Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

When did TD's start selling GEN?

seoulbrova

So I purchased a few PAMs for friends and noticed this. The outline surrounding the lume on one of the dials. I noticed the other reps didn't have this outline as the lume was filled to the edge.

imag1193.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag1194.jpg

Now notice the dial on the gen

pam1m.jpg

Same type of thin border around the numbers and markers. This "deepness" creates a slight 3D sandwich dial effect even though it's a sausage dial.

Pretty close eh?

Caliper

guess you got lucky

congratz, don't tell your friends yours is better :giggle:

wat44

ok ok - how much do you want for it?

Member X

Is this Noob or H-Factory?

seoulbrova

Noob factory. I purchased 3 Noobs and thought this one had the mistakes as the others had lume filled to the edges. It looked as if the lume was higher than the dial which I thought was normal for a sausage dial. I started researching because I was planning on contacting the TD and asking why the lume wasn't done to the edges. After some research, come to find out that the gen dials are done the same way.

gB.

Maybe the factory accidentally grabbed the gen dial from the one they bought and tore down in order to "replicate 1:1 using gen as sample", and mistakenly put it into the rep you bought? It happens from time to time. 'Tis true...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KeNnY

Maybe the factory accidentally grabbed the gen dial from the one they bought and tore down in order to "replicate 1:1 using gen as sample", and mistakenly put it into the rep you bought? It happens from time to time. 'Tis true...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

seoulbrova

i'd be curious to see macro shots of other sausage dials to see if they look similar.

i do know it was the most recent noob factory offering, no idea what letter that would be.

Luthier

I was planning on contacting the TD and asking why the lume wasn't done to the edges.

Predicted answer - "How the fuck do I know??? What is "lume", by the way?"

:rofl:

seoulbrova

no way Luth, bought from Mary...when you see her, please thank her for sending me a gen :thumbsup: