Sign in to follow this  
jeffw69

*UPDATE* Louis Vuitton Keepall 55 arrived today :(

Gazillionaire

You could always cut it up and make yourself some hot-pants and a gimp mask ;)

jeffw69

Well, I have asked for either an exchange or a refund and am awaiting a response.

jeffw69

Here is the latest :fuck:

KB said:

Jeff how can I exchange the bag when all you can say is that in your opinion the bag is not leather.

I spent an hour grilling my sales rep yesterday, the same person who has worked with me for 5 years and the same person that hand checked the bag before it shipped.

I showed her your pic's and asked her detailed questions about the bag, she swears the bag is the same Epi leather bag that we have shipped to many customers for the past 5 years.

Give me something tangible if you believe otherwise, what you need to understand is that if the bag has been swapped it is a very serious charge and I would hate to be the person who did so when the factories people catch up to him, it's an illegal trade Jeff so please don't make the claim on a whim, check the bag out carefully and tell me exactly why you believe it is not leather.

You need to understand that bags made with PU are not cheap because of the material (a canvas keepall from me is still $290), the PU bags are cheap because they are poorly made.

Those who use PU do so because they want to make the cheapest bags they can and this includes cutting many corners in production.

Look at how well your bag is made, that is your best guide that you do not have a cheap knock off.

Now read my reviews, you will see problems do arise, they include missing goods, wrong goods and even damaged goods...never cheap goods...and all are looked after even if it leaves me out of pocket.

The thing is all these customer can, and do, show solid proof to back their claims, without this proof the factory will not exchange and my sales rep will not refund.

The fact is that after reviewing everything so far I am certain the problem lies with you not knowing the product.

Please if you honestly believe I have this wrong then give me something to take to my people.

Cheers

Ken

So now I have to PROVE I have a shitty product?

WTF!!!

Creechin

Note to self.... Don't buy from KB

I hope you get this sorted Jeff

Caliper

It appears it's your word against his sales rep.

Guess the only thing left to do is to get the leather check if it's real or not like mentioned before.

At least he's kept contact with you, good luck, keep us posted.

Chiquita Fanjita

Try the lighter test to see if it melts then that should be proof enough ;)

Caliper, I've just spent the last few mins getting hypnotised by your avatar :lol:

RichardMiami

Jeff

I know that you should NOT have to do this, but just to satisfy any lingering doubts, take it to a shoe store, or similar. That should resolve any issues. If KB still balks after that, send him back the bag and initiate the CC dispute. That is how I would end this.

jeffw69

Jeff

I know that you should NOT have to do this, but just to satisfy any lingering doubts, take it to a shoe store, or similar. That should resolve any issues. If KB still balks after that, send him back the bag and initiate the CC dispute. That is how I would end this.

OK, I am off to the store this a.m.

Of course, the PROBLEM is me not knowing the product.....

Great customer service!!!

watchseeker12

If youre actually serious on the lighter test, a video should be sufficient evidence.

watchseeker12

Visiting the store may more so work for your peace of mind. But i doubt it'll help you much with proving yourself given that it is confirmed to be fake at the store. An easy argument: who's to say you didn't just make everything up.

jeffw69

Visiting the store may more so work for your peace of mind. But i doubt it'll help you much with proving yourself given that it is confirmed to be fake at the store. An easy argument: who's to say you didn't just make everything up.

Well I just might have to visit the hoighty toighty mall in NJ and see if I can find the gen to compare.

http://www.shopshorthills.com/directory/louis_vuitton

I don't know about you guys, but $320 isn't exactly throw away money.

Generally, you buy something, even replica, and you expect at least HALF DECENT quality, right?

greg_r

Right!

DarkGlass

I would do the lighter test as suggested and video it, if its not leather and catches fire then there is your proof, if it doesn't catch fire then it's leather.

At the end of the day your not going to use it anyway so really wheres the harm.

The service you have had so far is pretty shocking

RichardMiami

Having seen it done, I am not a fan of the flame test. Leather will burn if you do it too slowly. Of course, if you do it too quickly, it will prove nothing, and nothing will burn.

I would personally rather have an expert opinion instead of arguing whether I held the lighter too close to the object, too far, too long a time, too short, etc. etc. etc.

jeffw69

With the smell of chemicals on this fucker, I am afraid that it would combust :lol:

Chiquita Fanjita

With the smell of chemicals on this fucker, I am afraid that it would combust :lol:

:rofl:

Gazillionaire

Yeah check the gen in the LV shop aswell as I've been looking at photos of the gen and they do look like thin cheap crap vinyl things anyway!

Also I know a lot of gen LV leather products have a synthetic coating applied, not sure about the EPI line but it's another thing to be aware of. Shoe store and Gen store then report back Sir!!

jeffw69

Yeah check the gen in the LV shop aswell as I've been looking at photos of the gen and they do look like thin cheap crap vinyl things anyway!

Thanks Gaz, I am heading there today.

The bad thing is that there is also an Omega boutique at that mall as well, and I've been looking for an excuse to pick up the new Liquid Metal PO. :)

Gazillionaire

Thanks Gaz, I am heading there today.

The bad thing is that there is also an Omega boutique at that mall as well, and I've been looking for an excuse to pick up the new Liquid Metal PO.

Lol two birds with one stone, even better!! :)

sconehead

Tssssssssssk...big girl...you've never lit a fart?

RichardMiami

Tssssssssssk...big girl...you've never lit a fart?

:ttiwwop:

jeffw69

Jeff, careful you don't get banned and blacklisted: http://www.rwg.cc/to...paypal-dispute/

Andy,

I just read that whole thread.

The difference in that case is that KB offered refund, exchange, etc.- In my case, he doesn't want to do shit, but tell me that I am no expert and I don't know the product.

He is taking no responsibility that perhaps he sent a crappy product. And given that he never sees the fucking product, that is bullshit!

Buyer in that thread received shitty products and filed PP dispute, freezing KB PP account.

I have been very patient with KB and frankly, his customer service fucking sucks.

I have not started a PP dispute, but clearly, in PP terms, I have received an item "significantly different than described".

As far as being blacklisted on rwg.cc, I really am hardly ever there, this place here is my home, you guys here rock and I enjoy my time here thoroughly :)

RichardMiami

That thread is very revealing. As I read it, KB decided, in the interests of fairness and feeling comfortable that he was without error in the transaction, to use his powers as Moderator to ban the dude, so that KB could feel free to state his case without any dispute??????????????

Is it just me?? or is that ridiculous?

pollux1

It would seem that way Richard, I thought Ken was a stand up guy, surely he would make right.