Sign in to follow this  
KBH

Another pocket watch conversion!

KBH

I finished putting together the Arnex pocket watch conversion I mentioned earlier. I went with the rose gold case but unfortunately it's only available with solid case back. For now I've got a clear SS back and it actually looks pretty good. Matched with a Sead real croc strap and a Hadley Roma deployent buckle. Very comfortable and has collected a few nice comments when I've had it on.

Maybe sometime later I'll change the dial. It should take a lot of different dials since it's an Eta 6498 movement. For now, I really like it as it is. The movement is pretty much dead on as far as timekeeping and has a power reserve of 50 hour.

As you can see with the 2nd picture, I temporarily had it in a 183 case. That didn't look too bad either.

Arnex1.jpg

DSCN3460.jpg

DSCN3587.jpg

DSCN3597.jpg

DSCN3603.jpg

DSCN3604.jpg

DSCN3609.jpg

houndoggie

These are looking great! Let me know know when you want to sell one of them.

greg_r

That looks wonderful - great job!

pollux1

Is there any way you would consider building and selling one similar to the one pictured in the 183 case? I want one badly! Beautiful watch!

KBH
Is there any way you would consider building and selling one similar to the one pictured in the 183 case? I want one badly! Beautiful watch!

If I come across another donor watch, I'd be happy to.

pollux1

If I come across another donor watch, I'd be happy to.

You just made my day! Shoot me a pm if you come across one, thank you!

trailboss99

Nice watch!

Col.

mtt.tr

thats was what i was thinking of doing

KBH

I think the secret is out. I've bid on about 12 pocket watches and PW movements in the last couple of weeks and the prices are just getting too high. Haven't scored a one.

mtt.tr

I think the secret is out. I've bid on about 12 pocket watches and PW movements in the last couple of weeks and the prices are just getting too high. Haven't scored a one.

there is some real cheap Chinese stuff

sconehead

I've been doing the same...hope we're not bidding on the same ones, I'm looking at Hamilton 917s...4mins left on one I'm sniping at this very moment...

mtt.tr

I've been doing the same...hope we're not bidding on the same ones, I'm looking at Hamilton 917s...4mins left on one I'm sniping at this very moment...

did you lose it

KBH

Yep, Hamilton 917s and Waltham 10s. I'm giving looking up for a while.

sconehead

Just won a 917 for $39 shipped, don't know if it's a bargain or not but it's cheaper than most I've seen go for lately...

mtt.tr

Just won a 917 for $39 shipped, don't know if it's a bargain or not but it's cheaper than most I've seen go for lately...

Had me fingers crossed for ya

and well done on the win

also this could make a good tutorial

sconehead

and well done on the win

You dropping a hint? :facepalm:

mtt.tr

and well done on the win

You dropping a hint? :facepalm:

could be lol is it a to obvious hint lol although it would be a useful bit of text

JohnG

SUPER sexy watch - wow, I really love it!

Someday I will steal some ideas from you....

jameo210369

They look great KBH

KBH

Thank you Jameo. I'm hoping to see some of John's new projects pretty soon.

oscarmadfish
:rolleyes: