Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

*UPDATE* Louis Vuitton Keepall 55 arrived today :(

jeffw69

What's up with him, why won't he except refund? He can talk all he wants, bag still isn't what you wanted. Can't you involve some mods on rwg to sort this out?

Well, unfortunately he is admin over there as well as being a TD :(

trailboss99
i do need some kind of solid evidence of that

Ship it to Graman and have him set fire to it on KB's front lawn.

That should do the trick :lol:

andygt

Jeff, can you post your QC pics? Be interested to see them and also see if they appear on any ioffer listings.

You could ask him if he'd be happy for you to perform the "lighter test" that all the market sellers do to prove its real leather :)

jeffw69

Jeff, can you post your QC pics? Be interested to see them and also see if they appear on any ioffer listings.

You could ask him if he'd be happy for you to perform the "lighter test" that all the market sellers do to prove its real leather :)

I didn't get QC pics, just a pic of what he could get for me(sort of a product offering).

What's the lighter test? to see if it melts?

andygt

Can you post the ones he sent?

Yeah if its real leather it'll just shrink a little, if its not leather then you end up with a nice air vent :)

RichardMiami

I didn't get QC pics, just a pic of what he could get for me(sort of a product offering).

What's the lighter test? to see if it melts?

I have seen it done several times. They take a Bic-type lighter on high, so the flame is long, and run it up and down the surface of the bag (fairly quickly). No melt = Leather, Melt = Plastic.

kolchak

What's up with him, why won't he except refund? He can talk all he wants, bag still isn't what you wanted. Can't you involve some mods on rwg to sort this out?

Well, unfortunately he is admin over there as well as being a TD :(

I'd let him know I intend to leave feedback about unhappiness with quality of product / pleather. He may not want to risk losing lots of future sales of this bag by not returning yours.

jeffw69

Ok, here is the pic he e-mailed me as the product offering(QC):

666a2a9f.jpg

Chiquita Fanjita

Is that the only pic he sent you Jeff? Its kinda small to make anything out on.

jeffw69

Is that the only pic he sent you Jeff? Its kinda small to make anything out on.

yup only pic, and it was sent as a pic of what he could get, he didn't send actual QC pics as he is a dropshipper and never saw my bag.

:fuck:

Gazillionaire

Have you checked any other reviews of this bag if there are any?

jeffw69

I didn't find any other reviews.

trailboss99

That doesn't look the same as what you got mate.

Gazillionaire

I didn't find any other reviews.

No me neither just looked :(. Maybe as some have said it just has a pleather feel etc even though it's leather,is there not somewhere you can take it locally to a leathersmith or the like and see what they say. Yes I know it's a rep just chat them up before showing them. If you were in the UK I would say go to a local Market but not sure what the equivalent would be for you. My point being that if it isn't leather then KB has definitely supplied you false goods and you are entitled to a refund, but if it is leather then looks like you may have to just bite the bullet and accept you paid far too much for a rep. Does seem bloody expensive even if it is fantastic, it's still a rep at the end of the day and the Mark up on it will be horrendous, as it will have cost pence or a few pound at most to manufacture initially. I definitely wouldn't pay that for one unless it was the gen!!! But anyway find out if Its genuine leather, leather guys who work with it will know instantly.

jeffw69

Well I paid via CC on Paypal and item is significantly not as described.

andygt

Hard to tell from that picture, it's nearly as small as Sconey's winky.

jeffw69

Hard to tell from that picture, it's nearly as small as Sconey's winky.

:lol:

I should have known better!

Greg advised that I politely insist on a refund.

RichardMiami

Maybe as some have said it just has a pleather feel etc even though it's leather,is there not somewhere you can take it locally to a leathersmith or the like and see what they say.

This idea makes sense.... consider taking it into a local shoe repair shop, tell him you are being sold this, but are not sure if it is leather or synthetic. I am sure that pics will never tell the story as well as an expert who can touch the item in person.

jeffw69

I guess that I could take it to a local shoe repair shop.

The thing is, I know what leather feels and looks like.

I have had many wallets, shoes, jackets, etc.

Also, regardless what an expert at shoe store says, this thing is crap and I wouldn't be caught dead in public with it.

:fuck:

trailboss99

Well I paid via CC on Paypal and item is significantly not as described.

Well as you know that is very much a last resort and I'd be disappointed if KB lets it go that far.

jeffw69

Yes, definitely a last resort, I totally understand.

Caliper

don't understand why he can't take it back and refund it.

greg_r

I think we're all having that problem, Caliper...

Gazillionaire

I dare say he will, it's like any seller really stall and hopefully the problem goes away ie the buyer gives up and accepts the loss. From all the positive feedback I've seen for KB I'm sure you'll be fine Jeff.

Gazillionaire

To be fair Jeff I personally wouldn't have posted this thread either, as Ken will surely see it and it'll piss him off which doesn't help your cause. May be you should have waited until you had contacted ken about a refund and gone through that process and then eventually if he refused you then for no good reason, complain. Too late now though, just hope you get your wedge back ;)