Marlboro.

Keep guessing first two guesses are wrong