Sign in to follow this  
frimble

What's with all the Panerai love?

dingle

You have to wear it to understand, I like that it doesn't say ROLEX or OMEGA. So I can wear in style and I'm sure no one will be asking me if it is real.

Plus the reps are amazing!

The reps are probably amazing because they are a big ( ugly) simple, watch that is easy to make, with no small details, chronographs, fine details or intricate watchmaking capability required?!?! Just a thought? That's why the genius in a great rep is making an intricate watch with working functions that is indistinguishible (or similar to at least) from the original

You have obviously never seen or know the process of making a handmade vintage panerai dial.......

.....since it is so simple, please let me know if you will make me one, and the price. TIA

:P

jeffw69

You have to wear it to understand, I like that it doesn't say ROLEX or OMEGA. So I can wear in style and I'm sure no one will be asking me if it is real.

The reps are probably amazing because they are a big ( ugly) simple, watch that is easy to make, with no small details, chronographs, fine details or intricate watchmaking capability required?!?! Just a thought? That's why the genius in a great rep is making an intricate watch with working functions that is indistinguishible (or similar to at least) from the original

You have obviously never seen or know the process of making a handmade vintage panerai dial.......

.....since it is so simple, please let me know if you will make me one, and the price. TIA

Fucking Noobs!

chum_2000_uk

It is a fair point though Ding... there aren't exactly too many details on the dial of a PAM to be messed up - not like most of the other manufacturers.

tomelina

It's all relative. I'm suggesting that an intricate smaller watch with numerous functions is more difficult to make, therefore rep. Why else would they be so readily available. Do you disagree with that? I'm not a trusted dealer I suggest you look there before I disappear with your WU cash :giggle:

tomelina

It is a fair point though Ding... there aren't exactly too many details on the dial of a PAM to be messed up - not like most of the other manufacturers.

Exactly, plus you have 50mm to work with with and no functions, rather than 40mm with numerous functions, that's a lot more watch making real estate and no tiny work details. I'm no watchmaker but I know which one I'd have a go at first. Pretty obvious really............. and some super-lum paint. That's always a crowd pleaser

Edited by tomelina

Markliquor

Do you understand now?

75f4cb10.jpg

I wasn't sure at first but I want one now! ;)

Gazillionaire

And why all this Hoohaa about Panerai.... the wide range of models....

Erm... yeah... but they all look exactly the same!

Radiomir's, 1950 style case models, Modern case styles, Submariner models, vintage case models, Ceramic, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Black Dial, Chocolate Dial, White Dial, Blue dial, Tabocco dial blah blah...