Sign in to follow this  
onionbag

PAM111 6497 problem.

onionbag

I've just received my PAM111 from Torobravo. I gave it a quick wind and set the time, some time later I noticed that the hour and minute hands had not advanced.

The running seconds is still going but the crown seems to be not going completely home.

When pushed in and turned hand setting still occurs, and obviously the same happens at the hand setting position.

Is it gubbed?

greg_r

sounds like there's a problem with the keyless works and the stem isn't going back into the winding position. It happens occasionally. I'd have a word with Toro about it

cremona

On my PAM 112 of probably lesser quality, after setting the time it takes a couple of really small turns forward and back to lock the time in. However, not sure if this is a common issue due to my piece being of inferior quality.

onionbag

Thanks greg, the keyless works thought was running thru' my head. I'll drop Toro a line.

Thanks also cremona for your answer.

Member X

It sounds like you need to unscrew the stem screw slightly, then withdraw and replace the stem (after removing the Crownguard, obviously ;)) - that usually seems to fix these issues with it not quite disengaging from one position or the other!

Speak to Toro first though, he may well say return it for checking/fixing, and if you've already played around with it then he (or any other dealer) couldn't guarantee it wasn't you being a numpty when you tried to fix it ;):lol: lol

onionbag

Thanks X, numptyism is an aspiration for me.....if only. :D