Sign in to follow this  
NFleischer

Fine Watches on sale/Authentic watches on sale.com

NFleischer

This site(s) came up recently when GHR was looking at the new Oris Diver. I think he ended up going with JomaShop

anyway. It looks like they are a scam site for gens. The prices are 'Too Good To Be True'. There have been some blogs on the other gen fora

about people being ripped-off by them. The scam is; try to order by CC and it doesn't go through. They ask you to WU money to England

presto, gone! Just to check, I tried to order a Longines today (Diver with ridiculously low price AND add'l 10% off). I tried several times to give my

CC info, and they declined. I'm waiting now for the follow up requesting WU transfer. Stay Away!!

PS- The address they give appears to be here in NYC- in West Harlem? Appears to be fishy also.

Member X

Worth shifting this into the Scams forum?

gottahaverolex

Good call Noel! Thanks for the heads up

jeffw69

West Harlem- finest of the hoods!

powderfreak

West Harlem- finest of the hoods!

:lol:

NFleischer

OK guys, thanks for 'setting this straight' in the right place.

Just to update, they didn't follow through with the WU call- yet.

Still what legit business is going to let a customer go who tried to order something and actually entered the CC company, etc?

Scammers AND stupid I guess.

BTW- After Geneva and GZ, West Harlem is one of the most famous watch producing regions in the world.

NFleischer

Well, they just sent me an E-mail, suggesting that I WU the $. In addition, they offered an extra 7% discount to cover the wire fees.

Hmm, sounds good, no? BTW- this particular watch I happen to know is NOT in production. I guess its possible that they do have some NOS.

guami007

I don't know but it would seem that giving a known scam site your CC is probably not a good idea.

gB.
I don't know but it would seem that giving a known scam site your CC is probably not a good idea.

+1, although I think Neil was trying to test the waters to confirm it's a scam site.

Best you cancel that card immediately and have your CC company mail you a new one. I'm sure the CC number and details you provided have already been sold or cut to counterfeit plastic for a spending spree courtesy of Uncle Neil!

:picard:

NFleischer

Well actually i purposely made a switch with one of the numbers and security code.

Also alerted American Express just in case. Still, with my luck they'll probably go out and buy his and hers matching

Rolex DayDates in Platinum!