Sign in to follow this  
Cyril_Clunge

What do we think chaps?

Cyril_Clunge

Seems cheap, fake or gen but with a mugging waiting when you turn up with cash?

Might help if I posted the sodding link!

http://www.gumtree.c...ery-item-full-2

Amit

when they guys uses the word warn in his sentence, i'd like to be wary.

greg_r

The question is: if you agree to buy but insist on validation at an AD, will he show up? ;)

kwatch

The bezel pearl looks wonky (too protruding), but it might just be the way the picture is taken. I'd say have him take it to a AD and get it verified. Then you'll know for sure.

Caliper

My rule for Rolex will always be:

Never ever buy a Rolex online

diegosaenz

What I think is that he couldn't have taken worse pictures.

And how he is already pushing you into buying it by saying "If I find the papers I'll raise the cost of the watch."

I say scam.

Baldrick

It's a genuine, no rep yet made can quite capture the richness and quality of the two tone blue genuine, the CG's are correct, the clasp engraving much better than the reps, he obviously knows that without paperwork the watch is depreciated, if as he says he finds the paperwork he knows he can sell it at the appropriate market value, the fact that he's willing to go to an AD ( in London of all places, take your pick ) shows that he's confident of it's provenance, anyone who's fearful of being robbed, only has to organise the meet in the AD, if he doesn't show then you know he was trawling for a victim, "seemples" as Aleksandr would say ;)

@sup,

You're joking right?, because the guy makes a typo for the word 'worn' that makes you wary... :lol:...you must be absolutely terrified of entering this site daily....not to mention viewing your own posts :rofl:

Luthier

Seems cheap, fake or gen but with a mugging waiting when you turn up with cash?

Might help if I posted the sodding link!

http://www.gumtree.c...ery-item-full-2

Strange thing - all TT Subs I've seen at ADs, had sunburst dials, only SS Subs had plain painted dials... Everything else seems genuine.

A-4.jpg

B-1.jpg

Amit

It's a genuine, no rep yet made can quite capture the richness and quality of the two tone blue genuine, the CG's are correct, the clasp engraving much better than the reps, he obviously knows that without paperwork the watch is depreciated, if as he says he finds the paperwork he knows he can sell it at the appropriate market value, the fact that he's willing to go to an AD ( in London of all places, take your pick ) shows that he's confident of it's provenance, anyone who's fearful of being robbed, only has to organise the meet in the AD, if he doesn't show then you know he was trawling for a victim, "seemples" as Aleksandr would say ;)

@sup,

You're joking right?, because the guy makes a typo for the word 'worn' that makes you wary... :lol:...you must be absolutely terrified of entering this site daily....not to mention viewing your own posts :rofl:

Yea i didn't do myself any favours granted with my own typo.

lol

Silverspeed

The older TT Sub had the "sunburts" dial (16613) the one in the Gumtree AD is the 166613 with the "Maxi dial" with larger hands and hourmarkers, ceramic bezel insert and a plain coloured dial.

964boy

2010 should be 116613LB (light blue) it's difficult to see on the pics but the crown on the rehaust lines up with 12 but the rolex engraving letters don't seem to line up with the minute markers. If this is the case it's fake.16613LB