Sign in to follow this  
frimble

What's with all the Panerai love?

frimble

Blinking heck ... what did he do? Gulp I know I've only just started posting but it's not great if you think I'm him!! I'm deffo not 5 if that helps ... sadly I'm bogged down in the 40somethings!

grb
IMGP1872.jpg

Gazillionaire

Blinking heck ... what did he do? Gulp I know I've only just started posting but it's not great if you think I'm him!! I'm deffo not 5 if that helps ... sadly I'm bogged down in the 40somethings!

:lmao:

To understand and indeed catch the Panerai disease, you have to be in contact with a modern rep Pam, physical contact. Photos and talk will not suffice, although this will however induce the feeling of need and fascination for the brand. Strap addiction is a direct result of Pam addiction and follows almost instantaneously after.

And why all this Hoohaa about Panerai, simple, it's the quality of the reps which is frankly superb, the wide range of models, the coolness of the brand and the not too unrealistic price of the gens...the list goes on. Be warned you may want a watch that is not a panerai now (slim watch althought the radiomir's are quite slim)) and by all means find what your heart currently desires and enjoy the watch you buy :) most modern reps are top quality(the one's purchased from the TD's), but Panerai will get you, maybe not today, maybe not next month but it will and sooner rather than later...you can run but you can't hide! 'PANERAI' It's a fricken virus I tell you!!!!!!!!!

dingle

Just wait till the vintage Pam bug hits.....

:Whistle:

Gazillionaire

Yeah i got that Ding shortly after the Strap addiction hit!! Have Uwe building me a Vintage Pam Egi 47mm ;)

watchseeker12

My IWC Portuguese at 40mm. I put a brown gator strap on which makes it stand out even more.

watchseeker8.jpg

dingle

Yeah i got that Ding shortly after the Strap addiction hit!! Have Uwe building me a Vintage Pam Egi 47mm ;)

Don't forget to get him to do a vintage strap with one of his sewn in buckles....best there is ;)

Gazillionaire

Don't forget to get him to do a vintage strap with one of his sewn in buckles....best there is ;)

Yep, he said he's doing that :) looking forward to it :thumbsup:

vexorg
They all look the same. I have 5, and all different - 090, 196, 253, 308 and 104. But still didn't catch "PAM bug". Yes, nice watches, just one of the brands, that's it. Simple, on the edge of primitivity, most have just 3 or even 2 hands... dial look empty. No, not "clean", but fucking EMPTY.

+1

i have a couple one being a 177. i like it but i have other reps i like a whole lot more. maybe it is strap thing? seems the one who really like pams are also nuts about the 14 million straps they have for them...

kwatch

Do you understand now?

75f4cb10.jpg

Hmmmmmm......I am being drawn by the "force". Tits tell me you know her...payment sent...

Gazillionaire

That's the Panerai Sarah model, available from Crossbones in Texas, great Model, he only ships CONUS though :cry:

guami007

Dont think I'm Tissotman ... was he fat, bald and broke too?

He will be broke if he comes here again... as Greg is going to tell us all where he lives (although I already know this) so that we can go and take a lead pipe to his face.

Yikes?

dave47

Ok I admit they're dead sexy watches but why are they soooooo popular on here? I think the simplicity of the 177 is great and of course I want one but I'm looking for a skinny watch. Pref something with a black dial, clear numbers (not roman numerals) and a silver coloured case. Sounds simple but I'm having a hard time finding one! OK the Patek below would be idea but I'm can't find a rep and a gen is everso slightly out of my price range!!

patek_3939_onlywatch_lg.jpg

They just grow on you, like a beautiful wart (Yeah, I know; weird oxymoron). I didn't like them at first, either; but after getting one and wearing it, perceptions changed. What can I say?

dave

Crusader

Who has the best Sub? and the What's up with Panerai? It should be in FAQ :D

Panerai grows on you, maybe because of the unique lugs and crown guard. Best to try it out and see for yourself. There is a chance you won't like it. Although small...

str8

Beware ... PAM will suck you dry :suck:

watchseeker12

brownstrap.jpg

onbook.jpg

Edited by watchseeker12

ReplicaFromDownunder

Buy a panerai and you'll know why! My favourite watches in my box are Panerai's. I have a PAM 005, PAM 292K and PAM 92 ARKTOS = awesome!

gtwc

:lmao:

To understand and indeed catch the Panerai disease, you have to be in contact with a modern rep Pam, physical contact. Photos and talk will not suffice, although this will however induce the feeling of need and fascination for the brand. Strap addiction is a direct result of Pam addiction and follows almost instantaneously after.

And why all this Hoohaa about Panerai, simple, it's the quality of the reps which is frankly superb, the wide range of models, the coolness of the brand and the not too unrealistic price of the gens...the list goes on. Be warned you may want a watch that is not a panerai now (slim watch althought the radiomir's are quite slim)) and by all means find what your heart currently desires and enjoy the watch you buy :) most modern reps are top quality(the one's purchased from the TD's), but Panerai will get you, maybe not today, maybe not next month but it will and sooner rather than later...you can run but you can't hide! 'PANERAI' It's a fricken virus I tell you!!!!!!!!!

+1000

To know one is to love one (and want many fuckin' more !!!!)

:whiteflag:

tomelina

Pams and superlumes........... I was wondering the same thing? Seems to be the majority of posts on here. Whatever floats your boat I guess?! Not my cup of tea.

Luthier

Still not convinced...

Corv99

It think it is because, they are simplistic and substanstial...... big cases, simple dials...... you can tell exactly what they are from a distance

My downfall was seeing some close up! still haven't pulled trigger on one yet ( have an old one in the box) but will be in the future!

tomelina

Longines Evidenza, now that's my style. Still looking for one after being outbid on E-Bay last week for a used ( or should I say pre-worn one)

diegosaenz

You have to wear it to understand, I like that it doesn't say ROLEX or OMEGA. So I can wear in style and I'm sure no one will be asking me if it is real.

Plus the reps are amazing!

chum_2000_uk

And why all this Hoohaa about Panerai.... the wide range of models....

Erm... yeah... but they all look exactly the same!

tomelina

You have to wear it to understand, I like that it doesn't say ROLEX or OMEGA. So I can wear in style and I'm sure no one will be asking me if it is real.

Plus the reps are amazing!

The reps are probably amazing because they are a big ( ugly) simple, watch that is easy to make, with no small details, chronographs, fine details or intricate watchmaking capability required?!?! Just a thought? That's why the genius in a great rep is making an intricate watch with working functions that is indistinguishible (or similar to at least) from the original

Edited by tomelina