Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Sterile Black Dial B&R BR01 homage

Member X

Well, I'm pleased to say that Parnis has once again come up trumps :rofl:

This is a beast! :D

Won it off ebay for a little more than I wanted but I was willing to pay that bit more to make sure I got one.

I'm pleased to say it was a good buy ;)

Chunky as hell, too chunky for a gen 01-92 and nearer an 01-94 size I think, but it's SOLID. Finish is good, some very slight imperfections in the metalwork, but nothing that I'm bothered about. Crown isn't screwdown and is sticking out from the case by about 0.5mm, as you can see in the pics, but that's not life and death, probably just a slightly too long stem. Strap is correct shape for gen B&R and amazingly good for the price, soft and pliable and (shock!) I don't have to have it on the last hole! The seconds hand sweep is pretty good but, as with any lower beat asian auto movement, it's not as smooth as gen, especially not with how long the hand is. AR is excellent, hex screws are tight, and the seller only charge me an extra $7 to get an extra set of screws, bars, and also the correct size tool to do them up. :rofl: Lume is the usual affair and is sadly non-existent on the hands, but I think I might spend the extra money and get Ziggy to lume it as I reckon this one will be a long term thing...

Overall I love it and would highly recommend it. It's my new favourite watch! It's great as a casual watch and is understated enough to be worn at work, looking classy with the good SS finish, despite the large size. I have skinny <7"/<17cm wrists but it still looks alright, so don't hesitate! :)

dscf1731.jpg

dscf1732w.jpg

dscf1734az.jpg

dscf1735.jpg

dscf1736j.jpg

dscf1737o.jpg

dscf1739y.jpg

dscf1742.jpg

dscf1743z.jpg

dscf1745.jpg

KinCaidk

Nice, I really like that watch. It's clean, big and rugged.

Any lume on it? EDIT: Never mind, I was too busy looking at the pictures, so I didn't read the text!

houndoggie

Very nice!

Congrats on your big Parnis.

oscarmadfish

nice clock lol :rofl:

Member X
Congrats on your big Parnis.

Why thank you :rofl: lol

Just measured it - it's 12mm deep! :rofl:

Member X

I'm pleased to say that thanks to ebay I have recently won three straps for this and my other BR01 homages! :D

I'll post them in the different threads for each watch head as I've pretty much picked which watches they're going to stay on (I cba to swap them over, plus I think they look best on the chosen ones lol) but this is the black calf with black stitch that I won :woo:

dscf2572.jpg

dscf2575.jpg

dscf2591h.jpg

dscf2598x.jpg

dscf2600.jpg

Very happy with it :)

dingle

looks good X! :D