Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Panerai 247...The One No One Knows About..

ebzen02

So these are a few pics I just took of the 247.. I have been cheerleading the damn thing and rightly so. The watch does rock!! Here are the pics!

BTW... This is the rep strap and it measures 133/80 extact !

6676610723_e3e67a57b1_b.jpg

6676585387_7fccc1c50e_b.jpg

6676562831_c9c0698a8a_b.jpg

6676536059_10d1fc7049_b.jpg

6676514229_0d03ec0071_b.jpg

6676495403_2661e3a5a4_b.jpg

6676485639_b778a5614f_b.jpg

6676599123_d16aa15776_b.jpg

jeffw69

Looks very nice!

Whose signature on the caseback?

ebzen02

This Panerai was a Special Edition release for the Ferretti Italian watch boutique and only 20 were produce. The sig is Ferretti's :) BTW, this watch is essential a 111 with a closed CB, which is kinda cool! The strap is mind blowing for a Chinese rep strap.. never seen such quality in replica calf straps. This strap can sell easily for $80-$100.

Baldrick

Excuse me for being an idiot, but in WHAT way does this ROCK, what makes this different from the VAST plethora of all other base 111 models, give it to me full on, don't hold back and emphasise clearly, the 'distinguishing' DIFFERENCES that should dictate why I should buy this and why you hold it in such reverence B)

sconehead

Tsssssssssssk, hater...:P

junkyudog

Is this watch real or replica? If it's replica, how much is it and where can I buy it?

Thanks!

Luthier

The only difference is closed caseback?

Pfefff...

But watch is nice, and strap just great. Despite on shaggy edges.

ebzen02

@Balders.. The fact that this watch cost $178 shipped EMS (3 days from China to Miami) and has the quality nearing OEM, makes this watch Rock! For those that like to tinker with builds (especially Pre-V), this watch offers great potential as it does not have a hex tub and the case is great. The CG is also nice because it doesn't have a roller ball.. The xtal is xtal clear without the shitty hues of purple or blue. The strap alone is worth it over other 111's.. So, there you go!

ebzen02

The only difference is closed caseback?

Pfefff...

But watch is nice, and strap just great. Despite on shaggy edges.

Those shaggy edges will smooth out with wear--give it a couple of months. Many great straps (especially vintage) have those shaggy edges..not a sign of inferiority.

ebzen02

Also, "the only difference is closed CB?" Makes a huge difference.. No need to worry about the movement showing. That is the main difference why this Rocks over the 111 rep..

jeffw69

Tsssssssssssk, hater... :P

:brightlight:

Luthier

So, who's your dealer?

ebzen02

This was my first buy from Trevor..

Baldrick

I'm not saying it isn't nice, I'm not saying it offers less than other base 111's and I can understand the desire :blink: to have something that prolly needs less modding than others, but...ROCKS....FFS....come on....even the GENUINE doesn't rock B)

watch.aholic

That's a nice alternative to the 111.....with the closed back it's less susceptible to scrutiny

opus9

I am confused..yes its a lovely watch. I have two pams one a Luminor and one a Radiomir...I have to ask the question, is there a massive difference between all these 005,111, blah blah blah..I get the difference between the obvious dial changes,divers,chronos etc..but most luminors all look the same to me? or am I missing something really basic....?( yes before you say it... intelligence!)

re the watch..Strap nice,watch nice,price nice...enjoy.

greg_r

Nice, zen. If I didn't already have a 111m I'd be tempted...

Baldrick

Apart from the closed back and Feretti sig, I can't see any significant differences between it and these 5-6 year old versions, so IMO, 'ROCKS'..smacks of hype B)

3580448338_5d49f2d4aa_o.jpg

ding.jpg

2dtyy5ycopy.jpg

132PANERAI111G1.jpg

166PANERAI111HBEST1.jpg

311PANERAI111G2.jpg

g.man

I like this. Been after a 111 with a closed CB.

thread rocks

g.man

Member X

Is it highbeat or lowbeat?

AR?

One more for the list... :lol:

solkryssare

Good looking Pam. And that strap does indeed look stunning for the money.

sconehead

First the JMB, now this 247...what gives Zen??? raremodelwatchwhore... :D

10:10 Watch Repair

Excuse me for being an idiot, but in WHAT way does this ROCK, what makes this different from the VAST plethora of all other base 111 models, give it to me full on, don't hold back and emphasise clearly, the 'distinguishing' DIFFERENCES that should dictate why I should buy this and why you hold it in such reverence B)

Obviously because you can fool young Italian girls into thinking you're one of the only 20 Ferretti boutique employees who got the watch, and they will instantly have sex with you.

madmaxx

Obviously because you can fool young Italian girls into thinking you're one of the only 20 Ferretti boutique employees who got the watch, and they will instantly have sex with you.

LOL

Lovely watch

ebzen02

Baldy. Baldy. Baldy.

This is why I bought this again.

1. I don't own a 111

2. It has hands down one of the best xtals in a rep (single sided AR). Clear, not one iota of tint of anything anywhere!! BTW, for those that know the BigMatt xtal, this xtal rivals that.

3. It has a closed CB, which "I" prefer

4. It does not have a roller ball CG Lever like every other new 111

5. It has a high beat movement

6. I can use the case if I wanted to build a Pre-V watch.. Personal Issue and preference

7. The strap is the best rep strap ever produce. People pay top dollar for the quality of this strap.

8. It is 2012 and not 2004..

If you have a 111 and are happy with it, then I am happy for you and you really don't need this! Baldy, that includes you!