Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Vintage Daytona 6263 from MReplica

greg_r

When I first got into this hobby I was, like most, a Rolex guy. My daily beater for around 7 years was a rep Rollie Day/Date and I first joined the original RWG in search of a replacement for it. Being easily distracted, I then discovered Panerai... :Whistle:

However, 20+ PAMs later (15 of which remain in the collection), I have - at least for the moment - satisfied my Panerai craving. I continue to like Rollies and I figured it was about time to improve my collection, which, for the last couple of years has consisted only of a DSSD and a blue-dialed DDII, my original Rollie DD (along with a couple of DJs) having long since gone to the great rep factory in the sky.

However, I think I've made the mistake of buying a watch that has made me catch the Rollie bug again :facepalm: . I've long wanted a Daytona, but wasn't willing to risk the secs@6 issues, so finally decided that a vintage 6263 with secs@9 was for me. I was a little worried that it might be too small for me, as at 37mm it's by far my smallest - but it feels just right, although I'm having a little difficulty getting used to how lightweight it is, but it's probably my most comfortable watch - far better balanced than the larger DDII I own.

This came from MR and is the standard cartel version with assymetric pushers and the handwind ST19 movement. I have no clue how accurate it is to the gen but frankly I don't give a damn - it's a stunningly beautiful watch and it FEELS right (which is always at least as important to me as the look). I love it! :wub:

I can see this being a VERY frequent entry in the wristshots thread....

Here's the photos - they're not the greatest as they were taken with my iPhone, but they'll do for now...

6263-1.JPG

6263-3.JPG

6263-w.JPG

solkryssare

I must get me one of these!

Silverspeed

Oohhh....that looks very good

the endlinks are perfect!

g.man

Good things come in small packages.

+1

g.man

GC

Very nice! I luv my vintage daytona from DW...

The comfort makes up for it's size, and after a few days putting on a PAM just feels clownish.

greg_r

thanks guys - I'm now wondering why I waited so long. Might have to buy one of the other dial options at some point....

KeNnY

WOW I love it , and now I want it !

WebWind

I love this watch!

This watch was No.2 on my list. Now when list is gone with old forum software it could be No.1 :)

Member X

Oh dear... And you thought you had nothing more to buy at the moment... ;):lol:

I just can't wear them, they're too small!!

greg_r

No, they're not! It was that thought that made me hesitate as long as I did, but I was wrong. That's the whole point ;)

UndercoverProp

Very nice! Who cares what the Gen is - it looks classic!

U.P

Del

Yeah, looks amazing! :thumbsup2:

It doesn't look that small in your wrist shot either.

Member X

No, they're not! It was that thought that made me hesitate as long as I did, but I was wrong. That's the whole point ;)

meh, I tried mspangl's DW on at the GTG (which you skived off from ;)) and it just felt wayyyy too small, and that was coming from wearing my 1675, which isn't exactly the biggest watch in the world!! :D

I wish they'd intro a bigger version, there was that teaser pic of that Tennis Guy wearing what looked like a bigger version but nothing's come of it, dammit!

fragzzone

Nice one, you just got me in trouble again. I've been wanting one for a while and now you got me started again :s

greg_r

meh, I tried mspangl's DW on at the GTG (which you skived off from ;)) and it just felt wayyyy too small, and that was coming from wearing my 1675, which isn't exactly the biggest watch in the world!! :D

I wish they'd intro a bigger version, there was that teaser pic of that Tennis Guy wearing what looked like a bigger version but nothing's come of it, dammit!

meh yerself ;)

Try again - give it more than 5 minutes next time and you may find yourself agreeing with me. It doesn't feel that small - this coming from a guy who was wearing a 46mm SOH yesterday ;)

solkryssare

Exactly. Just as with the Explorer 1.

Member X

Hmmm...

I am going to ignore you both for the moment, I already have enough that I can't afford so I don't want anything else to add to the list just yet ;):lol:

jeffw69

Too small for me B)

greg_r

:finger:

:lol:

jeffw69

What can I say, I don't have girly wrist.

:lol:

greg_r

Okay, now it's really "FUCK OFF" Jeff. :P

Given that my watches range up to 52mm (PAM 300) and my all-time favourites include several 47mm PAMs, it's clear I don't have girly wrists either. The point is that the 'tona doesn't feel as small as you might think.

jeffw69

Love ya man!

Nice pick up- really :thumbsup:

Cynikal.Mindset

37mm...eeek...42mm is pushing the smallness boundaries for me but I love the look of it

greg_r

Love ya man!

Nice pick up- really :thumbsup:

:wub:

:D

Cynikal - oddly, my DDII (41mm) feels a little too small. Go figure...

nunu78

nice pick up G,i would love to have one.enjoy it often.