05d6bbfe.jpg

H357's pics:

44ba7409.jpg

84a39a87.jpg

9a2bc92c.jpg

301b6391.jpg

25736836.jpg

e333316f.jpg

H357 relumed the dial and repainted the whole dial as well. Fantastic work on a budget PAM 2533 rep.

mtt.tr

thats great

houndoggie

Things I need to do still:

Vintage the strap,

Solder the lugs,

Refinish the caseback to my own custom engraving,

and distress the crystal and crown more.

KinCaidk

Well done Harley!

@HD, :drool::Hmmmph::cry::drool: :drool: :boxing:

landwomble

“This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hannoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they’d confiscate it, take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slope’s gonna’ put his greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch, up his ass.â€

That looks great. Love the distressing on the casing. Was that a new casing? How do you get that finish?

houndoggie
“This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hannoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they’d confiscate it, take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slope’s gonna’ put his greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch, up his ass.”

That looks great. Love the distressing on the casing. Was that a new casing? How do you get that finish?

Harley357 ran over it repeatedly with his Harley.. Then he stuck it in the tailpipe for awhile.

Or something along these lines.

And pity the poor guy who has to smuggle a 47mm Panerai in his ass.

Harley357

Hey, nice to see that one again!

VDB

nicely proto

KBH

When you solder the lugs, how about a quick tutorial?

houndoggie

Well, I am going to just try using silver solder, which probably won't work well.

P_Diddy

Very tasty, it looks more vintage than plain beat up like some of the home made vintage over on RWG2 :cry:

P_Diddy

It would bring tears to my eyes if he smuggled a Grahams :P

And pity the poor guy who has to smuggle a 47mm Panerai in his ass.

KBH

Well, I am going to just try using silver solder, which probably won't work well.

You need at least the heat of MAPP gas for that. Wonder if it will discolor the case?

That's what I'd be concerned with.

houndoggie

You need at least the heat of MAPP gas for that. Wonder if it will discolor the case?

That's what I'd be concerned with.

Yes, for a true weld, but i am just going for a welded look and hoping just for some mechanical retention of the solder.. It may be a complete failure though.

KBH

Let us know how it works out.

Often wondered how you could solder those in place and have a strap on it at the same time? Or ever replace the strap?

RolexAddict

I you want to weld little parts on SS cases, think TIG equipment,

soft welding/brasing like silver/brass/tin/alloy at low temp is no good, no way,

and listen : never grind off more in the morning than you can weld back on in the afternoon! :P

Edited by RolexAddict

houndoggie
I you want to weld little parts on SS cases, think TIG equipment,

soft welding/brasing like silver/brass/tin/alloy at low temp is no good, no way,

I understand this, but I am not looking for a functional weld, just the the appearance of a welded lug. I'll try solder, it won't take more than 2 minutes to determine if it'll look okay and stick.

RolexAddict
“This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hannoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they’d confiscate it, take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slope’s gonna’ put his greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch, up his ass.â€

Yes my friend, :P

remember, a great movie,

pulp3.jpg

pulp02.jpg

pulp01.jpg

pulp00.jpg

:beer2: beer time !