Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Vintage Daytona 6263 from MReplica

northcountryboy1976

looks good, what size are your wrists? does that model have plastic or saphire glass?

Akira

Perfect size

3359eb4d.jpg

Luthier

Welcome back, Greg...

;)

g.man

Are you one of the little people?

:hehehe:

onionbag

It's lovely Greg, I was browsing the Daytonas on Mary's site last night. Today at work I got out the digital calipers and measured my daily beater a Seiko 5.....34.4mm? go figure, and it doesn't look too small on my slim wrist, so 37mm will be just fine.

Sold!! :D

robznet

Beautiful watch boss, and size wise it looks fine to me! :dingleberry-nemesis:

Garry

This is a gorgeous watch. I just bought a 6239 from DW but I want one of these as well.

I usually go for larger watches but although the Daytona is only 37mm, it looks perfect on my wrist which is 7.5 inches.

Baldrick
Member X : I wish they'd intro a bigger version,

It would hardly be a be a vintage 6263 then, would it? B)

NFleischer

Nice pick up- I was wearing my DJ yesterday. Its smaller than Im used to now, but Rolex always has a certain wrist

presence and design that just looks good.

BTW- Can you still get old Daytona's from DW- or is he done?

greg_r

Noel: DW is pretty much done now, I believe. Agreed about the DJ - I have one on the way (DJs and DDs used to be my thing - been a while since I had a classic sized one, though).

northcountryboy: wrist is a bit over 7.5". 47mm Panerais are my usual comfort zone, but this thing has enough wrist presence that the smaller size really isn't an issue.

admiralsas

Very nice daytona. I've never been a huge Rolex fan but I love the look of the vintage models, in particular this Daytona. Is the dial white or cream? I wanted the one closest to DW's? But DW is gone as far as I understand. And to clarify, you got this from Marvellous Replica? My last watch from them was my IWC Portuguese chrono.

Leedsbear

When I first got into this hobby I was, like most, a Rolex guy. My daily beater for around 7 years was a rep Rollie Day/Date and I first joined the original RWG in search of a replacement for it. Being easily distracted, I then discovered Panerai... Whistle.gif

However, 20+ PAMs later (15 of which remain in the collection), I have - at least for the moment - satisfied my Panerai craving. I continue to like Rollies and I figured it was about time to improve my collection, which, for the last couple of years has consisted only of a DSSD and a blue-dialed DDII, my original Rollie DD (along with a couple of DJs) having long since gone to the great rep factory in the sky.

However, I think I've made the mistake of buying a watch that has made me catch the Rollie bug again facepalm.gif . I've long wanted a Daytona, but wasn't willing to risk the secs@6 issues, so finally decided that a vintage 6263 with secs@9 was for me. I was a little worried that it might be too small for me, as at 37mm it's by far my smallest - but it feels just right, although I'm having a little difficulty getting used to how lightweight it is, but it's probably my most comfortable watch - far better balanced than the larger DDII I own.

This came from MR and is the standard cartel version with assymetric pushers and the handwind ST19 movement. I have no clue how accurate it is to the gen but frankly I don't give a damn - it's a stunningly beautiful watch and it FEELS right (which is always at least as important to me as the look). I love it! wub.png

I can see this being a VERY frequent entry in the wristshots thread....

Here's the photos - they're not the greatest as they were taken with my iPhone, but they'll do for now...

6263-1.JPG

6263-3.JPG

6263-w.JPG

Hi Greg - how did you get on with this watch - have you still got it? Thinking about getting one myself - been doing my brains in over the past few days trying to decide whether to risk a 40mm Secs@6 or accept the differences with the Secs@9 version and now more inclined towards a vintage. Did yours have the fixed sub dial at the 6 o'clock position. Was it reliable?

Thanks

Richard

greg_r

Hi Greg - how did you get on with this watch - have you still got it? Thinking about getting one myself - been doing my brains in over the past few days trying to decide whether to risk a 40mm Secs@6 or accept the differences with the Secs@9 version and now more inclined towards a vintage. Did yours have the fixed sub dial at the 6 o'clock position. Was it reliable?

Thanks

Richard

Yep - still got it, still love it. These ST-19 movements are about as bomb-proof as chronos get short of quartz. Never had a problem. Yes, the subdial @ 6 is faux, but then I hardly ever run the chronos anyhow, so it doesn't matter.

As for modern 'tonas, well I've side-stepped the whole issue by buying a homage instead: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=56375

Frankly, the secs@6 models are too much of a time-bomb for serious consideration IMO. The secs@9 models are much better (and correct for the earlier Zenith-powered 'tonas), but there's not the range of finish/dials available - hence my Rotary quartz lookalike... :dunno:

My favourite Rolie - me and Paul Newman think that these are great

I have seen them with simple pushers and a silver bezel ...... Is this usual ?

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=7665

Yup - there are a few different varieties around. Some versions have screw-down pushers, some don't. You'll also find a few reps of the pre-daytona cosmograph.

Leedsbear

thanks Greg. I'm agonisingly torn between a black dial noob Explorer II, a white dial 40mm Daytona Secs@9 or the vintage one like yours.

Arghhhhhhh!

Mike on a bike

Had one same movement Panda dial great watch. Glad it works for you Greg but at a hair under 8.5 in wrist wore to dinner no presence, sold it. I do not wear anything over 47 either no clocks on the wrist and lord knows I can, this one just to small for me. Wear in good health a real beauty wish it had worked for me!

OLDBLOKE74
62631_zpsb2ba70fb.jpg?t=1379439305 leather strap does it for the Vintage tona, every time 62632_zpsb1c5226d.jpg?t=1379439315

ebzen02

They also look great on leather

8458853850_85b1899b30_b.jpg

8457772365_6d3b6dde0c_b.jpg

fouldsc

Lovely leather strap, where do you pick that up from as now I got the bug thinking of getting one of these Rolex Daytona but have to say prefer it with this strap

dunkster

I liked it so much i bought one 4 weeks ago. I got home and there it was. Like Greg, i took a punt, when i saw it advertised by charlesanderika, i bid and bought, great guy to deal with on M2M.

I opened the box, i looked at it and fell hook line and sinker for it. I was totally surprised by how it looked in my hand and then on my wrist, it not only looked right but it had that feel, its quite indescribable, i put it on 2 weeks ago and it has not left my wrist.

As for size.......... Its not the size fellas, its how it feels when you use it!!!!!! mine feels Dammmm fine thank you.

if there is anything negative to say it would be that i am not Paul Newman when i put it on, but i feel like him.

dunkster

ps,

i know its an old post but this watch should be reviewed.

AB51

Bought one recently for my brother, great looking watch. But.... if you buy one check that the bezel / crystal is secure. on this one the bezel isn't a tight fit and comes off if you catch the edge on anything resulting in bent hands. Had to resort to gluing it in place with a touch of epoxy.

JohnPilot

Want one like this, great looking.

Enjoy.

ebzen02

Lovely leather strap, where do you pick that up from as now I got the bug thinking of getting one of these Rolex Daytona but have to say prefer it with this strap

Donerix...Every so often he has a sale and these can be picked up for a good price. They are beautiful straps..

greg_r

Wearing it today as it happens...

6263-180913.JPG