Sign in to follow this  
ebzen02

Panerai 247...The One No One Knows About..

seoulbrova

i saw this on another forum a while ago and was really close to buying...but the highly limited # would seem to be a bigger tell than the clear back on the 111.

looks fantastic though, as does that strap. can that strap be ordered separately?

seoulbrova

Baldy. Baldy. Baldy.

This is why I bought this again.

1. I don't own a 111

2. It has hands down one of the best xtals in a rep (single sided AR). Clear, not one iota of tint of anything anywhere!! BTW, for those that know the BigMatt xtal, this xtal rivals that.

3. It has a closed CB, which "I" prefer

4. It does not have a roller ball CG Lever like every other new 111

5. It has a high beat movement

6. I can use the case if I wanted to build a Pre-V watch.. Personal Issue and preference

7. The strap is the best rep strap ever produce. People pay top dollar for the quality of this strap.

8. It is 2012 and not 2004..

If you have a 111 and are happy with it, then I am happy for you and you really don't need this! Baldy, that includes you!

What is the roller ball CG lever and how is it different from the 111?

Frankt8242

Well...once again Baldrick stole my thunder!!

While this is indeed a well made rep of a very scarce gen Pam, there is absolutely nothing about it that's worthy of a whole sentence of superlatives...It's a nice Pam rep, that looks like maybe a dozen OTHER nice pam reps!!

When I read the subject line, I was expecting to see something like I had never seen before....FAIL!!!

ebzen02

Frankie and baldy... kiss my ass! :)

sconehead

...short, concise and to the point...I like it...:lol:

greg_r

+1!!! :D

RichardMiami

Wow.. a thread hijacked by an argument over the use of adjectives! Awesome!!! [/sarcasm]

g.man

Does this "Trevor" chap have a website?

regards

g.man

sconehead

...he's a dealer over at RWI mate...;)

g.man

Thought as much. I'm not a member there though. Does he have an email address I can contact him at?

regards

g.man

g.man

Super.

thanks mate

g.man

jeffw69

Frankie and baldy... kiss my ass! :)

:rofl:

Member X

Trevor's email [email protected]

His catalogue http://trevorwatch.v.yupoo.com/

Hope this helps.

Just thought I'd post a couple of things on this because I am getting sorely tempted by this... :facepalm::lol:

I've always wanted a closed CB sandwich dial and this seems to be the only one I've seen that exists as a gen!

Trevor's pics are here: http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/4146439/

And Trusty's pics and a video are here:

http://imgur.com/a/A12ju

http://vimeo.com/33962662

It's a good job it's CNY or I'd be emailing a Trusted Dealer about now I think... :facepalm:

mapman57

Great deal from Trevor - the set of parts alone are probably worth more than the watch?

Always makes me wonder how this can be a $75 less than a 111M?

Great pick up Zen..................

chibiunko

Why would you want a closed back.

The movement is so beautiful.

It's one of the best parts about the 111.

Member X

It's also a giveaway to someone looking at it ;) so a closed caseback circumvents this problem! :D

cremona

I agree with the whole closed caseback making this watch seem less believable. I mean a run of 20! That is RARE. Any idea what a gen would go for if someone dare put it up for sale?

Baldrick
Baldy. Baldy. Baldy.

1. I don't own a 111

2. It has hands down one of the best xtals in a rep (single sided AR). Clear, not one iota of tint of anything anywhere!! BTW, for those that know the BigMatt xtal, this xtal rivals that.

6. I can use the case if I wanted to build a Pre-V watch.. Personal Issue and preference

7. The strap is the best rep strap ever produce. People pay top dollar for the quality of this strap.

Ahhh.....alles klar....'krystal klar'...in fact it's even clearer than BigMat's xtal, and we all know how clear that was, it was clearer than a clear thing, clearly handwashed to the point of metaphysical and supranatural clearness....so clear that one could actually see right thru' it, especially on a clear day.. :rolleyes: .. .what could I possibly be thinking, a cathartic moment is upon me, like Paul on the road to Damascus..... it's staring me straight in the face, especially as the strap is the best strap EVER produced, no other strap in the annals of historical horology (hysterical methinks) has matched the messianic majesty of this strap and from this day forward, the cry shall echo in the hills, valleys, canyons and mountains, that there shall be no other strap but the one and only true strap, the EBZEN strap, amen, prostrate thyself before the majesty of the Holy 247..the Holy Xtal and the Holy Strap.... Praise the Strap and give thanks to the Strap...for the Strap is the way ....(cue Handel)....Hallelujah...Hallelujah...Hall...ay...loo....yah B)

Your arse has now been kissed ;)

Gazillionaire
Baldy. Baldy. Baldy.

1. I don't own a 111

Ahhh.....alles klar....'krystal klar'...in fact it's even clearer than BigMat's xtal, and we all know how clear that was, it was clearer than a clear thing, clearly handwashed to the point of metaphysical and supranatural clearness....so clear that one could actually see right thru' it :rolleyes: .. .what could I possibly be thinking, a cathartic moment is upon me, like the road to Damascus..... it's staring me straight in the face, especially as the strap is the best strap EVER produced, no other strap in the annals of historical horology (hysterical methinks) has matched the messianic majesty of this strap and from this day forward, the cry shall echo in the hills, valleys, canyons and mountains, that there shall be no other strap but the one and only true strap, the EBZEN strap, hallelujah, prostrate thyself before the majesty of the Holy 247..the Holy Xtal and the Holy Strap.... Praise the Strap and give thanks to the Strap...for the Strap is the way B)

Your arse has now been kissed ;)

BALDRICK7.jpg

QUOTE: ..TTK...."Replica Watch Forums...fly paper for idiots"!

Velcro-----what a rip-off !!!

So it has a nice strap?!! :lol:

Baldrick

No, profane infidel...it has the best strap EVER made :lol:

Gazillionaire

Excuse me for being an idiot, but in WHAT way does this ROCK, what makes this different from the VAST plethora of all other base 111 models, give it to me full on, don't hold back and emphasise clearly, the 'distinguishing' DIFFERENCES that should dictate why I should buy this and why you hold it in such reverence B)

Obviously because you can fool young Italian girls into thinking you're one of the only 20 Ferretti boutique employees who got the watch, and they will instantly have sex with you.

Well damn, payment sent!! ;)

Gazillionaire
No, profane infidel...it has the best strap EVER made :lol:

BALDRICK7.jpg

QUOTE: ..TTK...."Replica Watch Forums...fly paper for idiots"!

Velcro-----what a rip-off !!!

:lol: Is it made from the rump of a Virgin Wagyu Cow then??

sam77

beautiful combo strap/watch good taste :q5:

where can i buy this strap

thanks.