Sign in to follow this  
p-lund

powerreserve

p-lund

hi ! i have a noobmariner with asian ETA-clone movement, and i wonder how long powerreserve you can expect from it. i tested winding it fully and then didn´t wear it for the whole day, and at 8.30 PM it was dead. is this normal or shouldn´t it run longer even if it´s not worn for a day ? thanks.

greg_r

You should normally get 30 hours or more - most of my 21js give something around 36 hours PR. It's one of those things that happens occasionally with the asian movements - it may improve with use, however. I have one that works fine while I wear it, but dies pretty quickly when I take it off. Doesn't really bother me as it's only a cheap watch and it's while I'm wearing it that it needs to be running :D

KBH

You may not have had it fully wound. Try wearing it for a day and jerking off every 3 hours, then check the power reserve.

Or you could just give it about 40 to 50 slow winds and then set it down and see how long it runs.

sconehead
You may not have had it fully wound. Try wearing it for a day and jerking off every 3 hours, then check the power reserve.

I find every 2 hours gives a more accurate result...

AllergyDoc

I wear my watches on my left hand, and I'm right handed. Will me jerking off still wind my watch?

NFleischer

good point doc! i guess it depends if you have a climax induced generalized seizure

jejeje

sconehead

I wear my watches on my left hand, and I'm right handed. Will me jerking off still wind my watch?

I think KBH advocates it being worn on ones 'member' Doc, so the jerk-off hand is irrevelant... :D

KBH

I'm ambidextrous, so I just switch back and forth when one hand get's tired.

AllergyDoc
good point doc! i guess it depends if you have a climax induced generalized seizure

jejeje

Sounds interesting, doc...

Can one be induced? :D