Sign in to follow this  
KBH

Wonder where all the movements are going?

KBH

$1500 for a friggin cal 917 watch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tourby-Special-Edition...id=p3286.c0.m14

We take pleasure in presenting a totaly unique timepiece - A work of art - an utterly stunning wristwatch demonstrating the very best of German craftsmanship and watch making. The movement is a genuine Hamilton Caliber 917. This movement is a manfucature work from 1930´s and true American Made. This Caliber is complete overhauled by our master watchmakers and running smooth and accuracy. We need 3 movements each Timepiece. We use 2 movements to build an perfect working Timpiece and held a 3rd , movement on our stock for spare parts to guarantee our customers the service for next 30 years. The movement is decorated with all available embellishments: Cotes de Geneve, Screw Balance, Gold Chatons on Bridges, Gold Chatons on Main Plate, Gold Chaton on Pallet Brdige, Gold Chatons on the Ratchet Wheel, Gold Chatons on the Train Wheel Bridge, Gold Chatons on the Balance Bridge, Bregeut Spiral, Flame Blued Screws done by hand, Double Sunburst and polished Winding Wheels in traditional Design, Polished Angles, Perlage on Main Plate, 17 Jewels, Adjusted in 3 Positions, 18.000 A/h and 45 hours Power Reserve. 205.000 Hamilton Caliber 917 only produced from 1936 - 1954. 3% of this quantity only are remained.

Models with American Made Caliber Hamilton 921, 922, 923, 945 will coming soon

KinCaidk

That is ridiculous.

"for $1.300 extra could we customize the movement with hand engravings and rhodium plating"

AllergyDoc

Pretty watch.

The_Monkey

Compare it to similar watches from RGM and it's a downright steal.

KBH
Compare it to similar watches from RGM and it's a downright steal.

What's RGM? Rep Geek Members?

If so, I agree with you.

sconehead

Hmmm, wonder what my Hamilton 917 powered Rose gold Pam style case (with cg) and thick brown classic strap will be worth when I've built it? Could be be worth more than a Tourby, after all it will have been hand built with extra loving care...what d'ya think...:Hmmmph:

JohnG is on to something here boys...let's corner the market. Any Swiss members here? We can let them put the straps on and claim 'Swiss made' to boot...:cry:

KBH

Any hand built watch assembled by a monkey should be worth big bucks.

sconehead
Any hand built watch assembled by a monkey should be worth big bucks.

:P

JohnG

Tourby makes nice stuff, overpriced to us, but hey, when you think about it so are Rolexes and Pams and all the others. This guy at least strips these movements, makes something quite unique. I wouldn't buy one, would rather make my own, but more power to the guy if he can get those prices...

sconehead

We could get Luthier to make some nice wooden presentation boxes, brand the dials RWG 1.1 and make a fortune on e-bay... :wub: