Sign in to follow this  
landwomble

Omega Seamaster Pro date problem

landwomble

Hi There,

Since I stopped wearing my Seamaster for a couple of days and it ran out of power, after I've wound it up again it's keeping good time but the datewheel doesn't seem to advance.

I can manually advance it fine, but it doesn't do it by itself I don't think.

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to check? Assuming I don't set it at just after midnight, how do I make sure the watch changes at night, and not at lunchtime?

Regards,

Ric

AllergyDoc

Quite often all you need to do is turn the hands through several days and everything will line up again. Then, when the date is clicking over properly, stop at 6:00 AM and set the date. You'll know it's 6:00 AM because you'll watch the date change and then you'll stop when you get to 6:00. After that, set the proper time. If you're doing this at 8:00 PM, you'll need to turn move the hands around the dial 14 hours. Get it?

landwomble
Quite often all you need to do is turn the hands through several days and everything will line up again. Then, when the date is clicking over properly, stop at 6:00 AM and set the date. You'll know it's 6:00 AM because you'll watch the date change and then you'll stop when you get to 6:00. After that, set the proper time. If you're doing this at 8:00 PM, you'll need to turn move the hands around the dial 14 hours. Get it?

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO! as I type this, it's just clicked over at midnight! I'll get me coat.

just to confirm: manually advancing hands 24hrs should always advance the date 1 day?

AllergyDoc

Yes. 24 hrs = 1 day

houndoggie
Yes. 24 hrs = 1 day

*depends on the planet. You never know! :P

AllergyDoc

Well, you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and try not to be too much of a smart ass...

Luthier
Well, you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, and try not to be too much of a smart ass...

That's who we are...

:P

trailboss99

You do know not to set the date between 9 and 3 yes? Do it exactly as AD says.

Col.

landwomble
Yes. 24 hrs = 1 day

*depends on the planet. You never know! :)

Well, yes! What I meant was does winding the hands advance the date: I thought if the crown was pulled out t set hands that it disengaged the date wheel....