Sign in to follow this  
bluebasil

Newbie - No Purchase yet

bluebasil

So, I ended up here because I was trying to find out if there was a reliable way to purchase a replica of the Tag Heuer Silverstone that I had become besotted with. Of course, now I am here I realise that it is possible to reliably purchase such a thing. I've also realised that there are other things I had never heard of that are easy to become besotted with, Panerai for one :) Oh, and then torobravos has Belstaff replica jackets!!! This could become more expensive than I expected.

For now I am looking at the previously mentioned Tag, seems like it will be quartz and will be in the $110 range. I'm also thinking of the PAM 111 'for beginners' that Torobravos has for $125. What should be my expectations of the reps at this price range? Not so much in the accuracy of the replica but more in the general quality of what I am buying? Should I expect the watch to keep time and not fall apart? Is it reasonable to expect a build quality similar to if I bought a $100 Diesel/Vestal/Aeromatic watch from Watchismo? Do I get less watch because I have chosen a replica?

fletch1971

Welcome bluebasil and yes you are right, you will start spending more money than you ever thought.

You will get a good watch for your money that yes, will keep time and not fall apart.

There are people here that know much more than I do about this and I'm sure they will be along soon to offer their advice/opinions.

Welcome

myaz

Expectations are very subjective. Quality of the reps is surprising excellent, subjectively, for me. Popular models have best incentive for being closest to the gen.

Quartz reps keep perfect time. As for the others, depends upon the movement.

if you just want a quick purchase, get the quartz Tag or a mechanical Rolex or PAM. You won't be disappointed.

If you want to stick around and enjoy the hobby, then start reading and savoring. Welcome, BTW.

Luthier

How about you read our threads for a few days, and then you'll know a lot more?

Welcome to the forum of the best Belstaff, Adidas and Burrberry fakes!

:D

onionbag

Hello and welcome. Torobravo's PAM111 at $125 is a steal!! Fantastic quality of fit and finish.

Nisv

Hi Bluebasil, welcome :)

robznet

Yeah - toro's "starter 111" is excellent, you won't go wrong with that one. Welcome to RWG my friend!

jeffw69

You really can't go wrong with Toro.

Welcome!

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

Buds

Welcome, i second all of the above :)

bluebasil

Thanks guys for the welcomes. I'll be sure to post pictures when I make a purchase. It's become pretty clear to me that many of the threads here are useless without pictures :)

Still not sure, cheap quartz Tag or cheap mechanical PAM. Maybe both. I think that would satisfy me for some time.

Luthier

Cheapbastardwhore...

Tits McGee

Read, Read, Read....then ask a question. Answer will more than likely be.....Read. Once you've decided what you want....ask members what they think of what you chose. Then use ONLY the trusted dealers here & you should be fine. READ!

Creechin

Two words.......... Trusted Dealers

And................. Join the family and upgrade to VIP

Don't forget Section 8

Gazillionaire
Cheapbastardwhore...

You really know how to Make new members feel welcome Luth! :lmao:

And Welcome Bluebasil, Enjoy the forum :thumbsup2:

diegosaenz

PAM 111 my best choice ever! Use the search tool, it will be your best buddy.