Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Another "WOW!" for a 5513...

RolexAddict

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=78806

:P

I am sure the seller will find an idiot who will buy this rep, yes, 780 euros = $1.200... for a fake, peanuts !

KBH

Agreed. If it was in US$ it would be tempting. Nice watch. I'd think it was worth about $500 to $700, at least to me.

VDB

R.A.

here is the seller

i think price is a very fair offer

better is you make here not a comment or you information for this before comment

see strap...http://cgi.ebay.de/1967-Rolex-20mm-Swiss-Riveted-Bracelet-5513-1680-1675_W0QQitemZ200385002110QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item2ea7e07a7e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by VDB

P_Diddy

Are you the seller of this watch over on the Geek?

R.A.

here is the seller

better is you make here not a comment or you information for this before comment

see strap...http://cgi.ebay.de/1967-Rolex-20mm-Swiss-Riveted-Bracelet-5513-1680-1675_W0QQitemZ200385002110QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item2ea7e07a7e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

VDB
Are you the seller of this watch over on the Geek?

R.A.

here is the seller

exactly

trailboss99

looks like you have it wrong this time fellas. That's a gen bracelet allrighty. 700 is actualy cheap for that bracelet, VDB got a good deal on it and the bracelet plus KBH's low end estimate = asking price.

I can't imagine VDB pulling a fast one on anyone, he's been in this game longer than anyone here.

Col.

KBH

Nobody's implying anything of the sort. VDB is well known and respected on all the forums. If I had been aware of who the seller was I'd have probably kept my mouth shut, even though I still feel the same about it.

The point is, no matter how much you spend on putting gen parts on it, it's still a rep. And to me, a rep is only gonna be worth so much, particularly Rolex. Don't you find it rather amazing that people will actually pay $4500 - $5500 for a rep Daytona made by some guy from Viet Nam (Phong). It's also ridiculous that people are paying thousands of dollars for Angelus desk clocks just for the movements. It's apparently what the market will bear, but in my opinion, it's still stupidity.

VDB makes some stunning pieces of vintage art with his Pams, although they are also out of my price range for a rep. Just like YGG's dials, but there is value added.

AllergyDoc

It is a gorgeous watch. no doubt, but I'm with KBH on this one.

But then, I don't value vintage Rollies all that much. Others do, and I'm sure someone will appreciate the expense and effort that went into making that watch. If I ever get a vintage Rollie rep, it'll cost me $90 or less.

sconehead

This is probably one of the few occasions when the asking price reflects the sum of it's parts. VDB isn't ripping anyone IMO. Granted, it is a lot of money for a rep but I looked into doing a Yuki 1680 with a gen movement and all the trimmings, it wasn't going to be cheap and decided against it. I'd rather put my dough into modding reps affordably (gen/DSN dials, gen crowns etc.) or into a cheap secondhand gen, 780 euros is decent SMP territory...

KBH

There's another example that's now on the block that I don't understand. One of the well respected modders who I'm sure is very well meaning now has a CHS GMTIIC for sale for $900 that the GMT function doesn't even work correctly. Given, it has a gen crystal and bezel insert but still, we all know what piece of shit movements are in them. Why would anyone in their right mind pay $900 for one. And there's 20 people behind his post saying what a great deal it is.

Hell I've got the same friggin piece of shit watch as that and mine has been sent to Rex, twice, and still has the exact same problem as his does. I wouldn't even attempt to sell it, even for less than I paid for it, since it doesn't work correctly. Plus mine's been superlumed.

I'm disassembling mine to salvage the ETA movement and ordered another Asian 21j GMT movement to replace it. At least the 21j GMT movements work like they are supposed to.

Maybe it's just me, but if I was selling any kind of rep for that kind of money, it would have to be spectacular. And be in 100% working order.

RolexAddict

I will add :

This watch is really a great piece, no doubt.

Sorry if some here are upset, my response is not agressive, I just try to explain -french guy trying to speak english- just stop to tell bullshit to rep forums members, we are a community here, and friends, I hope so,

Even if you put elbow oil and some $$$ modding a rep, a rep is a rep. Period.

Sell it, just thinking you will get back some bucks, which will help you to buy something else for a new project, don't try to make business and profit with friends on the boards,

I have fooled idiots here in Paris, but I will keep respect and sell stuff here, on boards, at the right price.

One exemple:

A second at 6 Daytona, TT, solid middle links bracelet, 14K wrapped, the most expensive model sold by Josh. The watch is serviced, Sec at 6. module checked, oiled, running very smooth, waterproofed watch and officialy tested to 10 atm like the gen, lot of work, lot of care, brand new watch, cost me more than $370 + shipping + elbow oil,

I can sell it 2000 euros here in Paris, but I assume its not easy, I will give it here for $200, or, the watch will stay in my presentation cabinet for a more long time,, thats just my philosophy, we are like brothers here no trying to make profit between ourselves

May be I am an idiot an a bad business man :)

sconehead

Yes, totally agree with you on that particular sale. It's probably being praised by noobs or the guys sychophants.

KBH, if you swap out the movement with an Asian, you'll need a new handset wont you?

sconehead

@RA, I think VDB will break even at best looking at the gen parts...unless he picked them up for a steal...and you are correct, member to member sales on all the boards state that they should be non-profit as far as I'm aware...

KBH
Yes, totally agree with you on that particular sale. It's probably being praised by noobs or the guys sychophants.

KBH, if you swap out the movement with an Asian, you'll need a new handset wont you?

I've been looking for a good deal on a cheap Rolex GMT. First I bought a GMT from Donerix and it came in with the keyless works fucked up. Then, I bought a daily special GMT from Robert for $89. Unfortunately it came in with the date setting buggered and had to go back.

I figured on painting the GMT hand green and swapping the dials. I suppose I can sell the PVD case and bracelet over on RG and recover about 50% of the cost.

:)